Madden 21

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Madden 21

Post by Zeppo »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:29 pm
Zeppo wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:58 am
Can anyone give a quick tutorial or maybe suggest one somewhere else about the new pass rushing moves or system? I haven’t played much of madden the past couple of years, and in my tiny bit of dabbling with the new one, I’m intrigued but a bit lost with the new pass rush mechanics. Terry’s post was instructive, but I don’t think I quite grasp it.
[youtube]https://youtu.be/BklNSPUtbUA[/youtube]
Thanks, Dan, that really fit the bill. Just so I know I’m getting it right - the orange meter below the OL shows which side he is more protected on, or leaning towards, and I want to go to the empty side, right?

I wish I had more time to really get into this game. So far I have a feeling I’ll really like this year’s edition.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

It looks like Madden is one buggy, glitchy mess this year and with NO competition it's one of those, "take what you can get products". Supposedly it's being addressed, so that's good.

Both these articles say the same thing, it's buggy and glitchy:

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/madden ... ds-forward

https://www.pastapadre.com/2020/08/26/e ... -addressed

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Well even IGN kind of hammered it in their review, which never happens apparently. https://www.ign.com/articles/madden-nfl-21-review

It's currently sitting at a 71 at metacritic, which I think is pretty low. The user metacrtic is well below the Mendoza Line

Not here to bash on EA or the game as that's never been my M.O. Just hoping that after the response to this year's release that EA pays a little more attention and puts more effort and resources into the product. Compare the PS2 versions of the game to current gen and it's quite astonishing how much has really been taken out. The focus has been on MUT, which I get... It's a HUGE revenue source for them. However, I don't think they're going to get by with just focussing primarily on micro-transaction modes any longer. Or at least I hope they don't.
GT = Wilk5280

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Interesting read about how Madden works with NFL coaches to increase realism:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2020/8/28 ... tball-fans
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:24 am
Not here to bash on EA or the game as that's never been my M.O. Just hoping that after the response to this year's release that EA pays a little more attention and puts more effort and resources into the product. Compare the PS2 versions of the game to current gen and it's quite astonishing how much has really been taken out. The focus has been on MUT, which I get... It's a HUGE revenue source for them. However, I don't think they're going to get by with just focussing primarily on micro-transaction modes any longer. Or at least I hope they don't.
Never going to change regardless of how much negative response they get. It sells in droves, the Tourney d***** bags love it and MUT makes a ton of money and the NFL likes that it can dictate whats in the game, remember contract hold outs in 05 version?

I've not read any reviews and I had a fair share of glitches and the one major bug I mentioned but I'm still enjoying just throwing 2 random teams at each other and playing a game.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

post casual Madden question.

Comes back later

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I quickly checked out KO Mode and it (seems) identical to last year. I thought this mode had a bunch of potential, but it still seems “half done”. Disappointing.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Not sure what's going on with Best Buy but my copy just says "delayed". Not that it matters, I'm sure it needs patching. :P

It's always a month or two before I actually start a franchise.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

#NFLdropEA is trending on Twitter. Some of the glitchy videos are hilarious. For me, the game is bland and boring. I'll play my 10 hours and be done with it. Madden definitely needs competition to put out a better product in the future.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Hashtag is funny but NFL has 1.6 billion reasons not to give a s*** and every sports game needs competition.
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:25 pm
Hashtag is funny but NFL has 1.6 billion reasons not to give a s*** and every sports game needs competition.
Dan is 100 percent correct. If anyone thinks that the quality of its officially licensed video game is a priority for the NFL, I have oceanfront property to sell you in South Dakota.

This issue is so far down the NFL's list of problems to tackle -- especially in this season of COVID-19 -- that it's subterranean.

Two words if you think the NFL will drop EA because of a middling, buggy release of Madden 21: DREAM ON.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Played the EA Play Trial of Madden 21. Solid game of football, with some nice improvements.

1. Seems to be more drops by CPU WR's and more picks by my linebackers and secondary.

2. The new defensive line controls aren't overpowered, which is a refreshing change for EA. Usually it overemphasizes new gameplay features to the detriment of realism. Not the case with the new DL controls. I really like the Protection meter for opposing offensive linemen, too. Helps you pick which DL to select on the fly.

3. The X-Factor and Superstar features also aren't overdone. Nice.

No question EA packs a ton of modes into a $60 game with Madden as its flagship American franchise. But sadly, none of those modes interest me that much. And the gameplay additions just don't justify a $60 buy for me, especially when I know I can wait a few months and get this in EA Play's Vault.

No doubt Madden 21 is a solid game of football. Guess I'm just not much of a football gamer anymore. Madden feels stale. I don't know if that's a compliment to EA because it is simply honing a very good game of football with every new edition or a criticism because there really isn't much innovation.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:56 pm
No question EA packs a ton of modes into a $60 game with Madden as its flagship American franchise. But sadly, none of those modes interest me that much. And the gameplay additions just don't justify a $60 buy for me, especially when I know I can wait a few months and get this in EA Play's Vault.
Oh I agree with this 100% but I have Origin Premier for the PC or whatever they call it now so I'm paying $100 a year and get every title, if not I wouldn't of purchased Madden but the deal itself is a no brainer. There are at least 3 games a year I would buy and that is $180 out of pocket so for me its a good deal and I'll easily enjoy SW Squadrons in a month.
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:56 pm
Guess I'm just not much of a football gamer anymore. Madden feels stale. I don't know if that's a compliment to EA because it is simply honing a very good game of football with every new edition or a criticism because there really isn't much innovation.
It's a mind to wallet thingy which you can relate to, having to pay $60 each year for a slightly improved and in some cases a more broken game. So if you are a Sports nut and want your yearly Hockey, NFL, MLB, Futbol, Basketball fix that's $300 every year for HOPEFULLY slightly improved games with HOPEFULLY fewer bugs and newer rosters.

Ironically Kat Bailey just posted an article on this very same subject and she picked Madden as an example. Her line of reasoning is that Madden should adopt a Fortnite model and release a newer and fleshed out product every few years because they make a ton of money on MUT and FUT. NBA2K is even worse as that game is essentially a "Freemium" game hiding in a $60 and $99 yearly release.

Here's her take whether one agrees with her or not. I personally think she makes a good argument for things to change. Let's see how it works for Konami's eFootball PES 2021 Season update.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/madden ... g-time-ago

Here's how she starts off: "Madden NFL 21, one of EA Sports' tentpole franchises, is off to its worst start in more than a decade, scoring an abysmal 63 on Metacritic and drawing fan ire on Twitter. The complaints are familiar: It's too buggy, it's too similar to last year's installment, not enough has been done to fix the franchise mode.

There's been much speculation on what exactly ails Madden, most of it centering on the franchise's lack of competition and the ongoing money spigot that is Madden Ultimate Team. Whatever it is, it's clear that something is amiss at EA. No matter what the dev team does to shake up the experience, the fans remain frustrated."

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

The hardcore Madden boys are the ones that are upset....for me, it's probably a really good game of football. I'm debating on spending the $60 on it but i'm also interest in latest addition of Maximum football 20 coming out at the end of the month. Still haven't decided what I will do but I know that I won't hate Madden if I get it because i'm not a hardcore Madden gamer.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

It definitely looks much better in HDR this year, the lighting is fantastic and not so dark on my TV as it has been the past two years. I've only played a couple of games so far.

I'll shelve it until the next title update and a roster update, but I'm sure I'll get 3-5 full seasons out of it.

Who knows though, I'm still spending most of my free time with NCAA 14.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I'm trying to earn an easy achievement "Move Master". I've got 500 rewards points riding on this. Does anyone know if you earn achievements during the 10 hr trial? I've juked a bunch of defenders and NO achievement. :x

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Running a CFM with the Chargers. I'm currently 3-0 so far on the season, with a surprise win in Week 2 over the Chiefs.

I'm using these sliders:

https://outsidergaming.com/madden-21-sl ... xperience/

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

After going 5-0 with the Chargers, I decided to move up to AM for the first time ever. Running was just too easy even with having the run block on 0 on AP.

Beat the Jets 27-20 and it was a fantastic game.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I've settled in on AM defaults with Pass blocking on 45 for both Hum/Cpu with speed parity on 75. I also use 11M/run off 20S

I'm currently 2-6 with the Chargers. We should be really good next season once Herbert gets better, but he's been brutal so far with spectacular throws at times.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

https://www.amazon.com/Madden-NFL-21-Xb ... B08G99WBP9

Digital version 28 bucks on Amazon right now. Includes the upgrade too obviously.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I'm in 2022 now just having a blast and I'm stoked for Madden next gen. Finally a year where I'm enjoying both EA football and hockey games.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

MizzouRah wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:57 pm
I'm in 2022 now just having a blast and I'm stoked for Madden next gen. Finally a year where I'm enjoying both EA football and hockey games.
Yeah, I'm having fun too. Staying away from the negativity that is OS. That and NHL 21 have both been entertaining.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

sportdan30 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:37 pm

Yeah, I'm having fun too. Staying away from the negativity that is OS. That and NHL 21 have both been entertaining.
AM defaults are actually very competitive for me this year.

OS has some good people but some of the posts by others talking about the sidelines and what not have me shaking my head.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Sorry, but can I just say that I hate when games require you to create an avatar or play through some introductory scenario. I have no interest in that suff... I just want to play exhibition, online H2H, or season/franchise mode. None of the avatar, create a player etc interests me so don't force it on me. [/end rant] :P
GT = Wilk5280