NHL 24

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NHL 24

Post by pk500 »

tjung0831 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:05 pm
pk500 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:34 pm
Played the trial of NHL 24 last night on my new X. Same sh*t, different year. Another year of terrible offline EA hockey. It's almost like the CPU and human teams are playing different games.

The CPU always forechecks with way more speed and tenacity than human teams. My CPU-controlled defenders won't guard anyone in the slot. CPU is stupid accurate with passing, as Dan said. Oh, boy, though: Two penalties were called in a game, one on each team. Progress!

Oh, well: I was running low on space on my SSD drive, anyways. Deleting yet another pile of frozen trash from EA will save some room.

NHL is the most stagnant EA team sports franchise, by a mile. It makes Madden look progressive and innovative as hell.
Just a bit harsh
Not if you want to play a realistic game of hockey offline.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Diablo25 wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:11 am
Lancer wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:57 pm
i only play versus . any difference this year? i probably won't play hockey until well into the season so saving my 10 hours.
Just played a HUT Rivals game (5v5) and all it is is jackasses trying to spam the s*** out of the one button Michigan deke from behind the net. Clown show.
That was the entire BETA. Nice breakout only to have dudes just trying that move every f***in time.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

so i go to play some online and practice mode for hut or the regular game? That's pretty s*** then.

Is this Michigan deke thing new?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Lancer wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:38 am
so i go to play some online and practice mode for hut or the regular game? That's pretty s*** then.

Is this Michigan deke thing new?
You could do it last year but it was a complex deke with the controls. This year they added “one button” dekes where all you have to do is press X, Y, B or A to do a preset deke.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

i started my trial and i am liking this game. feels more fresh this year than usual. i haven't done those trick shots yet. does the game have a tutorial? i didnt see it, it just took me straight to the main menu.

I see in HUT they copied MLB THE SHOW with Moments. that's pretty cool. I really like moments in mLB THE SHOW. I'll see how they translate into NHL.

Here the moment you dont need to own the cards of the players. the game gives you those players as loan players, like in fifa.

so far liking it.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

i may just buy this after my 10 hours are up. i dont' think i can wait for next april for it to go to free on gamepass.

really enjoying the entire moments aspect. i may even do season mode.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

the moments mode wore off for me with this game. it gets too repetitive.

i will do season/franchise mode now. i havent done that mode since xb360 days. but the game is sort of wearing thin on me offline

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Diablo25 wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:11 am
Lancer wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:57 pm
i only play versus . any difference this year? i probably won't play hockey until well into the season so saving my 10 hours.
Just played a HUT Rivals game (5v5) and all it is is jackasses trying to spam the s*** out of the one button Michigan deke from behind the net. Clown show.
Yep. Played about 2 hours of the Beta test and that is ALL it was.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I really like the PS5 controller in this game with all the haptic feedback but the stick placement just doesn't do it for me. I will have to go back to the Xbox version of the game because I can control my players and shoot better because of the stick placements.

The only difference w/ the haptic that i've exerpienced is a constant vibration when skating and noise effects coming from the controller itself. Other than that, I turned on the Xbox Vibration option in the game and it's pretty much the same.

I thought I'd get use to the PS5 controller as many on reddit NHL say once you get use to the PS5 controller you won't go back to the Xbox one. But for me it's quite the opposite.

I'm doing franchise now and I still have no good way to score. I will learn this game. I won't touch hut for a while.