MS Flight Simulator

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MS Flight Simulator

Post by Diablo25 »

XXXIV wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:14 pm
Unreal that you can do this on a console and do it this well.

The next generation has finally truly arrived.
I thought the same thing when I fired it up and saw the performance…which is better than my fairly solid gaming laptop. The next few months should be pretty cool as the next gen games really start arriving.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

For those of you going to buy a flight stick for flight sim, I see one on gamestop and other sites for 90 bucks. Throttle + Stick.

I don't want to spend 200 bucks on one.

Anyone here bought the 90 buck one?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Lancer wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:37 pm
For those of you going to buy a flight stick for flight sim, I see one on gamestop and other sites for 90 bucks. Throttle + Stick.

I don't want to spend 200 bucks on one.

Anyone here bought the 90 buck one?
I bought the Thrustmaster Hotas One, which is the one you are referring to. It is nice. Sturdy and responsive. Numerous videos on YouTube on how to customize it. The dude below does great videos.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Flew over Tokyo last night....pretty frickin cool.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Is there a way to change the time of day setting? I only play at night and it is hard to make out the landmarks in my area with the game following the actual time.

NM... i googled that s***, like I should have in the first place.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Sudz wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:13 pm
Is there a way to change the time of day setting? I only play at night and it is hard to make out the landmarks in my area with the game following the actual time.

NM... i googled that s***, like I should have in the first place.
Yep. When you are setting up your flight from the “World Map” there is a box in the top right called “Flight Conditions”. Click it and everything is in there. You can set the time, weather…including cloud cover, wind, etc. I believe you have to set it to “All Players” to be able to slide the “clock” slider to whatever time you want. Additionally, if you join a friend (multiplayer) in a “Group” make sure you leave the group when you are done. You can’t access the Flight Conditions if you are in a group because its on “Live Weather” by default. I was in a group with a buddY and the next day I didn’t realize I never left the group. For the life of me I couldn’t figure out why I couldn’t access the Flight Conditions. Once I left the group I was fine.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I usually turn the wind off too.. I have a hard enough time landing a Cessna. :P
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

MizzouRah wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:44 pm
I usually turn the wind off too.. I have a hard enough time landing a Cessna. :P
I was surprised by comments like this but realized why some of you may have difficulty. The other day I was lazy and flew in pancake mode rather than in VR on the PC version. Night and day difference in spatial awareness. Tanked the landing. Takes a bit more practice.
Last edited by F308GTB on Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I honestly never though I would enjoy this, I just wanted to see how good it looked but there is something really calming and addictive to just flying over landmarks.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I am really getting into planning the flight, setting up waypoints, familiarizing myself with the instruments, maintaining a proper heading, staying up on the flight checklist, etc etc. it’s very rewarding to pull off an entire flight — from starting the plane, taxiing to the runway, flying, landing and taxiing to the gate. Nerdy but rewarding.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

9ne thing I would love to have in MSFS (or XP11) is a scored crop dusting mode. Often on morning bike rides in the country I will spot a crop duster tending to fields, flying low, steep ascents, swooping turns and dives, pinpoint accuracy. Would be a blast.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Danimal wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:56 am
I honestly never though I would enjoy this, I just wanted to see how good it looked but there is something really calming and addictive to just flying over landmarks.
Same. I really have no interest in upping the difficulty. Enjoying it just as you stated.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Diablo25 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:04 pm
I am really getting into planning the flight, setting up waypoints, familiarizing myself with the instruments, maintaining a proper heading, staying up on the flight checklist, etc etc. it’s very rewarding to pull off an entire flight — from starting the plane, taxiing to the runway, flying, landing and taxiing to the gate. Nerdy but rewarding.

ive seen on twitch people get into it big time.

There was one guy who dressed up in a airplane captain outfit with the hat and everything. He would also speak into the mic when passing over landmarks informing the passengers this or that was on the left side of the plane. then when landing he would inform the flight attendants to prepare for landing.

I can see how it can be soothing and relaxing.

Wait til wintertime when it's cold and snowy outside, dark and gloomy and you can escape and say fly to Fiji or some tropical location.

Too bad I don't find a XBX. I went to Walmart twice already w/ XB S staring me in the face and decided to keep waiting for XBX. I have a 4k TV and just want the ultimate experience w/ this game.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Lancer wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:45 pm
Too bad I don't find a XBX. I went to Walmart twice already w/ XB S staring me in the face and decided to keep waiting for XBX. I have a 4k TV and just want the ultimate experience w/ this game.
Same. I'll wait as long as it takes. I'm either all in on the new gen or out. No in-between measures.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Lancer wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:45 pm
Diablo25 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:04 pm

ive seen on twitch people get into it big time.

There was one guy who dressed up in a airplane captain outfit with the hat and everything. He would also speak into the mic when passing over landmarks informing the passengers this or that was on the left side of the plane. then when landing he would inform the flight attendants to prepare for landing.

I can see how it can be soothing and relaxing.

Wait til wintertime when it's cold and snowy outside, dark and gloomy and you can escape and say fly to Fiji or some tropical location.

Might want to follow this YouTube channel. It helped me secure a Series X.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaZjaJARu24

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Flight Sim is now available on XBOX ONE via Gamepass and via Xcloud for all PC, MAC, IOS and Android devices.

AMAZING!

Played tonight on xbox one and it ran pretty smooth.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Lancer wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:00 am
Flight Sim is now available on XBOX ONE via Gamepass and via Xcloud for all PC, MAC, IOS and Android devices.

AMAZING!

Played tonight on xbox one and it ran pretty smooth.
WHOA. This could keep me into console gaming. My interest has waned, big time, since Christmas. No coincidence that my gaming time has cut by about 75 percent since legal mobile sports betting arrived in NY during the first week of January. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Just tried it on my OG Xbox One -- not even an OG XB1 S. Worked just fine on full details.

This could be a superb chill, "play while I'm f*cked up" game. I have every setting on Easy now just so I can fly and look around, but I'm looking forward to ramping up complexity gradually and learning a few things about actual flight.

Just stunned by what Microsoft is doing with cloud gaming and seeing fewer and fewer reasons each day why I should spend $500 on a Series X or even $300 on a Series S.

This is a game-changer for me.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

pk500 wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:43 pm
Just tried it on my OG Xbox One -- not even an OG XB1 S. Worked just fine on full details.

This could be a superb chill, "play while I'm f*cked up" game. I have every setting on Easy now just so I can fly and look around, but I'm looking forward to ramping up complexity gradually and learning a few things about actual flight.

Just stunned by what Microsoft is doing with cloud gaming and seeing fewer and fewer reasons each day why I should spend $500 on a Series X or even $300 on a Series S.

This is a game-changer for me.
I've been looking for XBX for the last year - don't want to overspend - really just to play this game. Now I can play it on XBO, i no longer need to get a next gen console right away. I can just wait now when I can walk into a store and buy one.

This game and MLB THE SHOW were the only 2 games I wanted on next gen. Now that they are on last gen, I"m pretty happy. And being on gamepass I don't need to spend $140 for both.

Played about 3-4 hours of Flight Sim on XBO. It plays pretty smooth! Graphics are not to par w/ next gen but they're decent. They're what you expect, graphics on last gen systems. And the game has all the latest updates as next gen. I played the 'game of the year' edition but not sure if that's the same as the standard edition they have up there as well.

This game is really hard. I did the training and that was even hard. The big jets are easy to fly but those smaller planes I have problems with. It's right after take off I can't seem to keep them flying. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

i am really digging this game now. I haven't been this engulfed in a game in a long time.

The game is hard but you really have to learn on how to fly the plane.

I've made a lot of mistakes but learned on how to avoid them.

The Activities are quite fun. Landing especially is very addictive. Its like an old school game where you keep failing/crashing but you can't put it down and keep trying multiple times to get it right and pass the stage.

This game sort of makes me want to buy a XBX even more considering how beautiful it must look on that system.

I had one session on cloud today that was very laggy. First time since I had this game on XBOne. But I quit the session and reloaded the game and it was fine.

So far just amazing.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Lancer wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:28 am
This game sort of makes me want to buy a XBX even more considering how beautiful it must look on that system.
If you sign up for Microsoft XBOX deal alerts they'll send you an email when the consoles are available. I have received multiple offerings from MS. I could have had the Halo XSX, as well as multiple Series X. The catch is they are sold as a Bundle which means you have to buy the next-gen console with one game and an extra controller. That's not an unreasonable bundle where others are asking you to buy 2-3 games, an extra controller and 1-2 gift cards.

And Elden Ring was part of the bundle.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

How is this game on xbox series s? I can get that console right now. The xcloud version is driving me to make a purchase.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Friggin' brilliant. I love cloud gaming. And this game is why.

My connection is apparently not the best, so I get several periods of graphical impressionistic water paints, but when it is clear...oh my. I used the velocity hover craft at a strip very near my hometown, and flew over my home and land, the local university football field and library, the town square...I took pictures of it all, and it's amazing, if not a little frightening...lol.

The 3D ground structures are a game changer. Flying in between buildings in Manhattan is exhilarating. Seeing traffic, even cars pulling into driveways, makes it seem real.

I don't have the new shiny, but this made me want one just to see these graphics on all their glory.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I flew over my house today, taking off with a Cessna at a grass strip that sits about 1.5 miles from my house. Flew all around my town, too. Even the high school football field had the block letter M at midfield for Marcellus.

This game is NUTS. Like Teal, I'm stoked about the ability to play from the cloud. But yeah, a bit curious about how it plays and looks on the new rigs. Please pass me that slice of humble pie now. :)