PGA TOUR 2K21

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PGA TOUR 2K21

Post by Diablo25 »

Even with the Scout Cam on but Book Only you cant see any precise yardages when you pan ahead. Pretty cool setting for Scout Cam.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:36 pm
I added someone names Broomer is that you Dan?

Todays daily is at Caramel Creek which is a great course to score on. Hope everyone enjoys it.
Dan, Broomer is an acquaintance of mine from the official HB Forum. I'd have given him a head's up to join the forum if I'd known he was going to apply. I know you've got a blurb in the "About Us" box on the Society's home page on Steam, indicating that it's a Society for DSP Members, but it sort of gets lost in all the space in that box. I suggested he apply for membership here and am awaiting his reply, so I can alert Jared to approve his request. He'd be a welcome addition to our Society.

I would have sent you a message about this yesterday, but I was gone most of the day and didn't get back home until late last night. I wasn't aware Broomer had applied until this morning.
Last edited by J_Cauthen on Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:57 am
Danimal wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:36 pm
I added someone names Broomer is that you Dan?

Todays daily is at Caramel Creek which is a great course to score on. Hope everyone enjoys it.
Dan, Broomer is an acquaintance of mine from the official HB Forum. I'd have given him a head's up to join the forum if I'd known he was going to apply. I know you've got a blurb in the "About Us" box on the Society's home page on Steam, indicating that it's a Society for DSP Members, but it sort of gets lost in all the space in that box. I suggested he apply for membership here and am awaiting his reply, so I can alert Jared to approve his request. He'd be a welcome addition to our Society.
BTW, I'm +31 through 2 rounds in the XBox One Society tournament at East Lake, I haven't teed off in the PC society yet, but I dang sure hope I can do better than that it! What's the swing difficulty set to in the PC Society at East Lake?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

vader29 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:02 pm
Played all 4 rounds at East Lake and finished +68, my meters were off. Changed the Society defaults to pro am with no meters and set up a 1 round test when this event is done using those settings to see if they stick.
I'm +31 through 36 holes, but one of those rounds was post patch late last night. I'm pretty sure I should have done a new Swing Calibration after installing the patch. The swing felt different. Hopefully the Society settings will be more manageable after the patch. I have to swallow my prided to say this, but right now, Pro-Am is the best fit form my current skill set, at least in terms of swing difficulty.

What are people's thoughts on the swing meters? Should they be locked to OFF, locked to ON, or open to whatever the user wants? I know that theoretically they are considered an aid, but I find them to be a hindrance. I wouldn't have a problem with this swing meter setting being Open, as it's a choice that's going to come down to preference rather than difficulty.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:43 am
What are people's thoughts on the swing meters? Should they be locked to OFF, locked to ON, or open to whatever the user wants? I know that theoretically they are considered an aid, but I find them to be a hindrance. I wouldn't have a problem with this swing meter setting being Open, as it's a choice that's going to come down to preference rather than difficulty.
I am with you John, personally I find it more of a distraction than an aid. Personally, I don’t want any aid, in fact as we all get better it would be cool to set a couple of dailies in the future with the aerial cam on only as Diablo was describing above, while staying on Pro-Am. Do you know what the update fixes or not?

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I find the meter helpful in putting, but it's (mostly) irrelevant for regular shots.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Well crap I banned him because I didn't know, sorry about that. He needs to send another join request.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

10spro wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:56 am
J_Cauthen wrote:
I am with you John, personally I find it more of a distraction than an aid. Personally, I don’t want any aid, in fact as we all get better it would be cool to set a couple of dailies in the future with the aerial cam on only as Diablo was describing above, while staying on Pro-Am. Do you know what the update fixes or not?
Here's what they list under the patch notes:

Addressed reported concerns around stability in various menus, gameplay scenarios, and the course designer
Addressed reported concerns in multiplayer including XP rewards, and putt previews
Addressed reported concerns in Online Societies where some event restrictions were not being enforced
Addressed reported concerns to improve server stability and responsiveness
General optimizations

A lot of broad statements, so it's hard to nail it down. Some PS4 owners say it eliminated the freezing and stammering putter backswing animations. I'll have to play at least three or four rounds to come to a conclusion.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
I don't agree that the meters don't effect difficulty, I think they make putting much easier.

I find meters to be a HINDRANCE from the tee to the approach. Totally mess up my rhythm. That said, I view them as a clear aid on the green. Relying on the haptic feedback without the meter produces more "yip" shots where you push forward too soon, and prevent those putts that go too long. My vote would be to lock them off altogether, with "Open" being the second pick.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

No way around it, East Lake is a bear of a course. I had 6 birdies in the first round on the PC but my finally score was only -2. The course is tight so wayward tee shots are disaster and a number of times I hit the fairway and still ended up in the rough. I forget which hole but I had a 354 yard drive that was too good and I ended up in the rough.

I agree with Dan the meters make the putting way too easy which is why I have the default to percentage only.
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:35 pm
J_Cauthen wrote:
Dan, Broomer is an acquaintance of mine from the official HB Forum. I'd (Edit: I should say I've now given) given him a head's up to join the forum if I'd known he was going to apply. I know you've got a blurb in the "About Us" box on the Society's home page on Steam, indicating that it's a Society for DSP Members, but it sort of gets lost in all the space in that box. I suggested he apply for membership here and am awaiting his reply, so I can alert Jared to approve his request. He'd be a welcome addition to our Society.
Well crap I banned him because I didn't know, sorry about that. He needs to send another join request.
No problem, but let me clear up one thing I said above that upon second reading doesn't look right. When I said "I'd given him a heads-up, I should have said "I've now given him a heads-up", this morning. I had not given him a heads-up to that fact previously. I'll let him know to apply again... thanks!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:41 pm
I don't agree that the meters don't effect difficulty, I think they make putting much easier.
The putting meter hurts me because when it's on, and I try to use it, I'm so keen on hitting the mark on the backswing that I push the putt because I can't make myself think "stroke". I mean every stinking putt misses right due to a push that I can't get around for some reason. If the putting meter is on and I'm just watching the putter head, I still pick up the meter movement and it splits my attention. I don't tend to push the putts, but I can't factor out that meter movement and my distance varies wildly, even though I'm only trying to rely on on the putterhead movement.

I use the haptic feedback in the practice stroke to see where the putter head is in the backswing animation when it vibrates, and then I'll stive to reach at point visibly on my actual stroke.
I find meters to be a HINDRANCE from the tee to the approach. Totally mess up my rhythm. That said, I view them as a clear aid on the green. Relying on the haptic feedback without the meter produces more "yip" shots where you push forward too soon, and prevent those putts that go too long. My vote would be to lock them off altogether, with "Open" being the second pick.
They (swing meters) mess me up almost as bad on the full shot as putting for the rhythm as well. I'd be find with locking them both off altogether as that's how I have them set in my own local play preferences. I personally would consider it an advantage for someone else if they were on because when they're on, I play worse. I also know that is only going to be the case for what I imagine would be a minority. With that said, "Open" would be my second choice.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Walkman32 wants to join the group...he is one of my twitter buddies so if you get a request from him, allow it!
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Zlax45 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:12 pm
Walkman32 wants to join the group...he is one of my twitter buddies so if you get a request from him, allow it!
On the XBox One side? Ask him to join our forum and I'll alert Jared to be on the lookout for his application to approve it.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

The patch finally dropped for the XB1 today.

I just played my first career tournament post-patch and while the patch notes didn't say anything specific about swing timing, my swing on PRO difficulty was way more consistent with none of the WTH?! moments like I was having before. Made 65% FIR, where before my average was around 55%.

Finished 3rd in the Green Hill Classic at pearl Mountain Golf Club. (-8 over 2 rounds). My first top 10 (or top 5) finish of the first season.... Beautiful course by the way.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Well, I had not played with the meter off, and I had to quit out, because there was no way I was going to manage it without some practice. And for putting, in particular, it will take a lot more practice to pull off without a meter. But I don't mind going with whatever the settings that are suggested by those that have played this more.

But I need a lot more time to practice if the meters are off. It wasn't fun, and my score would have been irrelevant. I can play without the meter, although it didn't bother me. Especially in the first few weeks, I like to see exactly what my corrections are doing. But I wouldn't want difficulty dumbed down for me, I'd rather target that difficulty myself.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Can't change the current event but set the rest to open for meters which means you should be able to choose what you want.

My great 1st round at East Lake went to s*** 68 - 80 - 80 - 80.

LOL this game.
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:34 pm
The patch finally dropped for the XB1 today.

I just played my first career tournament post-patch and while the patch notes didn't say anything specific about swing timing, my swing on PRO difficulty was way more consistent with none of the WTH?! moments like I was having before. Made 65% FIR, where before my average was around 55%.

Finished 3rd in the Green Hill Classic at pearl Mountain Golf Club. (-8 over 2 rounds). My first top 10 (or top 5) finish of the first season.... Beautiful course by the way.
Post patch I've shot 83 and 88 in Pro difficulty in our tournament at East Lake. I'm finding the game play more difficult now, all the way around. The putting is giving me the most trouble, and mostly in leaving short to medium range putts well short of the hole. I had a 3-putt from 18" earlier today!? :oops: I'm going to try a round with my stock controller next and let the Elite 2 sit on the bench for a while!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:16 pm
Can't change the current event but set the rest to open for meters which means you should be able to choose what you want.

LOL this game.
That 68 you posted poured more salt into my wounds, as I was watching it unfold while I was posting an 89. I missed one fairway by 71 yards! I had no clue what I was doing out there today on either the XBox One or the PC versions of this game. 83, 88, and 89s posted by moi' across the two. :oops:

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:16 pm
Zlax45 wrote:
On the XBox One side? Ask him to join our forum and I'll alert Jared to be on the lookout for his application to approve it.
Yea the Xbox side...he said he just registered here and sent his invite to the society

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Zlax45 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:52 pm
J_Cauthen wrote:
Zlax45 wrote:
Yea the Xbox side...he said he just registered here and sent his invite to the society
I accepted him and Rob Varac tonight. I might need to boot myself from the DSP Society after my +69 finish over 72 holes at East Lake. I shot a freakin' 90 in the final round!? The patch is giving me a fit!

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:39 pm
Zlax45 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:52 pm
J_Cauthen wrote:

I accepted him and Rob Varac tonight. I might need to boot myself from the DSP Society after my +69 finish over 72 holes at East Lake. I shot a freakin' 90 in the final round!? The patch is giving me a fit!
He ended up playing and said it was too tough for him...so he bounced! I tried to add a new guy! Sorry.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Danimal wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:16 pm

LOL this game.
If you see an request from NoahW2002 or something like that, that’s my son. He’s in college and has been playing quite a bit over the last week.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Shot +17 on the front nine at East Lake so I am out of this mess! RAGE QUITTING!

I can't even come close to hitting a fairway and all I get is VERY SLOW slice

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

I am + 35 after 3 rounds on the PC tourney.

I am easily losing at least 10 strokes per round because of the short game. It is so difficult to gauge the power on putts and chips without the meter.

I am still having fun, but there are some frustrating moments, especially when I 4 putt from 11 feet out.