PGA TOUR 2K21

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Re: PGA TOUR 2K21

Post by Greensboronclion »

So ways to play this game and have been seeing many different types of setups and that is where this game shines. I can finally say I can semi able control the ball with Pro but when I say that I still average about 75 which is tough pill to swallow. To me Pro-Am without meters just percentages is the most fun to play and let's you score a little but still not ridiculous. If we go Pro it's almost best to have the meter especially for putting and if putting only meter it would be livable. Master clubs just shoot me and put me out of my misery. I will start playing with this weekend's event as I now have some cash to play and more clubs than I know what to do with. This game is consuming a lot of my time and loving it so far.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

My -7 second round which included a double and 2 bogey wasn't enough to catch Broomer who was a -13 overall at Victory Village. Looks like only 3 of us completing the tournament at this point.

-7 is the best I've shot on Pro with no meters so I'll take it.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

Danimal wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:17 pm
My -7 second round which included a double and 2 bogey wasn't enough to catch Broomer who was a -13 overall at Victory Village. Looks like only 3 of us completing the tournament at this point.

I finished even par for my two rounds tonight. I cannot thank you enough for adding the meters back. It has made a huge difference on my short game.

I just need to get better at hitting fairways and greens. I had to seriously scramble over those two rounds. if it wasn't for my improved short game due to the meters, I would have probably shot 30 over.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pigpen81 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:18 am
I cannot thank you enough for adding the meters back. It has made a huge difference on my short game.
I have them set to open but I've been doing it on an event by event basis so I need to change that in the society defaults. I don't use them I play worse with them on :)
Follow Me on:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

You guys know me and my anal retentiveness about multiple threads for a game/subject/etc. but in this case it's warranted. We should probably have a separate PC game/society thread - because it's confusing as all hell reading this thread with everyone going back and forth between systems. Just me?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:40 am
You guys know me and my anal retentiveness about multiple threads for a game/subject/etc. but in this case it's warranted. We should probably have a separate PC game/society thread - because it's confusing as all hell reading this thread with everyone going back and forth between systems. Just me?
There are like 7 guys in the PC society and 2 of them aren't even on DSP so not sure a new thread is needed but it doesn't matter to me.
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Greensboronclion wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:24 pm
So ways to play this game and have been seeing many different types of setups and that is where this game shines. I can finally say I can semi able control the ball with Pro but when I say that I still average about 75 which is tough pill to swallow. To me Pro-Am without meters just percentages is the most fun to play and let's you score a little but still not ridiculous. If we go Pro it's almost best to have the meter especially for putting and if putting only meter it would be livable. Master clubs just shoot me and put me out of my misery. I will start playing with this weekend's event as I now have some cash to play and more clubs than I know what to do with. This game is consuming a lot of my time and loving it so far.
Pro-Am without meters is the best fit for me right now. I probably average par, or slightly under par using that combo. I shot 75 and 76 at Victory Village, but each round featured a blow up hole, where I had 4-putt greens. I was surprised that I was able to shoot the 75 and 76 in Pro difficulty overall. I had just played a round on the XBox One X version just prior to playing them, which sours my timing a bit, but I do better going from the One X to the PC than vice versa.

Master clubs? :D I'm trying to play in a no-aids, no-grids Master difficulty tournament right now on the XBox One X, and I was 56 over par after two rounds! I made four pars in round 2 and was proud of it!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:

Great scoring on Pro! I do have a 65 under my belt in Pro at Pearl Mountain, but I've only broken par one other time on Pro. I'd say we'd get more participation in the PC Society if we tried Pro-Am. That seems to appeal to a larger denominator.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
I agree, it would keep people (like me mostly who constantly go back and forth between them) from having to put that qualifier in there every time. It would also help with the focus on Society tournament talk. I'll start a thread on the PC version since I'm probably the leading contributor to the cross-talk unless there are other objections to it.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:29 pm
There are like 7 guys in the PC society and 2 of them aren't even on DSP so not sure a new thread is needed but it doesn't matter to me.
I think FluidDruid is in the process of registering here... I'll follow up on that.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

pigpen81 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:18 am
Danimal wrote:

I finished even par for my two rounds tonight. I cannot thank you enough for adding the meters back. It has made a huge difference on my short game.

I just need to get better at hitting fairways and greens. I had to seriously scramble over those two rounds. if it wasn't for my improved short game due to the meters, I would have probably shot 30 over.
I think Open distance control (Swing) meters seems to be the way to go. On paper they're considered an advantage, but to me they're a distractor. I score better with them off, so I have no objection to allowing those who like them to use them. I'm the one making the choice not to use them, so I certainly can't complain about them.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Nope, not just you. :)
GT = Wilk5280

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:19 pm
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Nope, not just you. :)
One more vote for a dedicated PC version thread and I'll start one... my finger is hovering over the "New Topic" button as I type this! :)

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

I agree. Separate PGA 2K1 PC thread.

You XBoners can go to h***. :)

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

pigpen81 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:58 pm
I agree. Separate PGA 2K1 PC thread.
Okay, it's done!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17096

You XBoners can go to h***. :)
[/quote]

Yeah... git some XBoners! :twisted: Wuh-whu wait a minute... I'm one too! :lol:

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Shot even par for the 1st round of this weekends 4 rounder and had 7 birdies, so that should tell you how my day went lol
GT = Wilk5280

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Wasn't a fan of that 4 day course. The fairways were hilariously narrow. I wish the game would only show the leaderboard for that day instead of everyone's 4 day total. It's kinda disheartening to see someone shot -33 for the entire tourney before you even take a swing.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

We have a hotly contested tournament going on right now at Salt Creek Golf Club (beautiful course by Matt Rose, BTW). Leadfoot, Joz (Major Bubs), and myself are all tied for the lead as I left, but ddtrane was on the course behind us and hot on our trail. Don't miss this course; Matt Rose is a master at blending and balancing textures and Salt Creek might be one of his finest works. There's a questionable slope and pin placement on the 3rd, hole, but I managed to birdie somehow. You just have to stay to the left and below the pin on 3 to avoid trouble. Great course though, I gave it 5 stars and Favorited it!

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:38 pm
We have a hotly contested tournament going on right now at Salt Creek Golf Club (beautiful course by Matt Rose, BTW). Leadfoot, Joz (Major Bubs), and myself are all tied for the lead as I left, but ddtrane was on the course behind us and hot on our trail. Don't miss this course; Matt Rose is a master at blending and balancing textures and Salt Creek might be one of his finest works. There's a questionable slope and pin placement on the 3rd, hole, but I managed to birdie somehow. You just have to stay to the left and below the pin on 3 to avoid trouble. Great course though, I gave it 5 stars and Favorited it!
Agreed. Very "fair" track for the most part. I was -3 after the turn, double bogeyed somewhere around 14 or so, and had to battle to get back to 3 under. Very fun round.

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

J_Cauthen wrote:
I was really feeling this course, I made it to 17 at plus 8 then I hit the greenside bunker, chose the wrong club hit the water and triple bogeyed this hole. Still fun times though!
gamertag: ddtrane65

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
I was having a really ground round until hole #12, I think, where I had my Tincup moment. Put the ball in the drink 3 consecutive times and went from even to +5. Also had a eagle putt on 18 that I don't know how it didn't fall. Tracked right to the middle of the cup, not too much speed, and just rolled over it and stopped a foot on the other side.

In general, not this course as I felt the greens were pretty flat, a lot of breaking putts seems just roll over the edge of the cup for me.
GT = Wilk5280

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Damn Lead, a 58! You dog :D

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

JOZ wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:21 pm
Unbelievable!? And on those goat paths they call fairways 8O I shot a 67 and was proud :wink:

I wish there was a LiDAR rendition of this course for which someone had taken some more meticulous care to place the course objects. After watching the real thing today at Winged Foot, it's pretty obvious what we're playing here is merely a glorified auto-gen slapped together to publish before the U.S. Open. It looks like there are four versions of it from the same "designer' but they all looke the same. No one else has posted a version of Winged Foot for 2K21 that I can see.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

JOZ wrote:
Dude... I totally thought I horked my chances with my terrible 3rd round. So truly, I set about just to get my 4th round over with. But then the birdies started falling, one after another. And somehow I ended up tied with you heading to the final hole. When I dropped that bird on the final hole to take the lead I must admit I was pretty excited. That was fun. Just too bad the course was so ... blah...

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:59 pm
JOZ wrote:
Unbelievable!? And on those goat paths they call fairways 8O I shot a 67 and was proud :wink:
I dunno, I've played a TON of this game since release, mostly on Pro settings - I think I'm over level 80 now? Anyway, with all the practice on Pro, hitting fairways on semi-pro is pretty easy at this point. And the greens on this course were pretty straightforward, so plenty of chances for scoring... :)