PGA TOUR 2K21

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PGA TOUR 2K21

Post by 10spro »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:30 pm
James, I was dueling it out with your ghost in yesterday's tournament at Weldon Heath. We were tied at -6 going to the 18th. I stuck my approach reasonably close, like maybe 12 feet from the pin, while you were a little ways off. I rolled my 12 foot birdie putt 10 feet past the hole, then missed the comebacker, leaving myself a 4 footer for par, which I rimmed in. It was a choke job extraordinaire! The real choke job came earlier in the round, when I missed an 18" birdie putt... I was too hard-headed to play the break that I saw was there!
Ouch. :evil: It’ll be better with the series X. Right? Right?...

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I gotta ask a question to see if I'm imagining things with this game... do those of you who play it on the XBox One/X, PC, or PS4 feel a ball impact rumble, that's sort of inversely proportional to the quality of the ball strike? I could swear that I'm feeling a rumble at impact, especially when I'm out of the swing path, and/or my tempo is way off. When I have a perfect or near perfect strike I feel next to nothing, which is as it should be.

I'm in a discussion elsewhere in which a guy is telling me this game only uses haptic/vibration feedback for the backswing length, and there's nothing for impact effects. The backswing length vibration is more defined, but I could swear I'm still feeling a rumble at impact proportional to the quality of the strike. When I turn Swing Vibration" off in the control settings, I know for a fact I don't feel anything at either end of the swing.

Any thoughts on this?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

10spro wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:39 pm
Ouch. :evil: It’ll be better with the series X. Right? Right?...
It better or I'll be offering some heated "constructive criticism" in the official forum... whichever one is now considered to be the official forum :) I sense that there's been some sort of falling out between 2K and HB Studios, as I haven't seen any of the dev team, including the Senior Producer, post in the 2K forum since August, only two weeks after making a statement that they would be moving over to the 2K forum for official communications. The only official communication we get from them now is in the TGC 2019 HB Studios forum, which to me just wreaks of bad blood.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

J_Cauthen wrote:
James, I was dueling it out with your ghost in yesterday's tournament at Weldon Heath. We were tied at -6 going to the 18th. I stuck my approach reasonably close, like maybe 12 feet from the pin, while you were a little ways off. I rolled my 12 foot birdie putt 10 feet past the hole, then missed the comebacker, leaving myself a 4 footer for par, which I rimmed in. It was a choke job extraordinaire! The real choke job came earlier in the round, when I missed an 18" birdie putt... I was too hard-headed to play the break that I saw was there!
Lol. When I first read this, I thought at least two people were right there with me at -6. Then I started the game tonight and realized you were talking about me. Only my name isn't James :D

I was lucky to get to -6 as I think I was even or maybe -1 at the turn.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:41 pm
I gotta ask a question to see if I'm imagining things with this game... do those of you who play it on the XBox One/X, PC, or PS4 feel a ball impact rumble, that's sort of inversely proportional to the quality of the ball strike? I could swear that I'm feeling a rumble at impact, especially when I'm out of the swing path, and/or my tempo is way off. When I have a perfect or near perfect strike I feel next to nothing, which is as it should be.

I'm in a discussion elsewhere in which a guy is telling me this game only uses haptic/vibration feedback for the backswing length, and there's nothing for impact effects. The backswing length vibration is more defined, but I could swear I'm still feeling a rumble at impact proportional to the quality of the strike. When I turn Swing Vibration" off in the control settings, I know for a fact I don't feel anything at either end of the swing.

Any thoughts on this?
I will try to pay attention to it tonight. Although I don't really pay attention to any of the vibration in the game.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

JOZ wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:31 pm
J_Cauthen wrote:
Lol. When I first read this, I thought at least two people were right there with me at -6. Then I started the game tonight and realized you were talking about me. Only my name isn't James :D

I was lucky to get to -6 as I think I was even or maybe -1 at the turn.
Who was I thinking was at -11 for this tournament? Maybe I'm getting my DSP PC Society tournament scores mixed up with my XBox One Society scores confused? I know Broomer was at -13 in today's PC society tournament round, while I was struggling to shoot a 70... in a round that included a 5-putt green from 36 feet! :oops: :D

broomer
Mario Mendoza

Post by broomer »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:45 am

Who was I thinking was at -11 for this tournament? Maybe I'm getting my DSP PC Society tournament scores mixed up with my XBox One Society scores confused? I know Broomer was at -13 in today's PC society tournament round, while I was struggling to shoot a 70... in a round that included a 5-putt green from 36 feet! :oops: :D
JC, that Heatherton Kings course was very, very good to me.....EVERYTHING was going in on the front 9 :D

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Anyone playing the single player mode?? I’m curious who’s the best Pro on your circuit? Patrick Cantlay is the next coming of Tiger Woods in mine, he finishes in the top 5 in every tourney (and usually the winner).
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

greggsand wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:18 pm
Anyone playing the single player mode?? I’m curious who’s the best Pro on your circuit? Patrick Cantlay is the next coming of Tiger Woods in mine, he finishes in the top 5 in every tourney (and usually the winner).
I still haven't played beyond the first tournament in the Korn Ferry tour. Do you get a sense that you're actually playing against a field of players? I just got the idea that I was playing against a bell curve, albeit one with configurable variables. I'm active in four different Societies and play more multiplayer than I thought I would, and that winds up consuming a lot of my play time between the two.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

broomer wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:42 pm
J_Cauthen wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:45 am

JC, that Heatherton Kings course was very, very good to me.....EVERYTHING was going in on the front 9 :D
Yeah, you were killing it on the front 9. I couldn't believe how many long putts you made in that whole round though! Heatherington Kings was good on TGC 2019, but it is truly spectacular in 2K21!

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I just can't seem to putt on this one. Finally got the tempo down some.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

fsquid wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:30 am
I just can't seem to putt on this one. Finally got the tempo down some.
I've got to get more conservative with my putting game. I simply don't think hard enough about what's going to happen when I miss a putt long, and probably average three or more 3-putt+ greens per round. The tempo is getting harder and harder for me to find on the XBox One X side because I'm spending more and more time playing 2K21 on my PC, where I average 55 to 60 FPS. It's so much easier to regulate the tempo when the feedback is coming in at 60 FPS. I'm getting so frustrated with the way the game feels at 30 FPS that I'm almost to the point of going strictly PC.

What I'm really hoping will happen on the XBox Series X front is that HB Studios, or the Microsoft Backward Compatibility team will provide an option to disable vsync for the Series X. IMO, it would be almost criminal not to, especially when it would be a needed option for VRR support. I know if I owned a Series X (which is VRR capable) and a VRR capable display, I'd be pretty ticked off if the only thing standing between me and my ability to use that feature being the lack of a line of code to disable vsync... as an OPTION. :?

My display (a 2018 vintage TCL Series 6) is not VRR capable, however, I'm not very sensitive to screen tearing so I'd probably get along pretty well with disabled vsync on a non VRR display, as long as I could float around 60 FPS. I know I'm doing fine with disabled vsync on the PC version right now on that same display 8)

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I just played the game on the XBSX and outside of it loading faster I didn’t really see a frame rate increase. Must be locked so unless they push out an update the game will be much the same.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:02 pm
I just played the game on the XBSX and outside of it loading faster I didn’t really see a frame rate increase. Must be locked so unless they push out an update the game will be much the same.
Your report is the fifth I've read today that feel it didn't get a frame rate boost. I really didn't expect it to happen, for reasons I really can't define. HB Studios just seems to be so reserved and quiet about this game. The Series X is nothing more than a powerful gaming computer without a mouse and a keyboard. Why is it that they can give us all these vsync options and means to dial up our own frame rate on a PC, yet leave us shackled to a draconian 30 FPS on this next-gen hardware :? There's got to be more to this than I can dig up!

I'd say we have a better chance of the Microsoft backward compatibility team doing something to side-step the vsync lock than HB Studios doing it. Do you think it's possible that the reason they aren't willing to unlock it is because they're afraid of the backlash they might get from non Series X XBox owners who would protest that it's not fair that they would have to compete against others on the same 'platform' who are benefitting from the 2X frame rate feedback? I wouldn't rule it out, but we already have a very similar lack of parity on the PC platform, where people's PCs run the game from 25 to 125 FPS. I don't read any belly-aching over that any more.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:09 pm
greggsand wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:18 pm
I still haven't played beyond the first tournament in the Korn Ferry tour. Do you get a sense that you're actually playing against a field of players? I just got the idea that I was playing against a bell curve, albeit one with configurable variables. I'm active in four different Societies and play more multiplayer than I thought I would, and that winds up consuming a lot of my play time between the two.
I like the single player a lot. I don't find it any different than playing a ghost except I have difficulty dialed in to where I'm usually competitive (though I have missed some cuts).
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I finally finished a full PGA Tour Career mode and what did I get for winning the Fed Ex Cup? A bland screen with some text about how I won and some generic quotes I supposedly said. While I enjoyed it for the most part there is a lot that can be done here and with the game in general

1. Give me the option in the final round of playing with AI players in my pairing. Even if it just a ghost ball for speed at least it would be better than a leaderboard.

2. There are no ties in golf, if I finish an event tied then go to play off holes.

3. Filter in some other non-stroke play events. How about a match play event. God forbid how about the Ryder or Presidents Cup

4. Let me customize the schedule so I can change up the courses being played.

These next ones are for any mode.

5. For fucks sake fix the save replay and make it a format I can upload to youtube.

6. How about we have an outfit selector. If Madden the laziest franchise on the planet is able to let you change uniforms why not here. We can already save by round so let us just switch it on launching a round.

7. Good lord add a punch shot back in and while you're at it add better physics for the ball hitting trees, grandtstands and people.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Just to clarify what you'll see when you go to the Digital Sportspage Society page on the XBox One today, the course in which this week's tournament is set is actually "Augusta National" (and the best one available at that!). It's called "A Course With No Name" (the clv24's latest update of his Firethorn National for PGA TOUR 2K21) to ward off any copyright claims it could face over using the real name. I know a lot of you know this already, but I just wanted to make it clear that this is a special treat for those who may not have known about it.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:22 pm
I finally finished a full PGA Tour Career mode and what did I get for winning the Fed Ex Cup? A bland screen with some text about how I won and some generic quotes I supposedly said. While I enjoyed it for the most part there is a lot that can be done here and with the game in general

1. Give me the option in the final round of playing with AI players in my pairing. Even if it just a ghost ball for speed at least it would be better than a leaderboard.

2. There are no ties in golf, if I finish an event tied then go to play off holes.

3. Filter in some other non-stroke play events. How about a match play event. God forbid how about the Ryder or Presidents Cup

4. Let me customize the schedule so I can change up the courses being played.

These next ones are for any mode.

5. For fucks sake fix the save replay and make it a format I can upload to youtube.

6. How about we have an outfit selector. If Madden the laziest franchise on the planet is able to let you change uniforms why not here. We can already save by round so let us just switch it on launching a round.

7. Good lord add a punch shot back in and while you're at it add better physics for the ball hitting trees, grandtstands and people.
All of those are must haves for a career mode in my opinion, and I really don't know why they couldn't accommodate all of them! I don't understand licensing pros and then not using them as in game playing companions, if desired!? Maybe it was a lower cost level of license to use them for canned cut scene highlights of shots they actually didn't hit in their simulated round!?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:02 pm
I've now read six independent reports of animation skipping for this game on the Series X. I've seen two videos of it and it's like the golfer animation skips about 10 frames and suddenly appears where it should be. Here's a link to one; have you seen anything like this:

https://xboxclips.co/frstdwn/43939443-f ... 9df5c77f83

I'd say this problem is widespread enough to warrant a patch, and maybe while they're patching it, they could include an option to disable vsync for those who want to play the game a 60 FPS, and/or use the VRR capability of their Series X's and VRR capable displays! 8)

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:46 am
Just to clarify what you'll see when you go to the Digital Sportspage Society page on the XBox One today, the course in which this week's tournament is set is actually "Augusta National" (and the best one available at that!). It's called "A Course With No Name" (the clv24's latest update of his Firethorn National for PGA TOUR 2K21) to ward off any copyright claims it could face over using the real name. I know a lot of you know this already, but I just wanted to make it clear that this is a special treat for those who may not have known about it.
Great rendition. Shot a +1 in the first round, but it was a lot of fun. A special treat indeed!!

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Lol, I had no idea it was Augusta as I was playing. But it was enjoyable and tough. It really made you think on some shots. I couldn't get any consistency on my iron play. I believe I was even or +1 after the third round. Then it was my goal to just finish under par. Nice final score Lead.

I think I am going to take a break for a bit on this one. I'm starting to get into some single player games and I have a huge backlog to chip away at. I may still drop in here and there though, just not every day as I have been.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

JOZ wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:27 am
Lol, I had no idea it was Augusta as I was playing. But it was enjoyable and tough. It really made you think on some shots. I couldn't get any consistency on my iron play. I believe I was even or +1 after the third round. Then it was my goal to just finish under par. Nice final score Lead.
Thanks, conditions were ideal for the final round and I had a day.... :)

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I f***in hate putting when we do Augusta. Same with the previous iterations of the game.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

fsquid wrote: I f***in hate putting when we do Augusta. Same with the previous iterations of the game.
Had some struggles there too :)

Greens seemed a little faster to me than what we have had on 2k21 and no matter where you landed on the green, you seemed to have a significant break to the cup.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

A couple of 7s and 8s on my first round. Hate this course.