PGA TOUR 2K21 (PC Specific Discussion)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

DoGgs
Mario Mendoza

Re: PGA TOUR 2K21 (PC Specific Discussion)

Post by DoGgs »

Yeah i played a few master rounds -5 my best so far, but that can easily be +5 as there appears to be so much randomness in the swing. Good job at chambers btw, done me by 1 stroke, i failed to take advantage in that final round when conditions were good.

Regarding the 360, i played the first round beer league then asked Doyley at TGCT to check my swing in the api, if you play it you may want to do the same. My swing came back totally fine so i'm good to go if want to, not sure i'm gonna play anyway yet.

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Post by Greensboronclion »

Hell of a battle you two had at the top and was watching the scoreboard my whole final round and we'll done by both of you. I shot shot 74 the final round and quite pleased with it and just trying to get better but not at that level you guys are at. Surprised we only had three of us playing that event as it was a great venue and very difficult course.

broomer
Mario Mendoza

Post by broomer »

I love playing any courses (RCR or Designer Original) that are interesting to strategically navigate and are visually well presented

theclv24's Chambers Bay ticks both those check boxes for me --- so much fun

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Greensboronclion wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:35 pm
Hell of a battle you two had at the top and was watching the scoreboard my whole final round and we'll done by both of you. I shot shot 74 the final round and quite pleased with it and just trying to get better but not at that level you guys are at. Surprised we only had three of us playing that event as it was a great venue and very difficult course.
I hate I missed finishing both it and the XBox One tournament. I had some things come up on my by surprise Saturday and Sunday and didn't have enough time to complete either one. I got home last night at 7:30 PM, thinking I had time to complete my "final" round of the XBox One Society tournament. I finished my round and I was in 4th place at -1. When I hit "Advance" to take me back to the Society home screen, or so I thought, only be placed on the 1st tee for "Round 4".... I thought I had just played round 4. I only had 4 minutes left so I knew I was toast.

I've got to start playing more of the multi-round tournaments on Thursday and Friday, especially now that football season is here.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I honestly still get a handle on this time thing while setting up the weekend events. Why on earth isn't it based on my time zone.

I basically want them to run from Thursday morning to Sunday but apparently selecting those dates doesn't do that.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:56 pm
I honestly still get a handle on this time thing while setting up the weekend events. Why on earth isn't it based on my time zone.

I basically want them to run from Thursday morning to Sunday but apparently selecting those dates doesn't do that.
I know it certainly worked better for me when the next event start was set at 4:00 AM EST. I'm not sure why they felt the need to change it to 8:00 PM. It's hard to make yourself set the start date for a tournament for 9/22/2020, while having to keep in mind that it's really going to start four hours before midnight today :?

BTW, I had a chance to tie your 18 hole score in today's (the 21st). I had a 7 foot birdie putt on the last hole that had a mild left to right break in it. I choked on it, trying to avoid my normal tendency to push left to right putts, and I "fast-forestroked" it, resulting in a serious pull and missed the putt a good 6" left of the cup. I had to make an 8 footer coming back to save par! I like a golf game that makes you commit real life mistakes like that though! 8)

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

In was -3 and putting for birdie and four putt for double pulling a Lee. :lol: I then birdied the last two holes to finish -3. The putting still can creep it's ugly head for me but my discovery of slight left pressure has really helped a lot.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I made a game changing discovery today, on the PC version at least. I've been missing so many fairways and greens due partly to my tendency to go 7 o-clock to 1 o-clock on the swing plane. I moved my thumb about a quarter of an inch to the right as to where I rest it on the thumb pad. It feels like my thumb is now more over the right half of the thumbstick than the center. It also feels a bit awkward.

I made myself play a round like this and much to my surprise, I was actually pretty well painting the vertical swing plane axis for most of the round. The unanticipated benefit was that I also found I was maintaining more consistent swing tempos. I have to force myself to place my thumb where I'm placing it on the thumbstick now because it still feels awkward, yet continues to produce far more consistent results 8O

In my third round using this new technique, I shot a 65, in Pro Swing Difficulty in the official 2K21 tournament at Ravenswood!? I couldn't believe it, but that little 1/4" move of the thumb has radically changed the way I play the game :o I just hope I can get to the point where it feels natural to place my thumb where I'm placing it.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

So funny you posted that because up until my last 5 rounds I was hitting it dead straight all day on Pro but the last 5 rounds I have been hook city.
Follow Me on:

DoGgs
Mario Mendoza

Post by DoGgs »

Playing the tour pro swing over at perfect golf i learned so many little things to try and master that brutal swing, from slight thumb adjustments to the angle i'm holding the pad. Luckily this translates well into 2K, i can pretty much hold court at legendary, apart from the tempo of course, that's just RNG :D

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

in the weekend tourney I went -5, +5, -6, +2

My bad rounds were all because of one hole, you will know which once when you see it because you're basically hitting over a canyon. Course is scoreable if you don't take big risks and I like to take big risks.
Follow Me on:

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

When you have five doubles you shoot 80 like I did in round 1. Was playing half decent till that round but it was just a nightmare today and had two way miss going. Recovered in the TGCC Beer league to shoot even and figured out what I was doing wrong but once you start a round and it's going bad it's hard to fix on the course but hey that's good. Will spend next three rounds working to get back to even par :lol:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:03 am
in the weekend tourney I went -5, +5, -6, +2

My bad rounds were all because of one hole, you will know which once when you see it because you're basically hitting over a canyon. Course is scoreable if you don't take big risks and I like to take big risks.
You're speaking of the infernal 10th hole... you beat me by 2 shots on that hole, as I posted a "10" there! Two balls hooked into the water off the tee, and to add insult to injury, I 4-putted the green once I finally got there!. I had a case of the fast tempo hooks in the second round. I had just played a round on the XBox One X at Copperhead, and was having to get really quick with the downswing to get normal tempo... that sets you up for a lot of fasts, when you carry it to the PC, or at least a good gaming PC. I've gone 61 and 76 in the first two rounds :?

DoGgs
Mario Mendoza

Post by DoGgs »

Well i played first event of beer league and finished 7th, pretty good until i noticed i had not specified it as my chosen league...DOH!! i don't think i will play on after current event anyway, 4 rounds is too much for me at any course.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

DoGgs wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:03 am
Well i played first event of beer league and finished 7th, pretty good until i noticed i had not specified it as my chosen league...DOH!! i don't think i will play on after current event anyway, 4 rounds is too much for me at any course.
I almost had a go at that, but I'm not sure I want to take on another Society right now. I may dip my feet in it out of curiosity since it is cross-platform. You finished 7th!? That's impressive when you figure you were probably going against 1,000+, I'd imagine?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I missed an 11 foot putt on the last hole of this past weekend's tournament that would have tied me with Dan for second place. I played it for a wee bit of left to right break and it went straight, and stopped, hanging over the hole. I wanted to go cast my shadow over it to see if the grass would shrivel enough to let the ball drop! :lol:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

So you guys prefer not to have 4 round events on the weekend and would prefer 2 or 3 rounders over 4 days is what I am hearing? Please let me know so I can change the weekend events. Not like we have many playing anyway.
Follow Me on:

broomer
Mario Mendoza

Post by broomer »

Danimal wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:21 am
So you guys prefer not to have 4 round events on the weekend and would prefer 2 or 3 rounders over 4 days is what I am hearing? Please let me know so I can change the weekend events. Not like we have many playing anyway.
I prefer 2 round events (unless a "Major"-type event is scheduled)

however, I also appreciate the work + effort it takes by Society Admins (SA) to keep an ongoing schedule fresh & active for others to play --- as such, I defer to SA's decision(s) as to the # of rounds per event

I love playing gems like Shackleford Banks that SA's like yourself have found that I prolly would otherwise have missed seeing, so kudos 2U

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

broomer wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:01 pm
Danimal wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:21 am
I prefer 2 round events (unless a "Major"-type event is scheduled)

however, I also appreciate the work + effort it takes by Society Admins (SA) to keep an ongoing schedule fresh & active for others to play --- as such, I defer to SA's decision(s) as to the # of rounds per event

I love playing gems like Shackleford Banks that SA's like yourself have found that I prolly would otherwise have missed seeing, so kudos 2U
I didn't get to play the last two events due to my gaming PC refusing to get past the bios splash screen, so I missed Shackleford Banks. I played a few holes of it in local play mode and I was sold on it after two holes.

I've got my PC back in operation now... sort of. Yesterday morning my PC started blacking the screen out about every 7 or 8 seconds, stay dark for 3 or 4 seconds, then come back on. I updated my nvidia drivers (I've got a Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB) and it got worse in a hurry. After two more reboots, it wouldn't get past the bios splash screen before it would quit. I went on a troubleshooting easter egg hunt that lasted a day and half. In desperation I hooked my PC up to the 32" 1080 HDTV that I use for TV viewing while I'm gaming. Lo and behold, the PC booted up just fine with it. I was then able to move the HDMI cable for the TV to my 55" HDTV to which it's normally connected... and it displayed and carried on just fine - no screen blackouts.

I then tried to restart my PC with it hooked up just like it was after switching the HDMI cable... wouldn't get past the bios splash screen. I hooked it back up to the 32" HDTV, and it was able to boot again!? I'm now working back on the 55" 4K TCL Series 6 display, after moving the HDMI cable back over to it.

I can't even explain how I got to the point where I swapped things around to arrive at this conclusion. Two different graphics cards yielded the same results. I can boot the PC up to the login screen if I just leave the HDMI cable disconnected. When I see the busy light has quit after bootup, I plug the cable back into the TCL and I can go from there. This is one of the most bizarre occurrences I've ever encountered in the gaming & display world! I've searched the internet for possible causes for this, but I'm coming up with nothing so far. Any of you guys have a clue on this?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Taken from the general 2K21 thread:
Greensboronclion wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:32 pm
By the way some really good events we have had lately and there might only be 3 or 4 of us playing the PC events but they have been fun. Today I was 4 under on 12 and looking to make a move and bang one mistake and a double ended that due to a very slow swing. Lol.
There have been more high quality courses released in the last two weeks than we can book for even an 18 hole event! It's a good problem to have :) I was playing against your and Broomer's ghosts today and I thought I had played myself out of it with a 4-putt and 3-putt, back-to-back early stretch, but I hung in there when you stubbed your toe. I came in one stroke better than you, but Broomer left us in his dust! That son of a gun can putt!

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

J_Cauthen wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:12 pm
Taken from the general 2K21 thread:
Greensboronclion wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:32 pm
By the way some really good events we have had lately and there might only be 3 or 4 of us playing the PC events but they have been fun. Today I was 4 under on 12 and looking to make a move and bang one mistake and a double ended that due to a very slow swing. Lol.
There have been more high quality courses released in the last two weeks than we can book for even an 18 hole event! It's a good problem to have :) I was playing against your and Broomer's ghosts today and I thought I had played myself out of it with a 4-putt and 3-putt, back-to-back early stretch, but I hung in there when you stubbed your toe. I came in one stroke better than you, but Broomer left us in his dust! That son of a gun can putt!

That Double is still eating at me. Lol. Yes Broomer is tough to beat and his two eagles did both of us in.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Sorry guys I have been really busy and also distracted with Baldurs Gate 3 so I forgot to change this weekend event from 4 rounds.

Going forward weekend events will be 2 rounders from Friday - Sunday night. I know there are only 4 of us but I'll keep doing the weekend stuff while there is interest.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Anyone know where all the saved replays are being stored? Is it possible to use them outside of the game to make a compilation video?
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:20 pm
Anyone know where all the saved replays are being stored? Is it possible to use them outside of the game to make a compilation video?
I've looked but I can't find them.

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Talk about a comeback from the depths of hell today we'll here is on. I finish the 9th and am -1 and Danimal is -3 and John -2. Do I am on the 10th and two and hit my first putt 5 ft past the hole and my next one trickled buy the hole and ended up at the bottom of the green and repeated that again on the way to a 7 putt to take a 9 on the hole and am now 4 over. I almost quit but said let's try to get something back and low in behold an and three birdies later I finished at -1 so I am still alive. Guys that happened on ten with soft greens and if moderate or firm with that pin it could be a nightmare. Lol.