Cyberpunk 2077

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by 10spro »

By turning off HDR10, I find the game looks better.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Crashed twice on me playing the XBox version and had a few other hiccups but was pretty solid. Got through the intro and it is a grind but the cut scenes are so long....
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:06 am
I’m with you 10s...the game is kind of annoying so far. I see the appeal but it’s just not really my cup of tea after a few hours. I’ll keep pushing through.

And keep in mind, even with the series X you’re still playing an Xbox One game. It hasn’t been optimized yet on next gen consoles. TBD in 2021. The PC version looks vastly superior. I really should have went that way if I want it to look it’s best. Oh well. Might just shelve it till the optimization patch is released.
Yeah, this is one game I'm just going to wait until it's patched for NG.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

This game has been pulled from the Sony store due to the number of issues and people unable to play it.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:42 am
This game has been pulled from the Sony store due to the number of issues and people unable to play it.
Interesting to see how this shakes out because Sony tends to be a dick when it comes to refunds. There are already media reports that Sony has refused gamers a refund even though the developer told them to reach out to Microsoft and Sony for a refund.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Interesting that they also pulled the PS5 version because its the PS4 and XBOX One that are inexcusable disasters.

I have played over far past 20 hours on the Series X and while I have seen a couple of wonky things its completely playable and for an RPG gamer one very sweet experience. Just an addictive blast.

One good no great actual game reason to upgrade your systems.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Rodster wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:51 am
Interesting to see how this shakes out because Sony tends to be a dick when it comes to refunds. There are already media reports that Sony has refused gamers a refund even though the developer told them to reach out to Microsoft and Sony for a refund.
The developer telling their fans to reach out to Microsoft, Sony, and other retailers for a refund was them essentially putting a bag of flaming sh*t on their respective doorsteps. CDPR apparently didn't clear anything with anyone before putting out that message.

Sony is issuing refunds for it now, which is why they pulled it from the store. Oh to be a fly on the wall for the conversations happening between the two companies.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Dave wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:15 am

The developer telling their fans to reach out to Microsoft, Sony, and other retailers for a refund was them essentially putting a bag of flaming sh*t on their respective doorsteps. CDPR apparently didn't clear anything with anyone before putting out that message.

Pretty f***ed up. Embarrassing.

They knew they were dumping that s*** out there on the market and did it anyway. They knew and did it anyway. Did it anyway!

CD Project Red you are in the big leagues now. Just another piece of s*** garbage company. No different than EA or Bethesda and in this case maybe even worse.

It is shameful.

It is a shame.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

For the most part my experience has been ok except for some wonky issues on the PC, the biggest of which is the annoying sound issue.

However the other day the game just stopped working. I could play 5 minutes and it would crash. After searching online I found out I wasn't alone and the only fix was to reinstall the game.

If a big name company put this game out in this condition they would be getting trounced but CDPR has a shitload of apologists but the pull from the store has to tarnish their image a little.
Follow Me on:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Danimal wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:56 am

If a big name company put this game out in this condition they would be getting trounced but CDPR has a shitload of apologists but the pull from the store has to tarnish their image a little.
Apologists for gaming companies are not good for gamers or for future games. Behavior like that can never be excused and should always be punished.

They are paying a heavy price for their actions on the stock market. As much as a 22% drop. Good. VERY good.
https://markets.businessinsider.com/new ... 1029905614

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Yeah it's been running fine on my Series X...only have about 10 hours into it. Before the patch, it would freeze occasionally but it would always resume. No freezing since the first patch, so that's good. It looks good, plays fast...don't really have any complaints.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:56 am
Actually I read an article and it may have been on Gamespot.com that basically said CDPR is following the same path as Bioware where it was once a top developer and then just started putting out sh*t/buggy unfinished games. I think the big problem here is the game was ambitious and not finished and they were pressured to release it. So yeah maybe another one of these games and they can share the same office space with Bioware.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

This game is definitely unplayable on Gen8 systems, but it's been running just fine on my XSX. CDPR knows this game ran like garbage on the PS4s and Xbox Ones but they got pressure from their shareholders to release it after countless delays. But that wasn't the main reason Sony pulled the game. Apparently there is some China mockery in the game and China put alot of pressure on Sony to pull it from their store, which in turn made it easy to refund those that purchased it digitally.

Personally, I have enjoyed what I have played of this game and plan to spend more time with it next week. But you really do need to play it on a PC, PS5, or Xbox Series X/S. At this point, CDPR should just admit they can't get it running properly on last gen consoles and look toward the future.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

AcemanPR wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:55 pm
This game is definitely unplayable on Gen8 systems, but it's been running just fine on my XSX. CDPR knows this game ran like garbage on the PS4s and Xbox Ones but they got pressure from their shareholders to release it after countless delays. But that wasn't the main reason Sony pulled the game. Apparently there is some China mockery in the game and China put alot of pressure on Sony to pull it from their store, which in turn made it easy to refund those that purchased it digitally.

Personally, I have enjoyed what I have played of this game and plan to spend more time with it next week. But you really do need to play it on a PC, PS5, or Xbox Series X/S. At this point, CDPR should just admit they can't get it running properly on last gen consoles and look toward the future.
I been playing on the Xbox One X and have had three hard crashes (didn't lost any progress) and a couple of hiccups but it was playable for me. My main issue with this game is the story is brutally bad. It does not interest me at all and I am at the point of "no return" according to the game.

Also, the grotesque nudity, swearing, etc. just seems out of place as I feel they put those in there because they could and don't really bring anything to the table.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

I have never really understood the abundance of profanity in games. You can have the same effect without profanity in game, it's easy to do. I don't know if developers think it makes their games more cool, realistic, or what. Any time I here constant profanity in game, I just think "why?". I get it, there is a rating on the box and all that. Just seems like an easy thing to pass on when making a game you know kids will be playing.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

As anyone who has gamed with me on XBL can attest, I'm all for as much profanity as possible. :lol:
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Oh, I'm sure I would be right there with you. It doesn't bother me at all. But I will say when I am playing a single player game with loads of profanity, I can't help but think how many kids have listened to this when it really wasn't needed. I guess it's the times we live in. There are far worse things they could be doing or hearing besides listening to some f-bombs on Call of Duty.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Zlax45 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:28 pm
Also, the grotesque nudity, swearing, etc. just seems out of place as I feel they put those in there because they could and don't really bring anything to the table.
The universe is based on an IP that was used for a table top role playing game (I think) and novels so it kind of fits in with the universe but I agree on the story part and would go so far as to say the main story isn't even as well written as the Bloody Baron side quest in Witcher 3.
Follow Me on:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Danimal wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:35 pm
Zlax45 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:28 pm
The universe is based on an IP that was used for a table top role playing game (I think) and novels so it kind of fits in with the universe but I agree on the story part and would go so far as to say the main story isn't even as well written as the Bloody Baron side quest in Witcher 3.
Yes, the profanity does fit in and for anyone offended by the over abundance of dildos, they are going to get patched as it appears they werent supposed to be as plentiful as they are.

Could not disagree more on the story. So far I find it and the many varied side quests to be very well done.

As for the Bloody Barron... It is one of the best written quests in gaming history so its not very difficult to be not as good.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

JOZ wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:55 pm
Oh, I'm sure I would be right there with you. It doesn't bother me at all. But I will say when I am playing a single player game with loads of profanity, I can't help but think how many kids have listened to this when it really wasn't needed. I guess it's the times we live in. There are far worse things they could be doing or hearing besides listening to some f-bombs on Call of Duty.
Yea, they dropped a "C U Next Tuesday" and I was like do we really need that?

I just thought the amount of sex and language is unnecessary!

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

I haven’t played the game, and I doubt I will, but this launch has to be the most disastrous ever. CDPR made such a big deal about not doing “crunch time” only to go back on their word to reach an unrealistic deadline, and still release a buggy mess. Form what I’ve been reading, it’s the board / investors that have been demanding the release of the game despite it clearly not being ready. They probably set up a bunch of marketing tie-ins that they couldn’t go back on. They are now beginning to reap what they sowed, with CDPR’s stock apparently plummeting since the game’s launch. Not to mention they seem to have bred some major bad blood among their development staff. Such a mess.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Just finished the game and I would give it a 7.0 and not worth purchasing at full price.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:31 pm
Yeah it's been running fine on my Series X...only have about 10 hours into it. Before the patch, it would freeze occasionally but it would always resume. No freezing since the first patch, so that's good. It looks good, plays fast...don't really have any complaints.
Good to hear, I got it for Christmas from my brother and sister so I'm loading it up tonight just to check it out. Did you play on performance or quality mode?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

MizzouRah wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:38 pm
Good to hear, I got it for Christmas from my brother and sister so I'm loading it up tonight just to check it out. Did you play on performance or quality mode?
Quality. That said, I can go back and forth and can't REALLY tell the difference. So yeah...mileage may vary.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:53 pm

Quality. That said, I can go back and forth and can't REALLY tell the difference. So yeah...mileage may vary.
Thanks, I'll try them both as well.