NHL 24

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NHL 24

Post by vader29 »

NHL 24 Playtest Coming Soon – How To Sign Up
https://clutchpoints.com/nhl-24-playtes ... to-sign-up

Direct link to the EA NHL 24 COMMUNITY PLAYTESTING SIGN-UP page:
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-technical-test
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NHL 24

Post by 10spro »

Dragons, we’ll find out more next week.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/ice-hockey/ ... ate-timing

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I saw that. August 16th reveal.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSbtHgyMrX4

Exhaust Engine, goalies will get tired during the game to let in even more goals! :lol:
Good to see them get rid of the bags with random items in them for in game currency instead to buy what items you want.

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

7even will be happy to see the updated goalie controls :D Now all I need to do is stay up late enough too play with you guys.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Yeah, I'm always happy to try updated goalie controls. I like the sound of trying to restrict overplaying from the goalie position at that's where I get into the most trouble.

I am *very* wary of the exhaustion engine. I understand trying to reward sustained pressure in the zone, but it can cause a lopsided match to snowball quickly.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

It's hilarious EA is trying sh*t like an "exhaustion engine" when its basic AI doesn't come close to playing a real game of hockey.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

New control scheme?
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:56 am
New control scheme?
Image,

Imagine everyone going for the Michigan spam now. Let’s hope the old skill stick scheme is still there and at least make it customizable. Otherwise, this new scheme is just perfect for the 14-20 range crowd.

Also read something about a new “Dark Mode”.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Dragons check your email too as I just got my confirmation for the 21st. Coming back from my trip that day so maybe we can all unofficially hook up on Tuesday 22nd and see how it plays?

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

In the Beta.

3v3 Chel is just everyone trying to do the Michigan over and over.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Sudz wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:19 am
In the Beta.

3v3 Chel is just everyone trying to do the Michigan over and over.
As I mentioned above, no surprise. Let the spamming begin…

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Here are my initial impressions on the early Beta with the Dragons and some random 3 on 3’s I had the past 2 days.

The exhaust engine does seem to skate slightly differently than last years game. In a good way. That new sustained pressure system where an opponent can drain your energy by just circling the puck around, shooting at all angles at the goalie, simply makes everyone more tired quicker and the goalie definitely gives a softy or 2 under a lengthy pressure. Dump and chase is one good strategy for example, and the more pinned you are against the board, the more chances you give to those young kids to do the “M” while your meter just drains down.

They should make that pressure meter smaller though as it’s distracting at times.

The new animations after being hit are just brutal, you can just adjust the hitting by moving your stick around, and that’s noteasy because you can easily miss an opponent. So if you don’t have the right timing, it creates fast odd men rushes where a skilled team can just bury your goalie. In other words, hitting maybe more of a skill and timing by pushing the stick down, and then up especially if you want to bury someone.

I just learnt that by pressing the RT button it activates directly to the desired player that to you want to pass by selecting X, B or A. They call it vision passing, as I was wondering why those letters were coming up. If someone struggles at passing, the new system does help.

Whether you like the new changes or not, skating does differ from 23. Now, this is still the Beta, I like the newer animations, but with cross platform going at full speed, menus and game match ups should be much faster than the current state.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

NHL 24 testers are already sick of Michigan goals after new control changes

https://www.dexerto.com/nhl/nhl-24-test ... s-2264669/

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

I found a few randos that played well. good passing. positioning. using the points. then I had a majority that just went coast to coast just to spam the michican over and over.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Dragons, official game released is on October 3rd, 9AM PST-12PM EST.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I need to adjust my sleep schedule to be up for Dragon weekends :D
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

NHL 24 GAMEPASS / EA PLAY 10 HOUR TRIAL OUT TODAY

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Enjoying it. Definitely plays too fast on default. Like that the CPU will shoot from the point and different areas in the blue zone. CPU passing needs to be lowered to zero. I've made a few other tweaks, but it plays a fun arcade style of hockey.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Played the trial of NHL 24 last night on my new X. Same sh*t, different year. Another year of terrible offline EA hockey. It's almost like the CPU and human teams are playing different games.

The CPU always forechecks with way more speed and tenacity than human teams. My CPU-controlled defenders won't guard anyone in the slot. CPU is stupid accurate with passing, as Dan said. Oh, boy, though: Two penalties were called in a game, one on each team. Progress!

Oh, well: I was running low on space on my SSD drive, anyways. Deleting yet another pile of frozen trash from EA will save some room.

NHL is the most stagnant EA team sports franchise, by a mile. It makes Madden look progressive and innovative as hell.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I'm enjoying it for the first time in several years. The new team has some good ideas and I'm liking the pressure system quite a bit. The CPU finally shoots from the points, which is great to see.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

pk500 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:34 pm
Played the trial of NHL 24 last night on my new X. Same sh*t, different year. Another year of terrible offline EA hockey. It's almost like the CPU and human teams are playing different games.

The CPU always forechecks with way more speed and tenacity than human teams. My CPU-controlled defenders won't guard anyone in the slot. CPU is stupid accurate with passing, as Dan said. Oh, boy, though: Two penalties were called in a game, one on each team. Progress!

Oh, well: I was running low on space on my SSD drive, anyways. Deleting yet another pile of frozen trash from EA will save some room.

NHL is the most stagnant EA team sports franchise, by a mile. It makes Madden look progressive and innovative as hell.
Just a bit harsh
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

i only play versus . any difference this year? i probably won't play hockey until well into the season so saving my 10 hours.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Lancer wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:57 pm
i only play versus . any difference this year? i probably won't play hockey until well into the season so saving my 10 hours.
Just played a HUT Rivals game (5v5) and all it is is jackasses trying to spam the s*** out of the one button Michigan deke from behind the net. Clown show.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Oh, and it’s total bullshit that I MUST complete the “”Training Camp” objectives to “open” the auction house so I can use the coins I EARNED. In Training Camp you must play and win games in all of the online modes I never play…Rivals, etc. Bullshit. I paid for the game - open the f#cking auction houser.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25