PGA TOUR 2K21

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

DoGgs
Mario Mendoza

Re: PGA TOUR 2K21

Post by DoGgs »

Just published a new course fellas...

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

DoGgs wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:26 am
Thanks for the heads-up on that DoGgs (FluidDruid). I'll put that on my playlist for today... we might see Rozzer Ranch in a DSP Daily next week.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:01 am
I dunno, I've played a TON of this game since release, mostly on Pro settings - I think I'm over level 80 now? Anyway, with all the practice on Pro, hitting fairways on semi-pro is pretty easy at this point. And the greens on this course were pretty straightforward, so plenty of chances for scoring... :)
Dang it... I thought this tournament was being played with Pro Swing difficulty, and I had moved up to hitting 40% of these slender fairways in Pro :? To find that I'm struggling to break par in Pro-Am kinda helps illustrate where I am on the 2K21 food chain right now :oops: :)

You're over level 80 now!? I just reached 40 yesterday. I'm splitting time between the PC and XBox One versions though, which I'm not sure where I stand on it right now. I know it's not helping me any to switch back and forth between the two versions, but I can't avoid the temptation to play the game at an average of 55 FPS.

You're right about the greens on this course... they don't come close to matching the undulating nature of Winged Foot's greens. You'd have to use LiDAR to capture them properly. I'd love to see TheCLV24 (check out his Merion Tour course RCR) have a go at Winged Foot. It would be a classic!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

DoGgs wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:26 am
DoGgs, I've just played the front 9 at Rozzer Ranch... my gawd man; this might be your finest course ever 8O The splash screen you have for it above has to be a bit stylized, as it doesn't fully represent the real look of the course. I know I fell in love with it from the first tee on! I then wanted to rage quit when you lured my into trying to fade a Bridgestone driver around the dogleg on #4, in an attempt to reach the 279 yard, par 4 hole from the tee.
I forgot how limited my shotshaping and forgiveness is with that club. I didn't look at my course book hard enough to identify the OB to the left of the bend there, and I probably don't have to tell you where my tee shot ended up :lol: It really is a great hole, but guys, leave your driver in your bag on this hole, trust me!

Oh, on the 7th hole, make sure you guys who are playing this use the zoom to hole button on the tee, just to get a perspective for who well this hole fits into the surroundings there. I can't remember playing a course where I paid as much attention to the periphery and panorama as I do playing this one. On to the back 9... I'm +2 at the turn.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:58 am
JOZ wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:21 pm
Damn Lead, a 58! You dog :D
Dude... I totally thought I horked my chances with my terrible 3rd round. So truly, I set about just to get my 4th round over with. But then the birdies started falling, one after another. And somehow I ended up tied with you heading to the final hole. When I dropped that bird on the final hole to take the lead I must admit I was pretty excited. That was fun. Just too bad the course was so ... blah...
I thought I was sitting decent with a -25. I saw your -26 and thought "Man, he got me!". Then I saw that 74 followed by that 58 and thought "Sh&#t, I bet he was pumped!" :D

It's fun when you are in the mix going into the last few holes, even better when you didn't think you had a chance and shoot a low score to possibly take it.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

JOZ wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:12 pm
I thought I was sitting decent with a -25. I saw your -26 and thought "Man, he got me!". Then I saw that 74 followed by that 58 and thought "Sh&#t, I bet he was pumped!" :D

It's fun when you are in the mix going into the last few holes, even better when you didn't think you had a chance and shoot a low score to possibly take it.
Yep, I was. :) You are often out of my sights, so it was gratifying for sure. :)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Well, congrats on your fine gameplay for both of you Leadfoot & Joz. I have yet to finish round 4 but I am so far behind especially after my disastrous round 3. I probably hit 35% of the fairways so far, it’s been more beach play and scrambling from the roughs than anything else. My score so far reflects more of what’s going on currently in the actual tournament where breaking par would be a feat.

Will grind on and expect to continue to struggle as I can’t nail the fairway with my fast swing.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

I really enjoyed Rozzer Ranch. Beautiful course. #4 ate me up for a quad bogey. Tried to go with a driver and pulled it out of bounds. That was the start of a bad hole. Ended up getting within a shot of Leadfoot at the end. Almost had a mini Leadfoot moment from this weekend. Went from thinking I blew it on the 4th to almost coming back.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

JOZ wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:11 pm
I really enjoyed Rozzer Ranch. Beautiful course. #4 ate me up for a quad bogey. Tried to go with a driver and pulled it out of bounds. That was the start of a bad hole. Ended up getting within a shot of Leadfoot at the end. Almost had a mini Leadfoot moment from this weekend. Went from thinking I blew it on the 4th to almost coming back.
LOL! Sorry about that quad spoiling your round, that stinks and I know the feeling well.

I agree, beautiful course!!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

JOZ wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:11 pm
I double bogeyed #4 the first time I played it in a practice round, after severely hooking the tee shot with a driver. I swore I'd take a fairway wood off the tee the next time I played it and today I did. I took a 4-wood and I'll be darned if I didn't hook it into the woods. I hit a tree with my second shot and put myself another almost stymied shot for my third. I couldn't punch a shot low enough to avoid the limbs and I was still 24 yards from the pin in the heavy rough. I managed to get up and down from there for a bogey. I'm 3 over par for life on that "easy" little 279 yard par 4 hole! :oops: :)

DoGgs
Mario Mendoza

Post by DoGgs »

Haha that little hole is causing so much pain, there is no real benefit going for the green unless you have a headwind, i think i laid up and took a pitch for bird, not sure if i did bird, may have only made par.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

DoGgs wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:53 am
Haha that little hole is causing so much pain, there is no real benefit going for the green unless you have a headwind, i think i laid up and took a pitch for bird, not sure if i did bird, may have only made par.
That temptation was there was sure. I believe I took my time too to decide between clubs and decided to go with the 3 wood, only to see the ball still bounce left and eventually out of bounds. One of those courses where you could score well yet a wrong club decision could easily set you back.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Current tournament course is the devil.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

No doubt! I doubled the first par 5 because my approach was a little long and rolled off the back side of the green. Then my 4th shot chip rolled on past the cup and off the front side of the green. Next chip came up short of the cup and rolled back to me. Ugh!

+5 on the front, -2 on the back
GT = Wilk5280

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:51 pm
No doubt! I doubled the first par 5 because my approach was a little long and rolled off the back side of the green. Then my 4th shot chip rolled on past the cup and off the front side of the green. Next chip came up short of the cup and rolled back to me. Ugh!

Great score!!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Sat at +1 or +2 the entire round...until 18 where I bogey'd missing a par but after lipping out. Finished +3. Ugh. Butthole puckered on 18 I guess.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:03 pm
Sat at +1 or +2 the entire round...until 18 where I bogey'd missing a par but after lipping out. Finished +3. Ugh. Butthole puckered on 18 I guess.
I've been playing terribly in 2K21, and when I called up this tournament and saw that both leaders were +5 at the time (it never tells you through what hole though), I thought I was in for it. I played surprisingly well, given the difficulty of the course, and finished +3. Some of the pin placements were questionable, especially for pin set 1. I enjoyed the challenge of it, but next time I play it will be with green speed set to medium and a different pin set.

I just wish I could develop a reliable putting stroke for this game. I tend to push right to left breakers, subconsciously trying to 'help' them stay above the hole, then I tend to pull 3 to 8 foot putts by getting too quick with my forestroke on the XBox One X; I don't have the latter problem on the PC vesion, where the putting stroke is smoother. I really hope Microsoft or HB Studios is going to create a way to enable Series X owners to play this game at 60 FPS, but all they've gone on record with officially is it will be backward compatible.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:51 pm

Must have gotten mixed up with a round in my offline career, because just noticed I shot +5. eh
GT = Wilk5280

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The Quincy weekender is scheduled til the 27th but it’s only a two rounder for those that haven’t played it yet.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I was a half hour late getting Monday's Daily (that actually starts today at 8:30 PM EDT) posted. It's up now and ready for play. This one's at Trent Park G.C. London.

DoGgs
Mario Mendoza

Post by DoGgs »

Could only manage 2 rounds at the last course, not my favourite course to date, seems to be so many of those coastal bumpy courses about, like the whiskey dunes courses, never liked them either. I do struggle to play 4 rounds at any course, i lose interest after 2 rounds be it good or bad lol.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

DoGgs wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:59 am
Could only manage 2 rounds at the last course, not my favourite course to date, seems to be so many of those coastal bumpy courses about, like the whiskey dunes courses, never liked them either. I do struggle to play 4 rounds at any course, i lose interest after 2 rounds be it good or bad lol.
DoGgs, are you speaking of the PC Society tournament? The XBox One Society tournament was at Quincy Downs, and was only a 2 rounders, over four days. There are times when a four rounder gets a little long, unless I really like the course and/or the conditions are changed significantly enough from round to round to give the course multiple looks and challenges.

DoGgs
Mario Mendoza

Post by DoGgs »

PC event, I assume it was 4 rounds because it took me to rnd 3 where i stopped playing, i may have played on if it was a fun course....it wasn't lol

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

Normally, I do not play practice rounds before a society tournament event. However, I did so today on Country Club of Jackson.

I’m seeing more and more courses with ridiculous hole locations on or very near yellow grid lines. According to the USGA there should be at least 3 feet of level ground around the hole.

Hole 8 is on top of yellow grid lines and is a prime example of where not to place a hole on the green. 😡

-MERACE

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

MERACE wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:58 pm
Normally, I do not play practice rounds before a society tournament event. However, I did so today on Country Club of Jackson.

I’m seeing more and more courses with ridiculous hole locations on or very near yellow grid lines. According to the USGA there should be at least 3 feet of level ground around the hole.

Hole 8 is on top of yellow grid lines and is a prime example of where not to place a hole on the green. 😡
I can attest to findings... I 4-putted the 8th hole, and it was either the 10th or 11th that was almost as bad as that pin placement, that I 4-putted again. There are places where the designer could have put those pins that would have been far more in line with USGA and PGA guidelines. It's a nice looking course, but pin placements like those two don't leave an overall favorable impression. At least it plays the same for everyone playing the course.