PGA TOUR 2K21

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PGA TOUR 2K21

Post by Wilk5280 »

I almost rage quit a few times this morning in the daily. +7 at one point on the front side due to weird putting issues. Started to turn it around on the back side with 3 birdies, but then one hole (16 maybe) I couldn't putt again and kept ending up further from the hole.

I don't know why the little percentage marker at the bottom of the screen was distracting me, but I would like to recommend just making any sort of meter, percentages, etc be user preference. I just prefer having them off completely.
GT = Wilk5280

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:10 am
I almost rage quit a few times this morning in the daily. +7 at one point on the front side due to weird putting issues. Started to turn it around on the back side with 3 birdies, but then one hole (16 maybe) I couldn't putt again and kept ending up further from the hole.

I don't know why the little percentage marker at the bottom of the screen was distracting me, but I would like to recommend just making any sort of meter, percentages, etc be user preference. I just prefer having them off completely.
I have all my meters turned off in my settings and I didn't have the percentage or any meter show up when playing this daily.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:10 am

I'm going to set today's Daily up using "Open" as the Distance Control meter selection. That way people can use what they want. On paper, those choosing not to use the meters are at a disadvantage, but sounds like you're a little bit like me, where the meters are a distraction. I was okay with the locked percentage showing at the bottom, but if it varied or moved position while I was swinging it definitely would distract me. We've got a wide variety of reactions to this here, just as I'm finding in the official forum.

We'll see how everyone reacts to the "Open" (meaning whatever you have set in your base setting for distance control meter will be used) setting today. I'm going to set today's Daily at bspetty's Cypress Point Club, which is one of the best real course recreations I've ever seen. I played it Monday and it was like a religious experience! 8)

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

vader29 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:51 am
I have all my meters turned off in my settings and I didn't have the percentage or any meter show up when playing this daily.
Hmmm.... so it sounds like your base setting overrode what was set in the tournament difficulty settings? I thought this was something that was going to be addressed in the patch, but it doesn't sound like they completely dealt with it. Were the pins "In" for you in this round? I think I set it to "Open" this time, to see if the user setting would kick in. I can't get the Pins "Out" setting to stick, even if I go back in after setting the tournament settings and then trying to edit/update them later. It just won't stick.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I have them off in my base default settings, too, but the percentage was on when I played this morning. I don't mean to come across as I'm complaining about it because bottom line I'll continue to play with whatever settings we decide upon. A little black box at the bottom of the screen with a number in it shouldn't distract me, but for some reason it really did on the greens during the front 9. I'm weird I guess lol.

I still think I have some base setting set differently for my offline career than what we're using here. I use Pro Am difficulty with meters off and shoot anywhere from Par to maybe a few under. Get me online in our dailies at Pro Am and I struggle for some reason. Enjoying it just the same, so like I said I'm not complaining, just stating my preference. :)
GT = Wilk5280

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Got 2 pendng PC join requests

Fluid Druid
NoahW2002

Anyone vouch for these people?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:51 pm
vader29 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:51 am
Hmmm.... so it sounds like your base setting overrode what was set in the tournament difficulty settings? I thought this was something that was going to be addressed in the patch, but it doesn't sound like they completely dealt with it. Were the pins "In" for you in this round? I think I set it to "Open" this time, to see if the user setting would kick in. I can't get the Pins "Out" setting to stick, even if I go back in after setting the tournament settings and then trying to edit/update them later. It just won't stick.
My pins were out and was able to put them in on long putts, that is how I have them in my settings also.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:04 pm

Fluid Druid
NoahW2002

Fluid Druid is "DoGgs" from the Perfect Golf forum, who is now designing courses for 2K21. He created Jungfrau Lakes V 1.1 and Links at Squalls End. He's probably seen me post about playing in this Society and feels like it's his speed. I'll send him a note and see if I can't get him to register here.

NoahW2002 doesn't sound familiar, but maybe I know him by another tag. Lemme check and I'll get back to you.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

vader29 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:27 pm
My pins were out and was able to put them in on long putts, that is how I have them in my settings also.
Okay so "Open" for Pins would probably be the best way to set that? Thanks!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

My settings are pretty much like Vader’s with everything set to off. But now that Wilk mentioned it, I did see the percentage add. Perhaps I had it under fade (message goes away after a bit?) but didn’t really bother me, although for the record I also prefer everything off.

I tend to hit everything fast that I tend to concentrate just on my swinging stick.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Danimal wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:04 pm

Fluid Druid
NoahW2002

Yeah, NoahW2002 is my son. He's in college at Bradley. Will be participating as long as he has the funds for each round. And more than likely, it’s a friend of his playing who is from Highland Park, IL.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

sportdan30 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:42 pm
Yeah, NoahW2002 is my son. He's in college at Bradley. Will be participating as long as he has the funds for each round. And more than likely, it’s a friend of his playing who is from Highland Park, IL.
Yeah, I remember you mentioning that a while back... I sent him a friend request on Steam. He'll see it as "JohnRC".

Oh, and Dan, I sent FluidDruid (DoGgs) a message to ask him to register here.
Last edited by J_Cauthen on Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:00 pm
I have them off in my base default settings, too, but the percentage was on when I played this morning. I don't mean to come across as I'm complaining about it because bottom line I'll continue to play with whatever settings we decide upon. A little black box at the bottom of the screen with a number in it shouldn't distract me, but for some reason it really did on the greens during the front 9. I'm weird I guess lol.
You didn't come across as complaining, you're simply stating your preferences. I know mine are a bit quirky themselves, but I statistically have proven I play better with both swing meters off. I can't see any reason why the choice of "Distance Control" can't be left "Open", but I'm certainly willing to listen to thoughts on why it should not be. Vader, what say you on this?
Get me online in our dailies at Pro Am and I struggle for some reason. Enjoying it just the same, so like I said I'm not complaining, just stating my preference. :)
I've noticed that I play better in "Local Play" mode myself, as for whatever reason, my tempo control seems to be a little more consistent.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Admitted everyone to the PC society today. I really struggled after not playing for several days but managed to hole our for eagle and birdie on the back nine to shoot even par.

John do you feel like being another admin for the PC at least on a short term basis, I have a real life golf tournament this weekend Thursday - Sunday and also next week same days. If not I will just front load the schedule.
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:27 pm
Admitted everyone to the PC society today. I really struggled after not playing for several days but managed to hole our for eagle and birdie on the back nine to shoot even par.

John do you feel like being another admin for the PC at least on a short term basis, I have a real life golf tournament this weekend Thursday - Sunday and also next week same days. If not I will just front load the schedule.
I had an eagle on the second hole today, but then turned around and took four strokes to get down from yards off the green to negate it with a double bogey.

I'd be glad to handle admin duties on the PC side Dan.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:55 pm
Wilk5280 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:00 pm
You didn't come across as complaining, you're simply stating your preferences. I know mine are a bit quirky themselves, but I statistically have proven I play better with both swing meters off. I can't see any reason why the choice of "Distance Control" can't be left "Open", but I'm certainly willing to listen to thoughts on why it should not be. Vader, what say you on this?
I set the meters and few other settings to open so wHatever your personal settings are set at will be what is in the weekenders. I finally had an overall round where I made some birdies in tonights daily, finally no triple bogeys in a round.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I don't know what it is and I certainly can't explain it, but I"m just terrible in our dailies lol. +4 after 3, worked it back down to even, and then completely imploded on the last few holes.
GT = Wilk5280

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:01 am
I don't know what it is and I certainly can't explain it, but I"m just terrible in our dailies lol. +4 after 3, worked it back down to even, and then completely imploded on the last few holes.
I find that happening to me quite a bit. In the Cypress Point tournament last night, I started off with a 3-putt bogey, after stiffing my approach to 8 feet. I had four 3-putt bogeys on the front 9, all from less than 24 feet and two from under 12 feet! All the misses were because I sent the ball well past the hole on the initial putt. I also had an eagle and two birdies on the front 9, followed by an eagle and two birdies on the back. I wound up with six bogeys all told, and five of them were due to 3-putt greens.

I think what was messing with me was I had just finished a DSP PC Society round before I played, and I was getting 50 to 60 FPS on my PC. My senses got acclimated to that and it led to me not having any touch with the putter. I should learn to spend some practice time on the putting green after switch platforms like that. I've found that I then leave putts short on the PC version after playing the XBox One X :?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

vader29 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:24 pm
I set the meters and few other settings to open so wHatever your personal settings are set at will be what is in the weekenders. I finally had an overall round where I made some birdies in tonights daily, finally no triple bogeys in a round.
I noticed that I couldn't get the Pro-Am setting to stick when I selected it in the difficulty settings for yesterday's tournament. It'll keep the "Society Default" however, which was set to "Pro-Am". I was able to go in an turn off the percentage only meter to where I had nothing. I guess it defaulted to my base setting, but since I had distance control set to "Open", it was going to start out using my base setting.

No triple bogeys? I don't think you even had a bogey in that round did you!? I was having to listen to your dimes dropping in from distance, while I was 3-putting five greens... it was a serious face washing! :lol:

Oh, was anyone "locked" against there will into having the Pins set to "In" for this round? I had it set to open, but I'm trying to ensure that means that all who choose to have them "Out" are able to do that.

broomer
Mario Mendoza

Post by broomer »

Danimal wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:35 pm
J_Cauthen wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:57 am
Dan, Broomer is an acquaintance of mine from the official HB Forum. I'd have given him a head's up to join the forum if I'd known he was going to apply. I know you've got a blurb in the "About Us" box on the Society's home page on Steam, indicating that it's a Society for DSP Members, but it sort of gets lost in all the space in that box. I suggested he apply for membership here and am awaiting his reply, so I can alert Jared to approve his request. He'd be a welcome addition to our Society.
Well crap I banned him because I didn't know, sorry about that. He needs to send another join request.
Hi Dan, I was just activated here this AM (by Jared?) so this was 1st chance I had to say "Hi" and big thanks to JC for clearing my name for membership

I cannot yet join the 2K21 Digital Sports Page PC society as the welcome screen join thingee is still looping me as being banned so any fix at your convienence is appreciated

looking forward to a PC only society to play in

broomer

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:46 am
vader29 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:24 pm
I noticed that I couldn't get the Pro-Am setting to stick when I selected it in the difficulty settings for yesterday's tournament. It'll keep the "Society Default" however, which was set to "Pro-Am". I was able to go in an turn off the percentage only meter to where I had nothing. I guess it defaulted to my base setting, but since I had distance control set to "Open", it was going to start out using my base setting.

No triple bogeys? I don't think you even had a bogey in that round did you!? I was having to listen to your dimes dropping in from distance, while I was 3-putting five greens... it was a serious face washing! :lol:

Oh, was anyone "locked" against there will into having the Pins set to "In" for this round? I had it set to open, but I'm trying to ensure that means that all who choose to have them "Out" are able to do that.
I think I had one bogey, my putts were dropping so good that I even made a putt that was just off the edge of the fringe. Pins were out for me and I was able to put them in on a couple of long putts.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

broomer wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:03 pm

Hi Dan, I was just activated here this AM (by Jared?) so this was 1st chance I had to say "Hi" and big thanks to JC for clearing my name for membership

I cannot yet join the 2K21 Digital Sports Page PC society as the welcome screen join thingee is still looping me as being banned so any fix at your convienence is appreciated

broomer
You should be back in.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

PC Updates

All requests were granted and I have none pending. For the PC society I am not requiring joining here but if you refer someone please let me or Jon know there username so I can add them.

I made Jon an admin and will let him handle daily rounds if he is up to it.

I will be doing the weekend events where we will follow the PGA schedule if there is a course.

I do my best to play a round at each course to evaluate if it is ok to play. This weeks Safeway Open at Silverado is along the bare minimum for a playable course (there were only 2 options) next week at Winged Foot is also scheduled but I need to verify that course. If you know of an upcoming event and a good course for it always chime in.

I have not schedule out tour events past next weekend, will do that soon.

If we get enough people I would love to try and schedule some match play and alt shot events.
Follow Me on:

broomer
Mario Mendoza

Post by broomer »

Danimal wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:47 pm
broomer wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:03 pm

broomer
You should be back in.
I see ima back in ---TYVVM for the quick fix, Dan

broomer

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

Man! This game is hard, but rewarding, especially after I find the fairways and greens in regulation. I have not finished a DSP event yet, but you all need not worry because Im having a hard time just getting under plus 25 for a round on PRO. I'm still practicing and can see some results.

I'm throwing my vote in for no meters, the game feels more natural that way. I played a round without the scout cam and decided I should leave that on.

My main question is I did a swing calibration with the driver, can I do one with each set of clubs(woods,irons,wedges,putter)? If so, that would be cool, I like my shots off the tee but my approach shots and putting are truly horrible. I have had tons of 4 and 5 putts that its utterly ridiculous. The amount of 2ft and 3ft putts I have missed is embarrasing. But I still play because I know I'm better than what I have been seeing. Although I had TGC19 I really didn't put much time into and its showing, Hell, I would even settle for plus 10 and be happy! The struggle is real!
gamertag: ddtrane65