Madden 22

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Madden 22

Post by Danimal »

TCrouch wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:00 am
In Madden 22 he is much more effective because the players don't do the random exaggerated direction changes.
I think that is called a bug fix, not a new feature :D

Odd, I can still run HB Dives 4 times in a row on the PC and get a first down every time against the CPU. Passing is a lot easier on the PC for me as well the DB's reaction time seems to be slower to me. Glad you're enjoying it but I'm going to stick with the next gen version.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

I'm digging it so far and I played the crap outta 21. Though I have been playing NCAA 14 pretty hardcore over the past few months so I might be using that as the gauge rather than 21.

And why is the 10-hour trial so far away from the release date. I mean, I bought the game, I have the game, I played the game... just let me keep playing.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Sudz wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:57 am
I'm digging it so far and I played the crap outta 21. Though I have been playing NCAA 14 pretty hardcore over the past few months so I might be using that as the gauge rather than 21.

And why is the 10-hour trial so far away from the release date. I mean, I bought the game, I have the game, I played the game... just let me keep playing.
Pretty sure if you bought anything above the standard edition it goes live tomorrow.
Follow Me on:

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Danimal wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:02 am
Sudz wrote:

Pretty sure if you bought anything above the standard edition it goes live tomorrow.
Ah, thanks. Pretty sure I bought the standard x/s version as I have no need for stubs or whatever the f*** they call their points for cards.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Looks like they extended the trial to just expire at midnight versus the 10-hour clock

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Sudz wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:54 am
Danimal wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:02 am
Sudz wrote:

Ah, thanks. Pretty sure I bought the standard x/s version as I have no need for stubs or whatever the f*** they call their points for cards.
Looks like any next-gen pre-orders go live today.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Granted, it's a single game (the first I've played that wasn't Face of the Franchise) on Series X, but it was definitely a trip.

Preseason against the Seahawks in franchise mode...and the movement is indeed much crisper than the PC--but that made the game easier than on PC in my experience. I like the QB inaccuracy to some extent (as pressure and coverage combine to make for some bad throws), but the human running game is still very overpowered, even with a work-in-progress offensive line like the Raiders have and superstars subbed in at both LB positions after the first quarter (Bobby Wagner and Jamal Adams were apparently the backup Sub LBs, so both LBs were X-factors against my 50s and 60s backup OL).

In the end, I ran for 200+ on 10 minute quarters/15 second runoff, but only threw for 140 yards. Most of it right up the gut on blasts or dives. It feels like a solid pro/con scenario, because it's nice to not instantly get sucked in by any DL near me, but also means you'll routinely get 5 or 6 yards before anybody can touch you by just slightly moving through the lanes and being patient.

And since the CPU QBs can finally be inaccurate, coupled with very finely tuned control--the Seahawks QBs threw 6 picks (1 by Wilson, 5 by Geno Taylor), a couple returned for scores.

I do like how the CPU will make more methodical drives and get yardage in small bits, rather than feast-or-famine, but it was quite possibly one of the weirdest games I've ever played. Barely throw the ball, grab a ton of turnovers, and the only TD they got was on a completely blown coverage (which was awesome to see), where a wheel route/drag combo saw my 50-awareness DB play the drag even though he had inside help--and then Geno Smith threw a dime outside to a WIDE OPEN WR with nobody within 20 yards of him. I had to replay this to see what happened. It looked like a legit real Raiders play, where you wonder how a guy got so wide open. Just dumb CB play.

That was the coolest thing I've seen on PC or console so far :lol:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Are we at a point where we could potentially do a multiplayer franchise like yesteryear with this? It'd be interesting. I haven't played against humans in years, it feels like, other than my friend who barely knows how to play Madden. Most of those games are just tutorials explaining stuff to somebody, though.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I don't think we have enough people for a big multi-user franchise but idk.

I find the running game to be odd, for example I played with the Browns and was able to run like crazy but in my Bears franchise running Montgomery it is very rare for him to break a big run but a speed guy like Cohen can rip some off. I actually had to tune down the reaction time and int on the CPU they were killing me but my guys don't seem to be as aggressive.

So far each game has been different. Against the Rams they had a slight 10-7 lead going into half then I made a few mistakes and I ended up losing 27-7. Next game Bengals are up and I'm down 10-0 out of the gate but I was able to claw my way back into it with running and play action for a 28-20 win.

My 3rd game the Browns are running the ball down my throat, I think Nick Chubb went to Hicks house and stiff armed his mother since he stiff armed everyone else on the field. I'm down 17-0 at the half.

I love how the play art and icons get affected when on the road and the crowd is going nuts. There are lots of nice touches and I'm hoping they can patch some of the weirdness like lack of penalties and things like that.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I have no idea what the defensive adjustments for zones do, I assume it is depth but I'd really like my guys to stop giving up 8 yard curls when the CPU AI stops them every time.
Follow Me on:

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I'm enjoying the game quite a bit. It has subtle improvements that I like ( additional game planning and half time adjustments, momentum and crowd involvement). I'm hoping EA can do something about the rather muted tackle sounds.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Nice bug....

In franchise I had a bug where a 27-17 win was counted as a 17-0 loss. :?

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Sudz wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:02 am
Nice bug....

I've heard about that one... I'm definitely waiting on the first title update before starting a CFM.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

MizzouRah wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:16 pm
Sudz wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:02 am
Nice bug....

I've heard about that one... I'm definitely waiting on the first title update before starting a CFM.
Yeah, sucks.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Sudz wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:02 pm

Yeah, sucks.
Was that online or offline cfm?

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Another bug where a player won't come back in the game after being subbed out due to stamina.

also, so much s*** is the exact same from previous years. 900 new people on the sideline BUT NO FG refs. :x

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Sudz wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:53 am
Another bug where a player won't come back in the game after being subbed out due to stamina.

also, so much s*** is the exact same from previous years. 900 new people on the sideline BUT NO FG refs. :x
and... i lost the Super Bowl in OT, advance the week and it has me winning 34-0.
Then in the draft the screen goes super white and I can barely see the picks being made.

Just full of bugs that make playing anything outside of the MUT modes difficult.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

MizzouRah wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:09 pm
Sudz wrote:

Yeah, sucks.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Sudz wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:35 am
MizzouRah wrote:
Sudz wrote:

Yeah, sucks.
What platform are you playing on? I've only done about 7 games in a franchise on PC, and even fewer on the Series X. But I might want to wait a while if stuff like that is going on.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Sudz wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:
Sudz wrote:

Yeah, sucks.
Yeah seems to be an offline cfm issue, I always do online cfm.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

MizzouRah wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:54 am
Sudz wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:

Yeah seems to be an offline cfm issue, I always do online cfm.
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll do a restart.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I've played enough games at this point to realize I need to stop until they patch a lot of issues. I could live with the no penalties but players disappearing from games. The scripted off field BS, I'm doing a Bears CFM I am not winning many game (see below) Mack is scripted to retire in this game if you do bad. Despite my losing record Mack through 7 games has 16 sacks (none user controlled) so he is on pace to set the single season sack record but he hangs it up because we can't win. I laugh every time I remember EA's rep statement about penalties being scripted and random when much of the game is scripted.

Then the absurd difference between the AO controlled players and your players. Your DB's and WR will not go for balls or react like the AI unless you take control. I'm tired of watching my WR stand there while a DB goes up and take the ball away. Or my CB stay flat footed while the AI WR jumps and make a grab. Or an AI controlled LB or DB with their backs turned peel off a coverage, stop on a dime and make a leaping grab. I just want my AI Controlled guys to act the same as the CPU's.

There is a lot to like but there are some very enjoyment sucking things from the game.
Follow Me on:

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

sportdan30 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:55 pm
Patch update notes.

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/mad ... 0601438483
The didn't mention the sub bug or the fog during the draft. :?

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I'm having a blast on AM defaults, cloud CFM with 12M/15S with the Vikings.

Beat the Bengals, 34-31 in a back and forth game, had a kickoff TD and blocked FG TD. Burrow was slinging it all over the place.

We then head to Arizona and our defense clamps down as we win 33-6. Up next Seattle comes in for our home opener.