MS Flight Simulator

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MS Flight Simulator

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:09 pm
So instead I went with the Alienware Aurora R11 since the RTX 3080 is in stock. I configured it with an i9-10900KF, 1000w liquid cooled setup, RTX 3080, 32GB of 3200mhz DDR4, 512 Nvme SSD. I was able to get a 15% discount on the rig so outlay was around $2400. Not great but not bad either but i've been amped to play it on HIGH settings in 4K. I hope I can pull it off.
If you can't for $2400 we've got a problem...lol. Nice rig for sure.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:12 pm
Rodster wrote:
So instead I went with the Alienware Aurora R11 since the RTX 3080 is in stock. I configured it with an i9-10900KF, 1000w liquid cooled setup, RTX 3080, 32GB of 3200mhz DDR4, 512 Nvme SSD. I was able to get a 15% discount on the rig so outlay was around $2400. Not great but not bad either but i've been amped to play it on HIGH settings in 4K. I hope I can pull it off.
Huh?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:15 pm
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:12 pm
Rodster wrote:
Huh?
"I hope I can pull it off" to which I replied "If you can't for $2400 we've got a problem". There's a reason I quoted that part of your post. smh

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I figured it out after I posted it, my bad.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Microsoft just released the following info that Flight Simulator will be released next summer for the Series X only. No surprise as I couldn't imagine the XONE OG running this game although i'm a little surprised the X1X didn't make the list.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Microsoft Flight Simulator VR finally has a release date (and a surprise)

Old news, but somehow I missed it. I have purposely not done anything yet in MS Flight Simulator 2020 because I hoped to have the first introduction to it in VR.

https://www.windowscentral.com/microsof ... d-surprise
Just in time for Christmas with support for all headsets, not just one
That view above is about to get a lot more familiar to owners of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and a VR headset of any kind, as the game's long-awaited VR mode is finally being released just in time for Christmas. What's more is that, contrary to previous statements saying the game's VR mode would only be available on the HP Reverb G2, Microsoft Flight Simulator VR will work on all VR headsets from any vendor. This, according to a Twitch steam from the development team at Asobo Studio, as first noted by Polygon.

The VR update comes as part of Sim Update 2, which is scheduled to launch on December 23. That's right in time for lots of new people to unwrap great new headsets like the Oculus Quest 2 on Christmas and jump right into an ultra-immersive flight experience. Asobo Studios says the entirety of the game will be playable in VR, so you'll be able to strap that headset on and launch the game in VR without having to do anything separately on your PC beforehand.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Flight Simulator Xbox trailer
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Diablo25 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:31 pm
Flight Simulator Xbox trailer
Thanks for posting that Diablo, that looks freaking awesome. I guess the key here is optimization and Microsoft said the optimizations made on the XBOX side will greatly benefit the PC side because it will be applied to the PC version.

Edit: and that's running in 4K according to the trailer which is even more impressive.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

The VR patch is out and I am still trying to get this to work on my Quest 2, but as an owner of the very first MS Flight Simulator from when I was in high school, this is pretty cool!

Microsoft brings 'Flight Simulator' to the VR headsets people care about
https://www.engadget.com/microsoft-flig ... 28139.html
Alongside VR support, Asobo has added real-time snow and ice coverage with Sim Update 2. One of Microsoft Flight Simulator’s most compelling features is its weather function, which aims to replicate conditions as they are in the real world at a given time. The live weather update should help to deepen the immersion.

Also in the latest patch are two new training missions for the Airbus A320neo and a holiday scavenger hunt with festive lights adorning 12 landmarks. One top of that, the update includes a number of tweaks, optimizations and fixes, along with free liveries.
Microsoft Flight Simulator VR Players Report Performance Issues Even On High-End Hardware
https://uploadvr.com/microsoft-flight-s ... ce-issues/
First, the good news: Microsoft Flight Simulator’s VR support arrived today! Now, the bad news: it’s running really, really poorly for pretty much everyone.
Feature Discovery Series Episode 9: VR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtfx_rF ... e=emb_logo

VR FAQ
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/re ... faq/336918

You can now play Microsoft’s Flight Simulator in VR
https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/22/221 ... nouncement

If you thought Flight Simulator was already realistic, wait until you see it in VR
https://www.techradar.com/news/if-you-t ... e-it-in-vr

MSFS VR - Everything you NEED to know! | HP REVERB G2 & RIFT S
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKt7G8Qfuq8

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 in VR is Absolutely UNBELIEVABLE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOeDTr1x3XI

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 | The RIGHT VR Headset for YOU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVgBRmG1TKk&t=141s

Microsoft Flight Simulator VR Patch Live, Here’s Our First Gameplay
https://uploadvr.com/microsoft-flight-s ... r-gameplay

Flying over New York City in Microsoft Flight Sim! - RTX 2060 Super & HP Reverb G2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqPwtxWuocg

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 VR Gameplay // How To Remove Black Box Flight Sim 2020 VR - Beardo Benjo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnhF78FTFII
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 VR support is here so of course I needed to jump in and check out some Flight Simulator 2020 VR gameplay, flying above the clouds in full 3D VR with gorgeous crisp visuals sounds like exactly the kind of thing VR was built for! Early on in this Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 VR Oculus gameplay video I encountered a very strange black box issue that impacted my experience, after a little bit of tinkering I managed to fix the issue & this video turned into a how to remove black box Flight Sim VR video / Flight Sim 2020 VR black box fix video, skip to 11:57 to find out how I managed to remove the black box issue in MSFS2020 VR.

I might not be a simulation player but this Flight Sim 2020 update / Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 VR update is enough to pull me in and get me interested in the product, cruising at those altitudes in VR is genuinely breathtaking and during this Flight Simulator 2020 VR gameplay test I experience solid performance on my system (RTX 2080, i7 9700k & 32GB DDR4 Ram), I did have all the graphics settings on default for the majority of my play time but also pushed many up to high close to the end and still experienced some very solid frame rates & performance.

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 VR setup is also extremely easy, simply ensure your copy of MSFS 2020 is updated, plug in your VR headset (I went with Oculus Rift S) and then head to options in game, scroll down to VR and enable the VR mode. Simple. That's all it takes to jump in and enjoy some Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 VR gameplay but bear in mind that Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 VR Oculus players maye experience the black box / black frame issue in the right hand corner of their screen which is an easy fix if you follow the instructions in this video!

How To Remove Black Box Flight Simulator 2020 VR / Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 VR Black Box - Timestamp:
Remove Black Box Oculus VR - 11:57

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

I have no interest in VR headsets for gaming due to the claustrophobic feeling and motion sickness.

However, I would like to try this device out some day on Microsoft Flight Simulator:

TrackIr 5 Premium Head Tracking for Gaming https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0029M6VKA/re ... 5Fb6SGWQZ7

-MERACE

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

MERACE wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:00 pm
I have no interest in VR headsets for gaming due to the claustrophobic feeling and motion sickness.

However, I would like to try this device out some day on Microsoft Flight Simulator:

TrackIr 5 Premium Head Tracking for Gaming https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0029M6VKA/re ... 5Fb6SGWQZ7

-MERACE
I'd never seen this... I can see where it would add a lot to a flight simulator. Doesn't seem to be catching on though, given the age of this device and the fact that I'm just now learning of it. I'll have to seek out some videos of this in action. Thanks for the lead on it!

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

They're extremely clunky to use, which is why they've never taken off.

You are turning your head, changing the view on your center monitor, yet keeping your eyes locked into the center. And back when I used them, you had to use a hat with a little reflector on the bill, too. Made the whole thing weird.

I can't properly convey how weird it is to turn your head to change your view, yet keep your eyes transfixed on a center monitor while doing so.

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

MERACE wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:00 pm

-MERACE
You can get accustomed to VR. The first few times I used It I felt nauseous. Unless there is some bad stuttering motion I am completely fine.

I did sign up for Xbox Game Pass for PC over the weekend and downloaded FS. It does play much better in VR in terms of accessing the flight controls, While the graphics are more blurry on my aging Rift, it is much easier to fly, better spatial awareness and less clumsy interface to buttons, knobs, and switches. Graphically, in and out of VR it certainly wallops Xplane.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I got to try MSFS on my new rig. I'm only able to consistently get 30FPS on 4K Ultra. I've seen some videos of people hitting nearly 60FPS in 4K Ultra. It's still smooth but I would have like to hit the 60FPS mark especially since i'm just messing around flying where I live.

Specs are HP Omen i9-10850K, 32GB HyperX 3200Mhz, 1TB WD SSD Nvme, RTX 3080.

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

Rodster wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:47 pm
I got to try MSFS on my new rig. I'm only able to consistently get 30FPS on 4K Ultra. I've seen some videos of people hitting nearly 60FPS in 4K Ultra. It's still smooth but I would have like to hit the 60FPS mark especially since i'm just messing around flying where I live.

Specs are HP Omen i9-10850K, 32GB HyperX 3200Mhz, 1TB WD SSD Nvme, RTX 3080.
Just got my HP Reverb G2 today, delayed several days due to the cold,,power, and water issues here in Texas. Hopefully my 1080ti and i7-8700k are up to the task. Want more clarity compared to the Rift CV1 it's replacing. MSFS has been a joy in VR.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Just tried a flight night flight in 4K Ultra from LaGuardia to JFK and I consistently hit 30FPS even flying over the Empire State Building. So I can't complain.

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

Got my Reverb G2 up and running. MSFS looks great. Much better than the Rift CV1 and not a big performance drop. Would love to play right now and fly around the revamped UK, but Live is buggered up right now.

On another note, Assetto Corsa Competizione actually looks good with the G2. On my Rift it was quite pixelated and choppy. I actually get better performance with the higher resolution G2. I'm a happy camper.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I just received a survey from the XBOX team regarding MSFS. Supposedly this will be released this summer on the X/S.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

COMING July 17 ON GAME PASS!! + FREE TOP GUN EXPANSION PACK

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Honestly, I think this game is going to blow up on the XBSX. There is a big buzz going on and supposedly the XBSX handles it just fine. Word is controller announcements are coming soon. Anxious for the 27th.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

fanatic2
Mario Mendoza

Post by fanatic2 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:08 pm
Honestly, I think this game is going to blow up on the XBSX. There is a big buzz going on and supposedly the XBSX handles it just fine. Word is controller announcements are coming soon. Anxious for the 27th.
Yeah I saw that interview where they hinted at a controller announcement. Never used a flight stick - but if this game runs well and it's a comfortable stick to use on the couch, I can see myself spending A LOT of time with this game.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Console impressions please....

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

It's out on the 27th.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Rodster wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:02 am
It's out on the 27th.
Yep another week.

It downloaded yesterday or at least it downloaded 97 gbs of something.

Another of the many beautiful things about Gamepass. You get your own impressions.

I am curious to see how this is going to work with just a controller cause plying it on my pc I needed the Xbox controller and the keybord/mouse.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

XXXIV wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:11 am
I am curious to see how this is going to work with just a controller cause plying it on my pc I needed the Xbox controller and the keybord/mouse.
You shouldn't have a problem because this game has been built around the Xbox controller. In fact it's nothing new because Microsoft Flight Simulator X back in 2006 incorporated the controller and I preferred it to using a flight stick. The menu and UI in the 2020 version screams navigate with a controller.