PGA TOUR 2K21

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PGA TOUR 2K21

Post by 10spro »

Just shot a +6 in the first round. :evil: My chips kept missing the flag by inches and then sailing by a long bunch. Just struggling lately everywhere...

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:51 pm
MERACE wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:58 pm
Normally, I do not play practice rounds before a society tournament event. However, I did so today on Country Club of Jackson.

I’m seeing more and more courses with ridiculous hole locations on or very near yellow grid lines. According to the USGA there should be at least 3 feet of level ground around the hole.

Hole 8 is on top of yellow grid lines and is a prime example of where not to place a hole on the green. 😡
I can attest to findings... I 4-putted the 8th hole, and it was either the 10th or 11th that was almost as bad as that pin placement, that I 4-putted again. There are places where the designer could have put those pins that would have been far more in line with USGA and PGA guidelines. It's a nice looking course, but pin placements like those two don't leave an overall favorable impression. At least it plays the same for everyone playing the course.
The over-exaggerated greens and terrible pin placements pretty much ruined a fairly nice course. At least with this game, your punishment isn't as extreme when you miss a putt on a slope. 2019's fast greens were ice.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

10spro wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:04 am
Just shot a +6 in the first round. :evil: My chips kept missing the flag by inches and then sailing by a long bunch. Just struggling lately everywhere...
That was not a fun round. Sloggy, sloppy, wet, mess.... had a couple lucky putts, or I coulda been at +6 as well, but finished +2. Greens are very difficult...

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

I have given this game plenty of run, and I'm just going to put it away for a little.

Either the game is broken or I am, and it's not worth my banging my head against the wall to figure out which is which.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

RobVarak wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:59 pm
I have given this game plenty of run, and I'm just going to put it away for a little.

Either the game is broken or I am, and it's not worth my banging my head against the wall to figure out which is which.
At what difficulty level are you playing the game? I'm still finding Pro-Am to be the best fit for me. If I had to play this game on Master difficulty, I'd have quit five weeks ago.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Pro-Am definitely seems to be the most fun.

Every time I try to switch to Pro, it loses the fun factor to me due to the randomness of the swing timing. I never feel like I have any control.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

JOZ wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:48 pm

Every time I try to switch to Pro, it loses the fun factor to me due to the randomness of the swing timing. I never feel like I have any control.
There's a big change in my tempo results between Pro-Am and Pro, especially on the XBox One version. I can come in under par on occasion playing Pro on the PC version, but there's only been a couple of times where I can do it on the XBox One X. In my case it's down to the 30 Vs 60 FPS between the two.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:33 pm
JOZ wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:48 pm

There's a big change in my tempo results between Pro-Am and Pro, especially on the XBox One version. I can come in under par on occasion playing Pro on the PC version, but there's only been a couple of times where I can do it on the XBox One X. In my case it's down to the 30 Vs 60 FPS between the two.
Can’t wait for the series X to fix this.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Playing on Pro-Am. I started on Pro bc I've played plenty of TGC over the last few years, and it was a bloodbath. But even on Pro-Am I've got crazy swing tempo issues and wild, and honestly seemingly random, putting inconsistency.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Post by Greensboronclion »

Pro Am is the most fun way to play and still difficult. Pro can be brutal if your off a little and forget Master clubs as that is just ridiculous.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Joz, way to dominate this weekend. I posted a 61 for my final round, but still finished 7 strokes behind you.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Thanks. I was planning on playing two rounds Thursday night, but got in a little bit of a groove and finished it up.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Man the pin locations on these greens was borderline ridiculous on some of the holes. Number 11 was an especially difficult par 4 that I failed to reach in 2 all four rounds.
GT = Wilk5280

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:59 pm
Man the pin locations on these greens was borderline ridiculous on some of the holes. Number 11 was an especially difficult par 4 that I failed to reach in 2 all four rounds.
Yep. Not fun
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:45 pm
Joz, way to dominate this weekend. I posted a 61 for my final round, but still finished 7 strokes behind you.
I played the last round with your and Joz's ghosts... you both have incredible short and putting games. I couldn't believe the number of long putts you both sank in that final round. A 61 on that course, with those inhumane pin placements in round four is an accomplishment you should be proud of. Joz wasn't far behind you in draining the putts either... it was quite a show to witness! Meanwhile, I was laying down 5 3-putt greens, yet still managed to shoot 70.

I wound up rating that course a 3 star. It had the looks of a 4 star, or better course, but those ridiculous pin placements, at least three in every round, left me with a sour overall impression.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:59 pm
We should form a club, I failed to reach it in all four rounds also. I was in the heavy rough to the left, every freakin' time! Even though I had an open shot to the green in three of those rounds, I'm not going to carry a 3-iron, 215 yards, from an 82% or less lie.

I'm curious, have any of you who are playing this game on the XBox One, or X been able to try it out on a PC that can sustain 50 FPS, or more? I'd like to know your thoughts on it if you have. I swear... it's a different game! It's so much easier for me to manage my tempo on the PC version and the overall feel is considerably more visceral. I'm on a personal crusade to get HB Studios to at least provide and option to unlock the vsync as part of an update prior to the release of the Series X. IMO, it would be almost like getting a new game, and one that we'd be scratching our heads over a lot less!

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:15 pm
I'm curious, have any of you who are playing this game on the XBox One, or X been able to try it out on a PC that can sustain 50 FPS, or more?
Nope, have not. Not planning on getting the new XBOX until next year either....

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Is there a consensus on what the best clubs are? Might be time for me to purchase some
GT = Wilk5280

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Damn good round at Ayers Db. You and Wilk killed it.

Just curious, did any of you notice any slight performance issues on this course? Nothing close to hurting gameplay, but perhaps a couple small frame rate issues? I'm playing on the One X and noticed it. A little disappointing. Hopefully these are completely gone on the next gen hardware.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

JOZ wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:58 pm

Just curious, did any of you notice any slight performance issues on this course? Nothing close to hurting gameplay, but perhaps a couple small frame rate issues? I'm playing on the One X and noticed it. A little disappointing. Hopefully these are completely gone on the next gen hardware.
I did noticed a couple of hiccups as I was about to hit the ball, but it was still a much better course today than the weekend event.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Didn’t notice any performance issues in today’s round. Obviously. Lol.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Yea, I don't think I've had any issues with performance hurting gameplay. What I have seen has been minimal. I was just wondering if anybody else noticed since there are also times my xbox sounds like it is about to take off from the shelf.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:59 am
Didn’t notice any performance issues in today’s round. Obviously. Lol.
Same! By far the best round I've played online or in my offline PGA Tour career. I really liked the way I was able to stick the greens on this course, even with long irons. Just kind of felt like I was throwing darts.
GT = Wilk5280

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:47 am
Is there a consensus on what the best clubs are? Might be time for me to purchase some
Probably the best thing you could do is just look at what's in Joz's bag and copy it! :) I've got the second tier of HB Studios irons, the ones that have a 3-iron that carries 201 yards, in my bag and the 245 yard 3-wood and 220 yard 5-wood. I should be playing the forgiving Callaway driver that carries 275 yards, but I find that I don't hit that many more fairways with it than I do the Bridgestone that carries 295!?

I use the default HB Studios putter because it's the only one that looks like it's being held at the proper height above the green. The rest are held so high that they sometimes block my view of the ball in front of it. :?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

JOZ wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:58 pm

Db and Wilk had tremendous rounds at Ayers! I played along with both of their ghost balls in tow during my round, and they were draining putts at the same frequency with which you normally do :wink:

I had a couple of occasions where I noticed hesitation during the backswing, but I've gotten to where I can abort those on the XBox One X version of the game and reset. It's almost gotten to the point where I think it's best to take a waggle or two to preclude the stuttering backswing on the XBox One side.