PGA TOUR 2K21

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PGA TOUR 2K21

Post by J_Cauthen »

vader29 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:13 am
TIGER WOODS INKS LONG-TERM EXCLUSIVE DEAL WITH 2K
https://pgatour.2k.com/news/tiger-woods ... al-with-2k
8O... not only did they sign Tiger to a long term deal, HB Studios is now wholly owned by 2K. That likely means a game engine change, which I think has been needed, but how will it affect the user created course component of this series? I hope that users will at least be able to play as one of the licensed pros, including Tiger, as well as against them as animated AI players. This will be interesting to follow.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Not sure what happened with Tuesday's tournament. I set the main and alternate events last night and they were showing on our Society schedule, but this morning I called it up and today is vacant. I added an event at Eagle Glen today, but it I had to go through the process twice... the first time it told me that the event couldn't be created because it overlapped a current event (which it didn't). This isn't a new problem; it's bitten me numerous times before when trying to create an event on the current day. I went though the exact same process after getting the error message and it scheduled like it was supposed to... again, nothing new. I should have reported this as a bug long ago.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I just noticed a 1.37 GB update on the game. Any changes?

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

*doh*
GT = Wilk5280

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

10spro wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:14 pm
I just noticed a 1.37 GB update on the game. Any changes?
None that I can tell so far. I think they're going to add a new multiplayer option they're calling "Divot Derby". It will be introduced tomorrow featuring about three dozen notable community "influencers" that will be featured tomorrow. I'm guessing you'll be able to follow it on You Tube or Twitter? My guess is a big part of this update was to lay the groundwork for what they'll finish server side tomorrow.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Are you an influencer?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Sudz wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:50 am
Are you an influencer?
I must not be; I wasn't sent an invitation to be part of today's Divot Derby Gala. :)

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

My curiosity got the best of me and I checked in this AM to see if Divot Derby was available yet, and it was. I approached this from the perspective of a crotchety old fart with the mindset of, we don't need any more gimmicky game play. Well, I'm here to say (I
enjoyed it!
).

The objective is to get the ball in the hole the fastest. It doesn't matter how many strokes you take, so don't take a lot of time picking clubs, shaping shots, assessing wind, slopes, and elevations, load, aim, and fire! It starts of with 20 golfers and the slower finishers are eliminated in varying lots each hole. I made it to the next to the last hole in my effort and finished 4th overall. I made a double bogey on a par 3 hole, yet I was the first to finish the hole out 12 players!?

You have to play this game with a different mind set and it will take you some time not to mull over your shot. There was a sense of urgency about it that's not normally a part of golf. It was fun to have 20 people out there at once, but it also was already getting old by the time I finished. I can't see myself playing it everyday, but it has a peculiar appeal to it.

HB Studios did some work on the production qualities of it and the announcing was a key ingredient to selling the experience. It flowed without a hitch that I could see. One interesting thing is you can't fast-forward your shot. The pins are also in the hole for putting, which annoys me a bit. I didn't take the time to try to pull them out by hitting the X button, as minimizing button mashing time is key.

I can see where this mode would have some appeal to a lot of younger players though. Anything that helps sell the game, I'm all for it, as long as I still have my more simulation oriented options to go to.

That's all the crow pie I can eat today... over and out!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Will give it a try tonight. Speed golf is my style. 8)

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

So... How do get out of playing just the alternate events and back into the regular ones... Every day it says I haven't met the requirements... :(

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:13 pm
So... How do get out of playing just the alternate events and back into the regular ones... Every day it says I haven't met the requirements... :(
Hmmm... I see the dilemma now. To create an alternate event, it is required that a admission criteria be set for the main event, which right now is finish in the top 25 of the previous event. I thought that if you skipped an event, main or alternate, it would allow you to compete in the main event again. Let me go back in and look at the other two options for main event qualification to see if I can find a way to deal with it. The only way I know for sure would fix it would be to drop the entry requirement for the main event to "None". I'll check it and get back with whatever other option there might be. Gimme about 30 minutes on this and I'll come back with the options.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Okay here's what I've gathered... it seems like the only way this can be fixed is to create a daily tournament on Monday that has no entry requirements for the main event. I can't see a way to do this. The current entry requirement for the Main event is that you must have finished in the top 25 in the previous event. It would be more flexible if it read "Must have finished in the Top 25 in the last main event in which the golfer competed." Although this would make it unclear as to how one would then be eligible to play in the alternate event. I wish they'd just let you pick which event you wanted to play in with no restrictions.

I'll set a no entry requirements daily for Monday and this will allow you to get back in the main event. I added the alternate event to the weekly that Vader set up for this weekend, to give alternate event players an option to compete, but it looks like we probably should forego trying to run alternate events during the weekend tournament. This is preventing those who want to experiment with the alternate event's "Master" Swing difficulty / Swing Timing "None" option in the Dailies from doing so.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Thanks! Appreciate it!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

10spro wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:58 pm
Any thoughts on it yet James. I've probably played it a half dozen times now and still get a kick out of it, but by the time I'm finished, I'm ready to move on. I played one yesterday in which there were 8 humans in the mix. It's definitely more fun with fewer bots.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:20 pm
Thanks! Appreciate it!
Sorry for overlooking this when I set this up for the weekend. I did it late yesterday, right before the weekly started without weighing out the permutations of it. Vader's probably ready to revoke my Admin privileges at this point :)

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:51 am
10spro wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:58 pm
Any thoughts on it yet James. I've probably played it a half dozen times now and still get a kick out of it, but by the time I'm finished, I'm ready to move on. I played one yesterday in which there were 8 humans in the mix. It's definitely more fun with fewer bots.
I love the mode personally, very close to the way I play anyway. :) So far in 3 games i have 1 win, 1 second place and 1 third place. If there were more humans in the mix I'd have a hard time pulling myself away from it.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

J_Cauthen wrote: Any thoughts on it yet James. I've probably played it a half dozen times now and still get a kick out of it, but by the time I'm finished, I'm ready to move on. I played one yesterday in which there were 8 humans in the mix. It's definitely more fun with fewer bots.
Well, glad you asked John. See, I remember asking what the latest 1.37 GB update was all about a couple of weeks ago to which you replied it was probably about the latest online mode.

Well, maybe I am missing something but I don’t see Divot Derby anywhere. On YouTube videos I see a separate tab in between ‘My Player’ and ‘Play Now’ which is DD but after the update, I don’t see it in my game.

Strange. Am I missing something, because I know personally I would enjoy this mode very much.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

10spro wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:58 am
J_Cauthen wrote: Any thoughts on it yet James. I've probably played it a half dozen times now and still get a kick out of it, but by the time I'm finished, I'm ready to move on. I played one yesterday in which there were 8 humans in the mix. It's definitely more fun with fewer bots.
Well, glad you asked John. See, I remember asking what the latest 1.37 GB update was all about a couple of weeks ago to which you replied it was probably about the latest online mode.

Well, maybe I am missing something but I don’t see Divot Derby anywhere. On YouTube videos I see a separate tab in between ‘My Player’ and ‘Play Now’ which is DD but after the update, I don’t see it in my game.

Strange. Am I missing something, because I know personally I would enjoy this mode very much.
Did the same for me when the update came, the quick resume feature was holding it back, had to reboot the game and then the tab showed up.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Thanks vader. That did the trick. As predicted, I love the rush, have not won a tourney yet but did finish first in several hole-ins but finishing consistently in the top three is great too. A fun mode indeed.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I went back and added an alternate event for Tuesday's tournament (which actually starts tonight at 8:00 PM EST) at Charleston Municipal, a very nice real course recreation from Steven Roeland. It's set to Pro swing difficulty, but this is an easy course, so I think it's a good one to wade into Pro difficulty on.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Without going into specifics I made a decision to seriously upgrade my golf simulator at home. I know this is a bit off topic but where else would I put this?

I went with a Foresight launch monitor that I can use on my sim and take to the range, there best unit, then used them for the rest including laptop, screen , mat, software ect. It's a major investment at about 22k but I will use it every day and especially in the winter. There was an 8 week lead time so it ships today and I hope to get it set up in a temporary spot this weekend. If anyone is curious I will post some videos.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

You will love it. I LOVE my sim. Having it during this pandemic has been huge. I have a SkyTrak with an 8x12 impact screen, gaming laptop, Fiberbuilt mat. It Definitely is an investment but it’s worth it if you are going to use it. Over the last 5 years I have gone from a fairly basic setup to pretty damn nice one. I am hoping to update my launch monitor to a Uneekor in the next year. Follow Jay at Golfsimulatorvideos on YouTube. Great dude.

Here is a video of me at Pebble Beach a few months back.

XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:42 pm
Without going into specifics I made a decision to seriously upgrade my golf simulator at home. I know this is a bit off topic but where else would I put this?

I went with a Foresight launch monitor that I can use on my sim and take to the range, there best unit, then used them for the rest including laptop, screen , mat, software ect. It's a major investment at about 22k but I will use it every day and especially in the winter. There was an 8 week lead time so it ships today and I hope to get it set up in a temporary spot this weekend. If anyone is curious I will post some videos.
I'm definitely interested in this Dan and I'd love to see some videos once you get it going. I've seen nothing of the Foresight launch monitor in action, but I'd like to know what its pros and cons are. Can I say I'm a bit jealous? :)

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:19 pm
You will love it. I LOVE my sim. Having it during this pandemic has been huge. I have a SkyTrak with an 8x12 impact screen, gaming laptop, Fiberbuilt mat. It Definitely is an investment but it’s worth it if you are going to use it. Over the last 5 years I have gone from a fairly basic setup to pretty damn nice one. I am hoping to update my launch monitor to a Uneekor in the next year. Follow Jay at Golfsimulatorvideos on YouTube. Great dude.

Here is a video of me at Pebble Beach a few months back.

It looks like you've got enough room where your's is setup to where you wouldn't feel any restriction. I couldn't see much overhead, but how high is your ceiling/overhead in your garage? At what resolution are the graphics displayed when you're playing the game... is it 1080p? That would be fine with me, I just don't know if any sacrifices are made on launch monitors for this.

I may have asked you this before, but does the delay between the time you hit the shot and it's actual depiction on the screen make it feel less connected? It seems like there's about a three or four second delay there. Finally, how does the putting feel with the Skytrack? I've read other reports that say the putting actually has more feel and acuity on the Skytrack than it does on the Trackman.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:28 am
I'm definitely interested in this Dan and I'd love to see some videos once you get it going. I've seen nothing of the Foresight launch monitor in action, but I'd like to know what its pros and cons are. Can I say I'm a bit jealous? :)
I'm going to want to set it up ASAP but the reality is I need some work done in my garage to convert it to a 12 month a year simulator / practice area and the guys didn't want to start anything until I had the equipment.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation