Legend Bowl

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Legend Bowl

Post by tjung0831 »

Released for consoles today. Been waiting to play this one for a long time. Not sure there has been a game I’ve looked more forward to than this in the last year.
Anybody else playing ?
Last edited by tjung0831 on Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Legend Bowl

Post by Sudz »

oh f***.

Been playing this on my Steam Deck. Love it!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Been playing the PC version occasionally for the last year, it just seems like it would be the perfect handheld game for the Switch so just purchased it now. Will give it a shot tonight.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Game is freaking fantastic….fun factor is off the charts . Madden can’t hang with this.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

The dev is also working on College Bowl. Looks great as well!

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Sudz wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:48 am
The dev is also working on College Bowl. Looks great as well!
Yep , patiently waiting on that as well, supposed to be out in the fall. Hoping it’s not another two years before it comes to console though.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Trying to decide if I should purchase it for the PS5 or the Switch. Either way, looking forward to playing it.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

sportdan30 wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:15 pm
Trying to decide if I should purchase it for the PS5 or the Switch. Either way, looking forward to playing it.
The answer is the Switch. You don't need the graphical horsepower of the PS5/XBox/PC for this game so making it available on a big screen or on the go is what I would recommend.

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

I downloaded and played the demo on the switch and it seems very laggy when playing a full game.

When I practice offense only, the game runs butter smooth, but everything slows down when adding defense.

I've had it on my steam deck, and it plays similar to the steame deck. I wish the game would run smoother and hopefully they keep working on it.

I did eliminate some options in the settings, ie vibration and lighting, and it seemed to help somewhat but still a little sluggish.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

pigpen81 wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:12 pm
I downloaded and played the demo on the switch and it seems very laggy when playing a full game.

When I practice offense only, the game runs butter smooth, but everything slows down when adding defense.

I've had it on my steam deck, and it plays similar to the steame deck. I wish the game would run smoother and hopefully they keep working on it.

I did eliminate some options in the settings, ie vibration and lighting, and it seemed to help somewhat but still a little sluggish.
Runs flawlessly on Series X. King Javo said in one of his videos that it wouldn’t play as good on the Switch
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Plays as well on my PS5 as it does on my Steamdeck.

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

I fired it up on my steam deck for the first time in a while and wow, what a difference. So smooth now and officially verified on the deck.

As much as I want to support the devs, I cannot recommend the Switch version right now unless it is the only option until it is patched to fix the extreme sluggishness. It feels like playing football in a swimming pool.

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

Switch update: I switched the performance in settings to minimal and everything is running super smooth.

Playing on the switch is more comfortable than on the steam deck, and playing portable is very convenient.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pigpen81 wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:17 pm
Switch update: I switched the performance in settings to minimal and everything is running super smooth.

Playing on the switch is more comfortable than on the steam deck, and playing portable is very convenient.
LOL...

Funny how people jump to conclusions and don't do any research. First thing I did was put it on performance mode on the Switch. So early in the process I didn't even think to mention it here. Forgot about it actually. Also bumped up the speed multiplier to like 1.8x and it is right where I want it.
Last edited by dbdynsty25 on Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Woops.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Picked it up for the PS5. Gameplay is great. I may double dip and get it on the Switch. I believe there is a demo so I'll try that out first.

Hoping the early access for Madden 24 becomes available later this evening.

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:03 pm
pigpen81 wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:17 pm

LOL...

Funny how people jump to conclusions and don't do any research. First thing I did was put it on performance mode on the Switch. So early in the process I didn't even think to mention it here. Forgot about it actually. Also bumped up the speed multiplier to like 1.8x and it is right where I want it.
:)

I'm at the age where time and patience is not a video game virtue any longer. If a game is a chore, I move on quickly without looking under the hood.