MLB The Show 21

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB The Show 21

Post by Lancer »

Does anyone have a XB Series S? I am considering it now just to buy MLB THE SHOW on next gen. I can't find PS5or XB Series X available anywhere. But seems the S is at costco and a few other places.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

IGN’s take on the Game Pass move.

XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Figured I would throw this up here for those interested. This is just a little beginners primer for those of you getting the game for the first time.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:20 am
sportdan30 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:14 am
Wow...MLB the Show coming to Xbox Game Pass on day one.
Sh*t - now I gotta get a refund for my pre-order. I'll wait a week to save 80 bucks!
Yep. I had it pre-ordered. Still not sure I'll play it more than SMB3, which I just started a franchise in. But I'm kind of excited for a MLB with an Xbox controller.

I wonder if this just makes it easier for Microsoft and Sony to cooperate here. I assume it was MLB that needed the game on Xbox. I still believe that Sony was forced to do this or give up the license to EA. Now MLB publishes this game, so that kind of cleans up the financials. Using Game Pass means MLB and Xbox can come to an agreement, and stay out of whatever Sony does to market their game.

I wonder how long Sony knew this was going to be the case?
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Zlax45 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:54 pm
I preordered this today! Looking forward to it!
Cancelled my preorder too....even if they take it down after a month (which they won't), there will likely be a deal on The Show by mid-summer.
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Zlax45 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:28 am
Zlax45 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:54 pm
I preordered this today! Looking forward to it!
Cancelled my preorder too....even if they take it down after a month (which they won't), there will likely be a deal on The Show by mid-summer.
GamePass also almost always offers deals on games leaving the service as an incentive to buy.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Next Gen Feature presentation streamed today. Deep Dive into Stadium Creator. Looks incredible

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

jLp_VaKer0
Mario Mendoza

Post by jLp_VaKer0 »

Lancer wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:24 pm
Does anyone have a XB Series S? I am considering it now just to buy MLB THE SHOW on next gen. I can't find PS5or XB Series X available anywhere. But seems the S is at costco and a few other places.
I almost pulled the trigger today when it was available at Walmart but decided not to.

Specially with a new 75” tv, I’m guessing the downgraded to 1440p from 4k will noticeable.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

jLp_VaKer0 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:49 am
Lancer wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:24 pm
I almost pulled the trigger today when it was available at Walmart but decided not to.

Specially with a new 75” tv, I’m guessing the downgraded to 1440p from 4k will noticeable.
I wouldn’t settle for the S if you really want the X. They will be available eventually...and probably sooner than later. My advice would be to buy the Deluxe version of The Show 21. It comes with (I believe) the current gen version of the game AND the next gen version. You would be spending like $20 more than the $59 standard version but you would be guaranteed to have the next gen version when you do get a Series X.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I haven't been this stoked for a baseball game to be released since High Heat 2004. And I'm not a baseball guy at all!

Can't wait to dig into The Show 21.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:01 pm
I haven't been this stoked for a baseball game to be released since High Heat 2004. And I'm not a baseball guy at all!

Can't wait to dig into The Show 21.
I gave up on baseball a while ago but I am interested in revisiting this game now.

The price is right....Cant ever go wrong with a free game.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

MLB The Show 21 Is Now Available To Preload With Xbox Game Pass
You're looking at a download size of just over 70GB on Xbox Series X, and 45GB on Xbox Series S and Xbox One consoles
https://www.purexbox.com/news/2021/04/m ... _game_pass
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

It's been a long time since I played a console baseball game so I'm a bit stoked for next week as well.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Last Feature Premiere for MLB The Show 21 prior to early release tonight at midnight. Diamond Dynasty.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Some serious upgrades to Diamond Dynasty.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25 wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:32 pm
Conquest was my go to mode in DD. But ‘Showdown’ seems very intriguing, more difficult but the rewards better. The players cards are pretty much a page out of FUT in the FIFA series.

From prospects to Legends, it’ll be a grind to achieve those better cards. At least you don’t need to play all 9 innings in some of those challenges.

Enjoy the early release, post some footage.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:06 pm
Diablo25 wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:32 pm
Conquest was my go to mode in DD. But ‘Showdown’ seems very intriguing, more difficult but the rewards better. The players cards are pretty much a page out of FUT in the FIFA series.

From prospects to Legends, it’ll be a grind to achieve those better cards. At least you don’t need to play all 9 innings in some of those challenges.

Enjoy the early release, post some footage.
Definitely.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

(Xbox guy) just reading about Conquest mode. Wuh??? Seriously, I had no idea. Is it fun?
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Well, decided I'd just keep my pre-order and what can I say, it's The Show on Next Gen. I always had problems running 4K on my PS4 Pro without multiple stadiums framerates suffering - so playing in 4K at 60fps (or so it seems) is an absolute joy. Perfectly smooth, fantastic animations and graphics...the usual...only this time on the Xbox Series X! It really is a huge difference in terms of gameplay when it's perfectly smooth and not stuttering all over the place (hitting and pulse pitching, my preference, especially). Even in performance mode last gen, it was a slideshow sometimes. Anyway, that's been fixed and it's just standard year to year improvements. Some new animations, batting stances, celebrations (mix it up and selfies in Atlanta, um, hell yeah!) and other signature stuff (Acuna's home run hand praise to god, whatever he does at home plate included). It's really amazing how much stuff they pack in and I've only seen a few of them in the couple games I played.

All in all, I'm glad I don't have to go find a PS5 now...perfectly content on the Series X now.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Went ahead and upgraded my purchase to the digital deluxe so I could start my franchise last night on day one. Had a $75 gift card from my birthday so the extra $15 was not a big deal.

As Scott said, the frame rates are buttery smooth now. No more glaring slow downs which is very nice.

Visually, it looks great. Grass and dirt look realistic. Structures around the ball park look awesome. Jerseys and skin tone still are sub par imo, but the lighting helps. Most faces look great, but the hair is still very meh. Crowds are just a bit better than last year, which I think they look pretty darn good.

I played all of one game. I didn't experiment yet with the new pitching interface. I started out on meter and was not allowing any walks or really any control issues. Switched over to Classic which immediately felt much more realistic. Gave up a couple walks with Flaherty on the mound.

The commentary is quite long in the tooth, however if you're new to the Show, you'll probably be quite content. Matt Vasgersian does a decent job with the play by play, but between Matt and the color commentary, it just doesn't flow all that well. It's just a pet peeve of mine after playing the NBA 2K series for so long.

Rosters are obviously are not necessarily up to par. Some strange additions to the Cardinals bench that I immediately fixed. Lineups are out of order as well, at least according to me. Those are are easily fixed as well.

Very much looking forward to playing all weekend.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I already preloaded this f*cker on my OG Xbox One from the GamePass app. I've never done this with any other game -- and a baseball game, no less!

Icicles are forming in hell. :)

Can't wait to play this!

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Holy crap this game is great. I seriously can’t believe how good it is. The player animations are so smooth and varied. Anyway, good stuff. A couple questions from a first timer:

1. For franchise games, it asks me to choose the weather before each game. Is there way to have it be random? Seems I odd I get to pick each day.

2. For Diamond Destiny, do most of you just play games vs the cpu? It seems to nudge you to playing other online, but am I missing something if I don’t?

I love the analog pitching. Im doing the cursor for batting. Analog batting seems too simple in its description. Is it? I like the challenge of getting the cursor in the general area of the pitch.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Greg, the franchise games weather is random each day, you just can just change it if you want.

I don’t play DD.

As for your controls make sure you have dynamic difficulty enabled with whatever scheme you choose. It really keeps the game realistic in terms of the stats you will accumulate.

Welcome to the wonderful world of the Show.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Isn't Dynamic Difficulty like "rubberband AI"? I typically turn that off in any games I play. Do most people play with it on?

Also, is this a bug? I had runners on 1st and 3rd, I hit the batter & the game suddenly ended.
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21A ... ot&o=OneUp

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

greggsand wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:19 pm
Isn't Dynamic Difficulty like "rubberband AI"? I typically turn that off in any games I play. Do most people play with it on?

Also, is this a bug? I had runners on 1st and 3rd, I hit the batter & the game suddenly ended.
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21A ... ot&o=OneUp
It basically learns the tendencies you’re accustomed to hit and pitch as you play along.

In terms of glitches, not many people mention it but in my experience with the franchise, I remember San Diego studios would have quite a few during the first month of the release. Some would leave your head scratching for sure, but they are quite good at fixing them promptly.