PGA TOUR 2K21

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PGA TOUR 2K21

Post by Zlax45 »

I will eventually join you guys but I just canceled my preorder as I expect to be watching NHL playoffs the next couple of months so will wait for the price drop.
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I am currently watching one of Respawn’s videos from the preview. He is going over the mechanics and settings for everything. One thing that I kind of like is in distant settings there is a setting for “Book Only”. That means you can actually set up your shot in the overhead view. You can move the cursor on the mini map to see the yardage. Very cool.

He also said Pro level difficulty is pretty much what Masters Clubs were on 19.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Here is the video I referenced above (I think John mentioned it a few posts back). It’s over an hour but if you are excited about the game watch this and I promise you will become more excited.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Sorry for all the posts but I am really digging what I’ve been seeing. One of my biggest beefs with this series was hitting the green with an iron and having it roll out...no check, no backspin. Well, that looks to be fixed in 21. The video below is another one from Respawn when he shows how spin has been implemented. I was so glad to see this.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

One more week to go. I was one that was skeptical about this game a few months ago but am completely sold on it now.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

AcemanPR wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:01 am
One more week to go. I was one that was skeptical about this game a few months ago but am completely sold on it now.
I've seen so many high quality videos, showing all the difficulty levels, options, enhancements, and features of 2K21 that I'm having a very hard time going through the motions with TGC 2019 now. I erupted playing last yesterday's DSP daily, after I accidentally had a "Perfect/Slow" tempo that resulted in a power fade :evil: , that had just enough extra carry to take the ball out of bounds long... I reverted to my John Daily, show your A$$ mode for the remaining 4 holes. I can take solace in the fact that there won't be any power fades with a slow downswing in 2K21! 8)

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:03 am
AcemanPR wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:01 am
I've seen so many high quality videos, showing all the difficulty levels, options, enhancements, and features of 2K21 that I'm having a very hard time going through the motions with TGC 2019 now. I erupted playing last yesterday's DSP daily, after I accidentally had a "Perfect/Slow" tempo that resulted in a power fade :evil: , that had just enough extra carry to take the ball out of bounds long... I reverted to my John Daily, show your A$$ mode for the remaining 4 holes. I can take solace in the fact that there won't be any power fades with a slow downswing in 2K21! 8)
Respawn said he can’t go back to 19 after playing the preview. 21 is that good.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

I have actually rage quit the last two. Two days ago I hit an approach shot to the right of the green in the rough, but not near the fence and trees and only maybe 10-15 yards from the fringe. It registered as out of bounds.

Last night I missed a putt by 1/2 inch barely past the hole and it decided to roll completely off the green and by a bush where the next shot I could not see my guy. I tried to mess with the camera but I was done anyway.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

yea some goofy holes this week, but with so many courses available, I just try and finish. I've also preordered the new game. I like playing on the TGC Tours and doing the dailies here.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

fsquid wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:54 am
yea some goofy holes this week, but with so many courses available, I just try and finish. I've also preordered the new game. I like playing on the TGC Tours and doing the dailies here.
There have been some unfair holes this week. I try to use the recommendations of my "Friends Favorites" course list as the final barometer for selecting a course. Sometimes those courses are on the list because they were made by friends or were part of a Society event that required them to play the course. I won't put a course in the schedule that doesn't rate 4 stars, and over 300 plays, but that doesn't always guarantee greatness either.

You've come on and played strong here of late fsquid. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on 2K21 and how we should set it up for the DSP Society. We need everyone's input on this to make it work here, so I'm thinking we might need to have an exhibition season where we're feeling out difficulties and shot aid options. This DSP Society is Vader's brainchild, I'm just minding the shop while he's taking a leave of absence. He'll probably have some good ideas as to where and how to start the 2K21 Society.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:20 am
Respawn said he can’t go back to 19 after playing the preview. 21 is that good.
I can see why... heck, I have a hard time going back after just watching the videos! 8O

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I continue to be juiced for 2K21. It’s nice to finally have a game to be excited about. The pandemic has squashed a lot of the game releases this spring and summer.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Just from all the previews...has HB/2K created the best golf game ever? Time will tell but it sure looks like a legit candidate.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

As much as I am pumped and ready for this game, I haven't watched one video outside of the trailer. Not sure why, but I need to. I'll try to watch some this weekend and perhaps give some feedback. I'm sure we will have to play around a bit with the society before we settle on something.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

JOZ wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:13 pm
As much as I am pumped and ready for this game, I haven't watched one video outside of the trailer. Not sure why, but I need to. I'll try to watch some this weekend and perhaps give some feedback. I'm sure we will have to play around a bit with the society before we settle on something.
I never watch videos of games. I want to enjoy it all naturally. Lol. I trust it’ll be fine so not on the fence about the purchase so I let it ride.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Haven't seen it answered, if I buy this for xbox one, will it carry to the new xbox?

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

fsquid wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:50 pm
Haven't seen it answered, if I buy this for xbox one, will it carry to the new xbox?
It will, the real question you should ask, will there be for an additional cost.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

10spro wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:01 pm
fsquid wrote:
It will, the real question you should ask, will there be for an additional cost.
I'm thinking I may be a launch buyer, so I'd love to know the answer!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

All games currently made for the Xbox one will transfer to the Series X. That being said, NBA2K21 IS charging for the move to the Series X. That being said, I’d be shocked if 2K tried that with PGA. They don’t have the following NBA2K18 does.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

So funny, even after all these years how many games I have been on the fence about or not interested in, then I read what you all have to say and next thing I know I've pre-ordered.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

fsquid wrote:
This question was posed to HB Studios in a follow-up, Q & A on Reddit, and it went like this:

r/PGA_Tour_2K When the next-gen PlayStation and Xbox are released, will the game be updated for these next-gen consoles? If so, how will players be able to get these updates?

HB Studios: There will not be a bespoke version of the game for the new platforms but PGA TOUR 2K21 will support backward compatibility.

It sounds like at the very least, 2K21 will run on the Series X, at least to the degree of XBox One (S), backward compatibility. Most likely it will be will run 2K21 as if it were an XBox One X, since 2K21 carries the "XBox One X enhanced" tag on its catalog page. I'm going to be disappointed if HB Studios doesn't at least allow the Series X to run the game with the Vsync set to 60 Hz, while running it in XBox One X enhanced mode. There's no way the Series X shouldn't be able to run 2K21 at 60 FPS at 4K, if the One X is running at 30 FPS in 4K.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:14 am
JOZ wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:13 pm
I never watch videos of games. I want to enjoy it all naturally. Lol. I trust it’ll be fine so not on the fence about the purchase so I let it ride.
I watch sports game videos all the time because you never know what weird change will ruin a game.

Overall, I’m feeling good about this. And I really failed to get into the last two versions. But this feels like 2K putting their stamp on the game and filtering out a lot of jank that I could bet get past. So I have it preordered.

Thank God UFC 4 seems to have s*** the bed. I was considering giving it a shot because they seem to have made some smart moves. But it seems they also made a lot of dumb ones.

But UFC, PGA 2K, and Madden all dropping so close makes it expensive. No I will just wait for UFC 4 to hit the vault.

To much gaming coming right now. Also have Flight Simulator 2020 going this week.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:00 pm
fsquid wrote:
This question was posed to HB Studios in a follow-up, Q & A on Reddit, and it went like this:

r/PGA_Tour_2K When the next-gen PlayStation and Xbox are released, will the game be updated for these next-gen consoles? If so, how will players be able to get these updates?

HB Studios: There will not be a bespoke version of the game for the new platforms but PGA TOUR 2K21 will support backward compatibility.

It sounds like at the very least, 2K21 will run on the Series X, at least to the degree of XBox One (S), backward compatibility. Most likely it will be will run 2K21 as if it were an XBox One X, since 2K21 carries the "XBox One X enhanced" tag on its catalog page. I'm going to be disappointed if HB Studios doesn't at least allow the Series X to run the game with the Vsync set to 60 Hz, while running it in XBox One X enhanced mode. There's no way the Series X shouldn't be able to run 2K21 at 60 FPS at 4K, if the One X is running at 30 FPS in 4K.
At least for Xbox, everything will be BC. But hubbub is over whether you should get better assets and performance from the newer console for free. Publishers are going to fight this, because selling tweaked old games as “remasters” is not a bad revenue generator.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

sweet, I guess this is the last week of the old game? I know its the last week on the TGC Tour.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Aristo wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:07 pm
At least for Xbox, everything will be BC. But hubbub is over whether you should get better assets and performance from the newer console for free. Publishers are going to fight this, because selling tweaked old games as “remasters” is not a bad revenue generator.
I hadn't thought about the "remastered" angle with 2K21. Would 2K and HB Studios put a "Remastered" tag on a game in which all they did was go in and change the vsync from 30 to 60 Hz, to allow the game to run at 60 FPS on the Series X? They've already said they weren't going to have a bespoke version of 2K21 for the next-gen consoles, but would simply going in and lifting the 30 Hz vsync lock not potentially increase sales to Series X buyers?