Madden 24 'Make or Break'

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Madden 24 'Make or Break'

Post by pk500 »

I'm not Lancer, but my only beef with Madden 24 is that it's pretty damn easy to run.

Everyone moaned -- accurately -- that running was too tough in Madden 22. So, in classic EA style, the developers have swung the pendulum too far in the other direction in Madden 23 and especially Madden 24. No different in past years when people bitched about how hard it was to pressure the QB, and EA developers responded by turning the next year's Madden into Sackapaloooza.

It's good to listen to customers. But in the end, the development team for Madden heeds the crowd too much, and we get these wild pendulum swings in aspects of gameplay every fall.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:33 pm
I'm not Lancer, but my only beef with Madden 24 is that it's pretty damn easy to run.
Have you played it since launch? running is a bit less over powered after a few patches.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:38 pm
pk500 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:33 pm
Have you played it since launch? running is a bit less over powered after a few patches.
Played it last night. Had no problem running the ball, and either did the CPU against me.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I’ve been playing a lot of online H2H and feel like the game is pretty well balanced. There are counters for just about anything your opponent throws at you, offensively and defensively.

There’s some quirky stuff that happens from time to time, but overall having a good deal of fun with it.
GT = Wilk5280

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

the latest patch is out.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'm seeing a lot more DB / WR interaction and general WR being aggressive to the ball since the last patch ( I was 2 behind I guess), I'm also seeing penalties. I had 3 DPI calls in 4 games, plus holding, false start and offsides. Still a tad light but definitely better than zero.

I forgot who said it above but setting play cool downs and limits really made the game better. I can't span the same run and rush for 150 and I can't call the same defense 4 plays in a row. Was a great suggestion.
Follow Me on:

TheGamer
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheGamer »

Also try playing defense from the defensive perspective camera and no playerswitching. I normally take control of the 1 technique DT and perform his responsibilities and let the other player's ratings determine their performance. Using Dallas it's fun watching Parsons and Lawrence get after the QB and making plays myself with the DT. Just another level of enjoyment and difficulty imo.
XBL gamertag:SecondACR Vet
PSN: BHoward1
http://community.2ksports.com/community ... id=1010465
http://twitter.com/ BradHowardSr

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Playing with the Broncos is difficulty enough. :P
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

TheGamer
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheGamer »

I know most here don't like messing with sliders but Matt10 and Armor & Sword over at OS both have great sets for all pro and all madden. Game plays very realistically.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

TheGamer wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:43 pm
I know most here don't like messing with sliders but Matt10 and Armor & Sword over at OS both have great sets for all pro and all madden. Game plays very realistically.
I'm a big believer in Matt10's sliders for EA FC. Without it, the game plays very arcadey. I'll try out his Madden sliders this weekend. Thanks!

TheGamer
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheGamer »

sportdan30 wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:20 am
TheGamer wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:43 pm
I'm a big believer in Matt10's sliders for EA FC. Without it, the game plays very arcadey. I'll try out his Madden sliders this weekend. Thanks!
No problem. It's the current set I use with my own minor tweaks. But they play very well.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I've quit franchise which is helping me enjoy the game more.

what i'm doing now is doing a 32 team controlled season and playing off the real life games that were good games or interesting.

Like I played this past sunday's niners/browns game and last nights MNF cowboys/chargers.

This way of playing is very fun as you can play different teams and superstars.

another thing I read up on is the momentum meter is OP this year. I have not turned it off but I'm more cognizant of it.

I remember like 3 maddens ago they had PLAY NOW with every week's real games. They got rid of that last year and now you can only start from Week 1 of the season.

one bummer w/ this game is after you finish there are no game ending replays.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I swear every time I get this game playing right they patch it and it gets worse. Latest patch made DB insta react to passes again. Latest patch also removed the coach option to play ball, swat ball or play receiver. EA said the feature never worked with their new DB / WR interaction system meaning that feature hasn't worked for 2 years. I know for certain this mean the penalty sliders and who knows what else doesn't work.
Follow Me on:

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I finally uninstalled it, it's just not fun anymore. I am optimistic they will deliver on NCAA, but if it plays like Madden 24, it will be a huge disappointment.

I have no idea why they wait so long to fix issues, and even then, they break other stuff. The CPU end of game logic is beyond broken amongst a long laundry list of other issues I have with the game.

The good news is, Front Office Football 9 is releasing this month after 7 years since FOF 8 was released.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

MizzouRah wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:58 pm
I finally uninstalled it, it's just not fun anymore. I am optimistic they will deliver on NCAA, but if it plays like Madden 24, it will be a huge disappointment.

I have no idea why they wait so long to fix issues, and even then, they break other stuff. The CPU end of game logic is beyond broken amongst a long laundry list of other issues I have with the game.

The good news is, Front Office Football 9 is releasing this month after 7 years since FOF 8 was released.
ya the game is trash and ea is trash. im trying to make so many excuses to like this year but it comes to a dead end. i dont know why i enjoyed last years game. maybe it was just fun. this years so frustrating.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

this game is already on sale $44 amazon

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I am enjoying this game more . Maybe it's because the NFL season is heating up and the playoffs are not too far.

One thing I did is change my settings : All Madden + Arcade.

The games are not shootouts as you would think. I like the big plays using Arcade and they happen enough like they would in a real game.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Having some fun playing the H2H mode. I am 5-1 today H2H. I beat guy with 150/100/200+ victories. I came back to win in all 5 games because they kept passing the ball and I get picks.
Last edited by Lancer on Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

yo Jared - this s*** broken - i can't post my full post here before it says internal error. fix this s***. Here was the rest of my previous post
I play run run run so they defend all pass so I get huge yards as the Niners with CMC. Then if i Have to pass they are safe passes to Kittle or Deebo.
It's a great formula for victory!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

The servers are clearly sick of you posting to yourself about this shitty game. :lol:

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:05 pm
The servers are clearly sick of you posting to yourself about this shitty game. :lol:
it's the only nfl game we got. i have to make myself like it.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

So one drawback about the PS5 version of Madden 24 is if you play online and the other guy does not mute his controller, you can hear him talk on and on and on. There is no option in the game to mute his mic. Or on any PS5 settings.

I played one guy who was having a conversation with his 4 year old daughter while we were playing. I didnt tell him to mute or anything. He was a nice enough father but the girl crying while playing was nails on a wall feeling. Another guy was broadcasting our game on twitch while I was playing and was saying all kind of annoying s*** to get likes.

So what have I learned thru all this experience I just described - The English Language is dead!

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

So a few things I've noticed about this game PS5 VS XBX

PS5 - the HDR seems to be a little darker than XB. I sort of like it because it adds more depth to the colors. The colors are solid and look really nice.

XBX - the HDR is more on the brigther side. I like this a lot more. It's like the XBX version installed lights in the stadium. The game looks really great especially at nighttime.

Also, visually, the XBX players seem bigger. I know it's the same game but the way the XBX players come off the screen they just look like NFL players. Whereas the PS5 seems smaller. Maybe it's the bigger XB controller that makes me feel like this? Seems like there is more weight to the players on the XBX version vs the PS5.

Both look great. It depends if you like the darker HDR for PS5 or the brighter HDR for XBX. I tried to mess w/ the tv settings for both but I think it's just the way both systems generate the image on the tv.

I noticed the same for NHL video output wise PS5 vs XBX. But the player sizes are the same for NHL.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

they finally updated PLAY NOW

It now has all the SUPER WILD CARD games this weekend.

Game is free to play this weekend on Xbox too!

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Lancer wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:55 pm
they finally updated PLAY NOW

It now has all the SUPER WILD CARD games this weekend.

Game is free to play this weekend on Xbox too!
Finally. Might check it out.