FIFA 22 Next Gen Hyper Motion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

FIFA 22 Next Gen Hyper Motion

Post by Rodster »

So could this be the year of something really new and exciting? It's called Hyper Motion and it will use machine learning AI to make the game more realistic. "Advanced match capture" to create new animations in real time. This will apply to shots, passes, and crosses. Overall, EA says HyperMotion "transforms how players move on and off the ball." Only next gen consoles and Stadia will include Hyper Motion. everything else will be lagacy editions including the PC version.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fifa- ... 0-6493805/

I'm interested but will it really make a difference on the pitch or is this just marketing fluff? According to several articles, unless you buy the Ultimate Edition you can't get the upgraded PS5 or Series X/S versions. What happened to Smart Delivery for the XBOX? I guess it won't affect you if you have Game Pass and have a Series X/S.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: FIFA 22 Next Gen Hyper Motion

Post by pk500 »

So, this is how we'll get "exclusive" games for the current-gen consoles. Take existing, multigenerational titles, create features only available for the latest machines and then charge $40 extra for them because it's a "limited edition."

And we thought DLC and microtransactions were bad. F*ck me.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Imagine putting something on Stadia and not the PC, loved to hear the logic in that.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

First of all, EA is a master at marketing their products. Pumpling up hi-tech terms that when one sees it in previews, and trailers it makes one think “Oh yeah, that will work” yet when the real gameplay comes once the product is released, that same person may totally forget what ‘Hyper Motion’ (the new buzzword) is all about because depending on which mode you play in FIFA, that same hyped gameplay just offers you a totally different experience.

The more people buy into hyper-competitive always online multiplayer experiences, designed to upsell content, the less important game tech will become.

Whether it’s “Play Now’, Career, Volta, Seasons or FUT, the gameplay is different depending onthe mode you play. Personally, I don’t pay too much attention anymore to all the hype previous to any new release when it comes to Sports games from EA.

As mainly a FUT player, I know the same issues arise every year: Lack of fair servers at the busiest time of the weekend event. Until that issue gets fixed no new hi-tech term can fix the gameplay du jour.

Offline play is different of course, but hey it sounds more immersive fthis year with more an imations than ever for sure.

It’s a shame the PC crowd doesn’t get the same treatment here but from the marketing point of view, it’s quite obvious that EA wants to push the technology primarily at PS5 and Series S/X owners, which I am not sure how much it is down south, but FIFA 22 will cost me $90 for the series X alone.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

FIFA 22 should be $60 in the US but you should get a 10% discount regardless if you have GPU. I play so little of FIFA these days that the 10 hr trial should last me till it arrives on GPU next year. Was there a rumor that EA Sports games would be Day 1 releases for GPU subscribers?