What are you currently playing (2023)?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: What are you currently playing (2023)?

Post by Sudz »

Diablo IV
NCAA 14

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Finally getting in to some backlog games

Ghost Recon Breakpoint Motherland Update
GTA 5
Dungeon Siege 3
The Club 2. Not great, but I do like the variety

Dailies on our society in PGA 2k23

Online shooters mixed in a bit: COD, Battlefield, Insurgency Sandstorm

Also bought a Logitech G Cloud a month or so ago. Really liking it. Not only is the streaming great, but the emulation is very good as well.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

JOZ wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:03 pm
Also bought a Logitech G Cloud a month or so ago. Really liking it. Not only is the streaming great, but the emulation is very good as well.
This is actually true. I was shocked at how good the unit was, doing everything I asked of it. That said, I used it on my European trip last month and then returned it because I just won't use it much at home. It sat for a week when I got back and that pretty much sealed it's fate.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:07 pm
JOZ wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:03 pm
This is actually true. I was shocked at how good the unit was, doing everything I asked of it. That said, I used it on my European trip last month and then returned it because I just won't use it much at home. It sat for a week when I got back and that pretty much sealed it's fate.
Does this thing let you cloud game easily? Can I play anything on my xbox not just Game Pass games?

Interested in Madden as I'll be away from home for a few weeks.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Yes, works quite well provided you have a decent wifi available that has at least a steady 10mbps connection. I know because I stayed at a VRBO recently that said wifi, but it was only 2-6 Mbps and it was unplayable.

Besides cloud gaming off the Game pass app, you can use the Xbox app to play remote from your Xbox. Again, you need at least the 10mbps connection. You can play any games you have on your Xbox minus most backwards compatible titles from the 360 or original Xbox.

I wish they would combine everything on one app. I don't see the point in both.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

JOZ wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:08 pm
Yes, works quite well provided you have a decent wifi available that has at least a steady 10mbps connection. I know because I stayed at a VRBO recently that said wifi, but it was only 2-6 Mbps and it was unplayable.

Besides cloud gaming off the Game pass app, you can use the Xbox app to play remote from your Xbox. Again, you need at least the 10mbps connection. You can play any games you have on your Xbox minus most backwards compatible titles from the 360 or original Xbox.

I wish they would combine everything on one app. I don't see the point in both.
Thanks! gonna pick one up and sell my steam deck!

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

It will be interesting to see what you think of it.

If you are in to emulation at all, there are videos out there on how to set everything up. It took a bit of time to get everything set up, get games, and adjust settings to get the more demanding systems/games playing acceptable But it was worth it to have all that available in a handheld along with the cloud and direct current gen games.

It is a bit pricey, but I don't think there is anything out there that does what this does better overall

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Been playing Diablo 4 pretty much everyday but that will change once BG 3 releases in about a week. Then I likely won't play anything else until I'm done which by all indications could be a while.

I also got a ROG Ally a month ago and haven't turned on my Steam deck since, so I'm likely going to see mine as well.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

JOZ wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:42 pm

If you are in to emulation at all, there are videos out there on how to set everything up. It took a bit of time to get everything set up, get games, and adjust settings to get the more demanding systems/games playing acceptable But it was worth it to have all that available in a handheld along with the cloud and direct current gen games.

It is a bit pricey, but I don't think there is anything out there that does what this does better overall
I've done some emulation with the steam deck but I really want to play my xbox games while on the road so I think the G may be my path forward. Does the PS5 offer cloud gaming as well?

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Just started Jedi Survivor - great use of the Star Wars IP (better than most of the film/tv content lately).
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Sudz wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:49 am
JOZ wrote:

I've done some emulation with the steam deck but I really want to play my xbox games while on the road so I think the G may be my path forward. Does the PS5 offer cloud gaming as well?
Yes, it does. Not sure what all you need for that as I have never messed with it. If I recall from a video I watched, you need a third party app? Just check YouTube, I'm sure there are plenty of videos.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

JOZ wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:11 pm
Sudz wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:49 am
JOZ wrote:

Yes, it does. Not sure what all you need for that as I have never messed with it. If I recall from a video I watched, you need a third party app? Just check YouTube, I'm sure there are plenty of videos.
Thanks!!!

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

MLB THE SHOW
FLIGHT SIM 2020
PGA 2K23
PGA TOUR EA - trying to figure it out still
NHL 23 - just for Versus online H2H when I get in the mood

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Spider-Man 2 and Mario Wonder. Both games have far exceeded my expectations. The level of love and care put in to these two incredible games is off the charts!

Also Racket Fury on the PSVR 2. I love me some ping pong and it's been a heck of a workout as well.

Pinball FX - I continue to play the "events" almost daily. Absolutely in love with all the Williams tables. Most played game of 2023.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I have been burning thru Cyberpunk Phantom Liberty. AWESOME expansion. I started Spider-Man 2 on Saturday and it looks like it’s going to be awesome. A little Starfield and COD multiplayer also.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

mb the show23
madden24
efootball24
nhl 24
flight sim
pga 2k23

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Madden 24
Starfield - though I'm starting to lose interest a bit in it. Planets just feel way too empty. lacks the exploration found in Fallout games.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

forgot to add I started playing the new Forza Motorsport and really enjoying it.

I am not as much as a sim racer vs arcade but Forza Horizon has got stale so I enjoy the change of pace w/ Motorsport.

Too bad nobody can recreate a game like TOCA 2 for this gen.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Lancer wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:03 pm
Too bad nobody can recreate a game like TOCA 2 for this gen.
Amen. Although Assetto Corsa Competizione is pretty damn close, even if it's just GT cars. BRILLIANT game.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

After 216 hours I have finished Baldur's Gate 3 and while this game has infinite replay potential as I can think of at least 20 choices I made that could of gone another way, plus a dozen quests I didn't complete. I'm going to take a break and give Starfield a shot now. BG3 will be a game I play once a year but there are other games to get too.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

4 games currently heavy in rotation and loving all of them:
- EA Sports WRC
- EA Sports PGA Tour
- Madden 24 Online H2H vs Randoms
- Modern Warfare 3. Pains me to have paid full price for this glorified add-on/expansion, but loving the original MW2 maps.
GT = Wilk5280