OT: Onewheel - Electric "hover/skate board" - My Latest Obsession...

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

OT: Onewheel - Electric "hover/skate board" - My Latest Obsession...

Post by Spooky »

Anyone here heard of these or actually ride one? Here is a pic of what I am referring to...

I have had mine for just over two months and have put over 300 miles on it. I have just started to take it offroad and explore the insanity of trail riding.

This has ended up being the most AMAZING "toy" purchase I could have ever made during this pandemic. And it's looking like it's one of the better investments I have made in a long, long time overall. I am absolutely addicted. There is a pretty great community around these and I have now included my sons into the obsession. They just turned 6 & 8 years old and are getting comfortable riding pretty quickly (I have since purchased a 2nd board and may well be on my way to buying a 3rd). 8O

I just wanted to share because I think that some of y'all on here would find these a pretty awesome new hobby. They're NOT cheap. And the cost had me super tentative for a while before pulling the trigger. But I went for it and it's been WAY worth every penny.

If any of you are interested to know more - please ask away. There are plenty of YouTube videos as well that should give you a great idea of what these can do. (and how to be safe).

#FloatLife :)
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: OT: Onewheel - Electric "hover/skate board" - My Latest Obsession...

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Seem em around occasionally...know I would bust my ass on one, so never really tried it. I can barely ride a segway...not risking it. :)

That's dope your kids can already ride it...a cool little family activity...albeit a very expensive one! Do they make kid sized boards or do you teach em on a full size and let them grow into it?

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:50 am
Seem em around occasionally...know I would bust my ass on one, so never really tried it. I can barely ride a segway...not risking it. :)

That's dope your kids can already ride it...a cool little family activity...albeit a very expensive one! Do they make kid sized boards or do you teach em on a full size and let them grow into it?
So I have no real board sport background and was able to pick it up very quickly. And I am always 100% padded up even if I am just messin around the cul-de-sac. Cannot risk a fall at my age. These are definitely dangerous if not ridden with respect and understanding.

They have a smaller, less expensive version call the Pint. It's not intended for kids - it's really just a more nimble, different riding option. However, it does fit the kids size much better although there are pros and cons to each board type. The Pint has less range and top (safe) speed. But for a kid, the range is equal to the larger XR model because of their weight.

The boys like the bigger board for the added stability but like the Pint for turning and feeling more manageable.

They have started to go on group rides with me. It's been a great bonding experience.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I always enjoy the pictures and vids of you and the wee fellas on your boards on Instagram, Spooky. Looks like a blast!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

pk500 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:17 pm
I always enjoy the pictures and vids of you and the wee fellas on your boards on Instagram, Spooky. Looks like a blast!
Thanks Paul.