Monster Jam Steel Titans 2

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Monster Jam Steel Titans 2

Post by Teal »

I loved the original Steel Titans. The developers seemed to take the criticism of the previous entries to heart, and created a game with fun but grounded physics, and really stepped up their game. My biggest knock was the open world. Much like every other Rainbow Studios game, the environments were rather bare with not much to do.

Enter Steel Titans 2.

For starters, the physics have been tweaked, and feel even better. Attention has been paid to the structure of the arena events. Of note are the timed destruction events. There are a ton more things to destroy, and it's easier, and more fun, to chain combos with so much to destroy. All the arena events are improved, but destruction seems to have gotten the best treatment.

Then there's the open world. Holy Lord, what an upgrade. Now, rather than one big world, there are five very distinct worlds, each opening as you win events, and each are themed. The first is much like the world in the last game, but far more populated with things to do. There is one segment that is dedicated to the Monster Mutt trucks. Each truck has a dog house in the world themed to that truck, that opens only for that truck and does...something. The Rottweiler MM, for instance, has a large box of dog treats that turns into a ramp and throws dog treats into the world as you rocket over the ramp. Every truck has a themed area like this in some way.

I have only opened one other area other than the first, but it is just as interesting.

Then there's online play. Finally. There are races, arena events, and world exploration. In the latter, multiple trucks can just goof off, get into impromptu races, etc.

Then there are hidden trucks. I've found one. They're called "strange animals". The one I found is an octopus truck. You find a sign in the world that is a map to the "treasure", then you must find that area, and the X that appears when you are close.

There's just SO much to do, and this entry is SO much better than the first, that it's a steal at 40 bucks.

If you enjoyed the last one, this should be a no brainer.
Last edited by Teal on Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Monster Jam Steel Titans 2

Post by Dave »

I logged in hoping to see your thoughts on the game since you were such a fan of the first one. Looks like one I'll want to grab for me and my kid.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Dave wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:59 am
I logged in hoping to see your thoughts on the game since you were such a fan of the first one. Looks like one I'll want to grab for me and my kid.
Dave, your kid will love the new free roam environments. Hell, I love em. Love the progression system, the new trucks, the amped crowd noise. I'm telling you, any fan of the last offering will love this one.

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

Dave wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:59 am
As I write this, it strikes me that if the teenaged me who registered for this board could see what I'd become, he'd be in for a bloody big surprise.

I'm looking for a game I could play with my 5 year old daughter, or at least one she'd enjoy watching and occasionally thrashing around in. I love her but I cannot stomach having to complete Paw Patrol: We're On A Roll with her again. Or with anyone else, come to that.

It struck me that a game based around Blaze & The Monster Machines would be ideal for us both but, to my genuine surprise, there isn't one. I don't need realism's last stand, but something with a rewarding handling model for Dad and some big old spaces for Daisy to thrash a monster truck around in would be ideal. Is this where I should be looking, lads?
XBox Live and PSN Gamertag: theycallhimsim

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

In my opinion, in a word?

Yes.