PGA TOUR 2K21

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PGA TOUR 2K21

Post by J_Cauthen »

fsquid wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:17 pm
sweet, I guess this is the last week of the old game? I know its the last week on the TGC Tour.
I'm thinking what I'll do is schedule our three dailies this week on TGC 2019, then move on to 2K21 starting with dailies only, until we figure out how we want to set the difficulty levels. I'm open to suggestions starting Friday, after everyone has had a chance to play some rounds with it and see what might be a good starting point for all.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Game has come a long way since the original TGC

XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

I just preordered...damn you guys
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Would anyone be up for some like Alternate Shot someday this weekend?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Barstool Sports is doing a live multiplayer even right now on Facebook Here it is: https://www.facebook.com/ItsWiKKiD/videos/3394442077273123/

Don't ask me how I got there... I just fumbled and stumbled.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Zlax45 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:31 am
I'll be all over it Zlax... let's do this! :D

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

There will be a four player match tonight at 8 PM EDT featuring Fore Play, Barstool Sports golf channel. Here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itefZ53UIdk

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:19 am
Zlax45 wrote:
Lets plan it up....

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

I only watched a few holes from a couple of videos, think it was respawn who I watched and it was so annoying with him taking practice swings before every shot. Still looking forward to the new game.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Not sure if those practice shots work well. While ideal for everyone to do so, whenever the player finally hits the shot it would be either fast or too slow. Not just Respawn for the record.

Even though I have preordered the game already I won’t be able to try it until Saturday when I get back from my flight. Enjoy everyone!

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

10spro wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:57 pm
Not sure if those practice shots work well. While ideal for everyone to do so, whenever the player finally hits the shot it would be either fast or too slow. Not just Respawn for the record.

Even though I have preordered the game already I won’t be able to try it until Saturday when I get back from my flight. Enjoy everyone!
We should do one though some Saturday night...let's keep it in mind if we have four of us online at a time. You can roast Chara for an hour straight to me! ;-)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Zlax45 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:02 pm
10spro wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:57 pm

We should do one though some Saturday night...let's keep it in mind if we have four of us online at a time. You can roast Chara for an hour straight to me! ;-)
Sounds good. I’ll probably hook up with Vader first so if you see us online hop on. Gratz advancing to the next round.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Just ideas besides our daily tournaments....

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Zlax45 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:54 pm
J_Cauthen wrote:
Zlax45 wrote:
Lets plan it up....
I plan on being on from midnight tonight until I crash on Friday. I could set one up Friday morning, or late Friday afternoon. What would work best for everyone? I want to create my character, spend about 15 minutes on the range, perform the swing calibration, and play a practice round or two. I don't know where I'll go from there.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

I wouldn't mind having the weekend to play around with it and start with the society Monday. But I am good with what everyone decides.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:39 am
Zlax45 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:54 pm
J_Cauthen wrote:

Lets plan it up....
I plan on being on from midnight tonight until I crash on Friday. I could set one up Friday morning, or late Friday afternoon. What would work best for everyone? I want to create my character, spend about 15 minutes on the range, perform the swing calibration, and play a practice round or two. I don't know where I'll go from there.
Lets do like the medium level and no putt preview for like a single tourney on Friday? Readjust from there?

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

I was all set to play at 9pm tonight. Living on the West Coast for the past 30 years has its advantages....

.... then I remembered I'm living in NC now and in the EASTERN time zone. Sonnofa...!!!!!!

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

I just banged out an online match which was a disaster for both myself and my opponent as it was both of ours first rounds. I am having major issues with the putting meter right now which seems to be VERY quick.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Wow. So much to explore. Difficulty is Definitely up with the game. I am on Pro and it TOUGH/LEGIT.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

One thing that is different is that the pace of your backswing does not matter at all. Simply pull the stick back and concentrate on your DOWNSWING tempo.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:32 am
Wow. So much to explore. Difficulty is Definitely up with the game. I am on Pro and it TOUGH/LEGIT.
I can testify to that! I'm +21 through my front 9 at Quail Hollow, in Pro difficulty level. I've turned the power meters off in pro difficulty, but that's not what my problem is... I can't get the tempo right. I've only had two swings finish within the tempo window. Sad thing is I'm missing left and right, slow and fast. When you hit one good though... baby does it feel sweet. Let me go back and continue having my ass handed to me.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:56 am
Diablo25 wrote:
I can testify to that! I'm +21 through my front 9 at Quail Hollow, in Pro difficulty level. I've turned the power meters off in pro difficulty, but that's not what my problem is... I can't get the tempo right. I've only had two swings finish within the tempo window. Sad thing is I'm missing left and right, slow and fast. When you hit one good though... baby does it feel sweet. Let me go back and continue having my ass handed to me.
Go to the driving range and keep hitting!

Calibrating your controller is the most important thing to do

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Vader, I'll defer to you on the DSP Society creation. I know you've started all the XBox One DSP Societies up to this point. Do you want to create it and get it started? I'll be glad to do it if you want, but I didn't want to just launch it without seeing what your intentions are. I think the admins will have the same authority as the Presidents in this one, which will help a lot. Let me know what you want to do.

I'm going to say this about difficulty... Pro difficulty is giving me all I want and more, although I have turned the power bars off all the way around. I'd like to read you guys thoughts on it.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Zlax45 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:59 am
J_Cauthen wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:56 am
Diablo25 wrote:
Go to the driving range and keep hitting!

Calibrating your controller is the most important thing to do
I'm going to do that again, I did it once but I was trying to conform to what I thought it wanted, rather than just using my natural swing. Thanks for the reminder to do that Zlax. Damn if this game doesn't look great on the XBox One X!