Madden 21

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Madden 21

Post by sportdan30 »

Right there with you regarding having to create a player when first booting up the game for the first time. I hate all that.

Just played a quick half in Chicago in the snow. Good and bad. The snow with the flakes and the wind itself looks like a cold, blistery winter day. But, the footprints are pretty weak. Some show up and some don't. And when there's a tackle, the snow doesn't separate like it should. Just looks strange, while other aspects of the snow looks really nice.

Matt Nagy looks downright real. Some of these coaches in Madden and FIFA really look phenomenal.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Player movement is much better and I love the interactive sidelines.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Based on Twitch streams it's like 2 to 1 more people playing next gen madden on XsX than PS5. Not sure what that's about but was interesting. Thought it would be the opposite.

Still havent picked up a system but watching which system will be more towards the sports gamer if there is one.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I'm very happy with the next gen version. Just had an fantastic CFM game with my Chargers vs 49ers. I think the next gen stuff is neat and the lighting is definitely improved and game play feels more like an actual NFL game. All around it just plays more like football and has some really cool presentation stuff that just adds to the total experience.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I clearly haven't played the next gen version, it looks incredible but I am reading some really bad stuff about it in terms of game play.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:02 pm
I clearly haven't played the next gen version, it looks incredible but I am reading some really bad stuff about it in terms of game play.
I need to play more games but so far I haven't seen anything bad with regard to game play, it plays better than last gen imho. I only trust about 5 people over at OS and they have been enjoying it as well.

I'm interested to hear more from the DSP crowd.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I know that I am in the minority here, but the #1 thing that makes me happy has to do with the Online H2H Compare Stats, History, & Scouting being fixed on next gen. It's been broken for the last several years on Xbox One / PS4. Not sure if it was fixed this year on those platforms, but Online H2H is really the only way I play the game anymore.

The one plus that I can say for MUT is that I think it's pulled a lot of the cheese away from H2H, so most of my games have been pretty sim with no one appearing to be using meta teams. I've got 9 games online with a 4-5 record with the terrible Broncos and haven't seen the same team twice. It's been a breath of fresh air.
GT = Wilk5280

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

That's interesting to hear. Because my take in past years was the opposite. As MUT exploded, H2H got worse and worse.

But I will say that in the last two years that I also stopped playing as much MUT online but I didn't go back to H2H, because that place was always awful. For me, every sports game should copy SMB3's Pennant Race ladder mode of online H2H play. Great match-ups constantly.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Have played 2 games in my franchise and so far it’s been great. No complaints. Much happier with Madden than I am with FIFA 21.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

So then are the videos online that you can't trigger a tackle animation when the ball carrier is running diagonal not true?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Next gen Madden has been great. However, I had my first head scratcher a couple weeks ago when Tampa Bay drove down the field on my Chiefs with little time on the clock, score tied, and in the red zone. They let the time run out without attempting a field goal, in which I proceeded to win the game in overtime.

Besides that, Kaepernick has defeated me twice as QB of the Broncos. He's seriously been the best quarterback I have faced in my franchise.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Yeah it still has those moments Dan, I don't see them much but I have at times. I've had to make some huge slider adjustments because zone pass coverage was horrible and Qb's were just throwing bombs to wide open receivers. Tua had almost 400 yards passing on me at halftime in one game. There is a patch coming this week so hopefully they fixed it.

Will be interesting to see what they do for M22 next gen after a full development cycle.

As far as Kap, I edit him to a punter since he's not playing in the NFL.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

You're not the same MizzouRah who has the slider set over at OperationSports, are you?

Not sure if that's a common nickname or not.

I've been using that slider set recently and have had some pretty amazing games on the series X version.

**Edit** Considering it's the same username and the same city/state, I'm guessing that's a yes.

I have really enjoyed the next gen sliders, but saw some of the same things you mentioned in the thread. If I pressure a CPU QB, I can get erratic throws (and the lower PBK on both sides made that a thing), and I've had really good games. Only thing I can't seem to figure out is how to get off of blocks on All-Madden vs. All-Pro. I play the LBs exclusively, and if an OL comes anywhere near me, even if I'm attacking my run fit, I'm basically taken out of the play. If I can track along the line on a stretch or something, I can blow plays up, but it's a worthy tradeoff to have CPU RBs gaining 80 to 100 yards on me consistently instead of 1ypc on 12 carries in a game.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

TCrouch wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:57 pm
You're not the same MizzouRah who has the slider set over at OperationSports, are you?

I've been using that slider set recently and have had some pretty amazing games on the series X version.

**Edit** Considering it's the same username and the same city/state, I'm guessing that's a yes.

I have really enjoyed the next gen sliders, but saw some of the same things you mentioned in the thread. If I pressure a CPU QB, I can get erratic throws (and the lower PBK on both sides made that a thing), and I've had really good games. Only thing I can't seem to figure out is how to get off of blocks on All-Madden vs. All-Pro. I play the LBs exclusively, and if an OL comes anywhere near me, even if I'm attacking my run fit, I'm basically taken out of the play. If I can track along the line on a stretch or something, I can blow plays up, but it's a worthy tradeoff to have CPU RBs gaining 80 to 100 yards on me consistently instead of 1ypc on 12 carries in a game.
Yes that's me. :)

I play a LB as well and see some of the same things you're seeing, sometimes a flick of RS will blow up the block but it's tough to pull off, to the left and right on the RS is a swim move but I'm only successful if I try it with a DE. I have been using a 46 defense more in most obvious run situations which has helped me to stop the up the middle runs. (with CPU RBK on 35 it seems to be much more realistic though)

Like you said though, I'm at least seeing normal ypc stats now unless it's someone like Zeke, Kamara, McCaffrey, etc.. (like it should be for those players I have to commit to stopping the run and take my lumps on passes)

Glad you're enjoying them, I never know if anyone tries them out and it's nice to hear you're having similar results. I'm making a few changes with respect to pass coverage and hope to get a CFM game in tonight.
Last edited by MizzouRah on Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

deleted
Last edited by MizzouRah on Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

deleted double post

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

MizzouRah wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:02 pm
TCrouch wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:57 pm

Yes that's me. :)

I play a LB as well and see some of the same things you're seeing, sometimes a flick of RS will blow up the block but it's tough to pull off, to the left and right on the RS is a swim move but I'm only successful if I try it with a DE. I have been using a 46 defense more in most obvious run situations which has helped me to stop the up the middle runs. (with CPU RBK on 35 it seems to be much more realistic though)

Like you said though, I'm at least seeing normal ypc stats now unless it's someone like Zeke, Kamara, McCaffrey, etc.. (like it should be for those players I have to commit to stopping the run and take my lumps on passes)

Glad you're enjoying them, I never know if anyone tries them out and it's nice to hear you're having similar results. I'm making a few changes with respect to pass coverage and hope to get a CFM game in tonight.
I'll be taking a look at these as well. I've got my own but they need some work.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Played a great game vs the 49ers, won 20-17 but it was a battle.

v1.9 sliders are updated on OS. TCrouch was saying he's having trouble running the ball, so feel free to tweak to suit your play style. I'm averaging close to 5ypc with the trio of Gurley/Smith/Ollison on the Falcons.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

sportdan30 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:44 pm
Next gen Madden has been great.

Besides that, Kaepernick has defeated me twice as QB of the Broncos. He's seriously been the best quarterback I have faced in my franchise.

Sorry but I cant reconcile these two comments.

If that is true about Madden Kap then this game has to be a f***in joke

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Madden 21 is $18 today at Best Buy for the 12 people who either don't have it or can't wait another three weeks for it to drop on EA Play.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Nice patch today too, mainly coverage fixes.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I know I'm in the minority but after the patching, M21 NG has become my favorite console football game. I'm in 2025 with the Falcons and still haven't made it to the Super Bowl yet. I've played this season so far on AM defaults and it's been fantastic.

Really impressed with what they have done and that has me hopeful for M22 after a full development cycle on NG.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

MizzouRah wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:16 pm
I'm in 2025 with the Falcons and still haven't made it to the Super Bowl yet.
Clearly you need your wife cheering you on or it isn’t gonna happen. :lol:

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Haha!!! :)

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Just got a Madden 22 beta XSX code via email.

Downloading now... 69gb... excited to check it out, I'm still playing M21 franchise.