PGA TOUR 2K21

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PGA TOUR 2K21

Post by J_Cauthen »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:40 am
Were the meters supposed to be off at Spyglass? They were on for me, and even though I just now finished I can't for the life of me remember whether or not the pins were in. I guess that's what happens when you can't sleep and play your round at 4am. :(
I thought I had them set to "Open", meaning they should be however you set them in your base settings. However, if they truly were set to Open, you should be able to turn them off at any time in your round. They were off for me during the round yesterday, but I have them off in my base settings. I'll force them off today to see if they stick, but I'm going to hold on a bit before setting today's tournament to see if Microsoft gets the 1.03 update -posted for the XBox One version before I do.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:46 am
Dauphin Highlands is a local course for me. I’ve played it numerous times. I’m a fan of the course and whoever made this for the game did a pretty good job.
That course just fascinated me the first time I played it in 2K21. It was the first LiDAR course I'd played and it looks like a course I'd enjoy in real life. It's not overly long, but those elevation changes can be deceiving! I'm trying to find the designer so I can send them a personal note of thanks for making that course. You're lucky to have a course like that local to you!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Were the meters supposed to be off at Spyglass? They were on for me, and even though I just now finished I can't for the life of me remember whether or not the pins were in. I guess that's what happens when you can't sleep and play your round at 4am. :(
Meters and Pin were ON at Spyglass for me. Didn't try to change them.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

I tried to play the "DSP Setting" tournament last night about 10pm and was not able to play. Not sure why.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I have this for both PC and XB1 now. I was pretty frustrated with the controls for awhile, and they are still on the tough side, but have gotten better by slowing my backswing down and focusing on my downswing.

But golf always feels like a PC game, and I have a gaming PC for the first time in 15 years. So I double dipped. Wish it was one account across both, but oh well. I guess my last PC golf game was PGA 2000.

I just downloaded this last night, and the most I've done is play part of a Q-School round. I'd like to join your society if that's cool? I'm not sure what all I need to do to get my player up to whatever appropriate level it needs to be. I have played very little of TGC, so a lot of it is new to me.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

I've been doing all my Career Rounds on Pro Difficulty, which is really helping with our test rounds. :) Having the meters in addition to the Pro-Am swing difficulty almost feels like a cheat.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:53 pm
I've been doing all my Career Rounds on Pro Difficulty, which is really helping with our test rounds. :) Having the meters in addition to the Pro-Am swing difficulty almost feels like a cheat.
It's really interesting how interfaces affect people so differently. I've played with the swing meters on and off. I consistently score lower with them off!? I get distracted splitting my attention between the golfer animation and the meter. I actually do better with the haptic feedback for backswing distance control, plus the experience feels more holistic, not having to take my attention away from my golfer to watch a meter.

I'm going to try to force the swing meters off for today's Daily, as well as the Pin In/Out setting, but I'll keep the swing difficulty at "Pro-Am", especially after we didn't exactly rip Spyglass apart at the level :)

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Aristo wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:56 pm
I have this for both PC and XB1 now. I was pretty frustrated with the controls for awhile, and they are still on the tough side, but have gotten better by slowing my backswing down and focusing on my downswing.

But golf always feels like a PC game, and I have a gaming PC for the first time in 15 years. So I double dipped. Wish it was one account across both, but oh well. I guess my last PC golf game was PGA 2000.

I just downloaded this last night, and the most I've done is play part of a Q-School round. I'd like to join your society if that's cool? I'm not sure what all I need to do to get my player up to whatever appropriate level it needs to be. I have played very little of TGC, so a lot of it is new to me.
Do you find it difficult to adapt between the frame rates of your PC and the XBox One? I like the feel that I get from 60 to 70 FPS on the PC version now, but my tempo is more geared to that of the 30 FPS frame rate lock of the XBox One X version. I'm very inconsistent because of it.

You're free to jump into either of both Societies whenever you want. None of us had to go through Q-School to get on board, if we had, I'd still be trying to qualify! :lol:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:00 am
Wilk5280 wrote:
Meters and Pin were ON at Spyglass for me. Didn't try to change them.
Hopefully I'll be able to lock them today. I'll set the tournament up here in a few minutes... it's going to take a bit of an adjustment to get used to these 8:00 PM EDT tournament round start times...

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:28 pm
Aristo wrote:

Do you find it difficult to adapt between the frame rates of your PC and the XBox One? I like the feel that I get from 60 to 70 FPS on the PC version now, but my tempo is more geared to that of the 30 FPS frame rate lock of the XBox One X version. I'm very inconsistent because of it.

You're free to jump into either of both Societies whenever you want. None of us had to go through Q-School to get on board, if we had, I'd still be trying to qualify! :lol:
That's good to know!
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Aristo wrote:
I'd like to join your society if that's cool? I'm not sure what all I need to do to get my player up to whatever appropriate level it needs to be. I have played very little of TGC, so a lot of it is new to me.
Yes just send a join request. I try and log in nightly.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Ok I think (key word) I figured out why the PC Tourneys were letting you use whatever you want. When setting them up and going to difficulty it was defaulting to Custom and below that everything said society default, however I changed the top line to society default as well so the next tourney I forget what it is should lock you in at Pro and only has the percentage meter.
Follow Me on:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Not sure if they had the ‘normal’ shot selection in the previous game but when it comes to the short game and my haste to speed up things, I mistakingly use the normal shot instead of the pitch shot overshooting the ball several times. Just carelessness if you will, make sure it is the pitch shot selection that you want from 60-105 yards because often I get the normal shot by default and the shots just flies away.

Enjoyed the daily today, the meters were off this time. I keep forgetting that we are in fast greens with our society in contrast to my slow greens in my career, so I overshot the pin a few times.

Good shooting Leadfoot.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I have no idea what happened, but I could not do anything right on today's daily.

Any chance you can post all of the settings used so that I can set mine exactly the same for my career mode?

On the front 9 I could not find the zip code of the fairway and had 2 or 3 double bogeys and came to the turn at +7. Managed a birdie on the back side, but also had 3 more bogeys and finished +9. I had a lot of shots where my tempo was either very fast or very slow. It took 7 or 8 holes just to get the timing down. Playing on Pro Am in my career I'm much more consistent. Maybe we were on Pro? That's fine, I don't have any issue with the settings used. I just want to set mine up to be the same is all.

A couple of times during the round I flew the green from about 50-75 yards out and I think that's because I may have a setting or two different than what was used for today's daily.
Last edited by Wilk5280 on Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
GT = Wilk5280

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

On the daily yesterday, everything was running great for me until the 16th hole. All of a sudden the swing meter seemed all out of whack. I was -3 and ended up finishing +7. One shot was a pitch when it should have been a full swing, and another that was supposed to be a pitch ended up being a full shot. And the putting was way screwed up, I couldn't hit an 8 foot putt without it going 25 feet past the hole.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

10spro wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:51 am
Good shooting Leadfoot.
Thanks! I've been playing the game nonstop since release on the Pro setting, so dropping back down to Semi-Pro is making it super easy to find the fairways and dial in the approach shots.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:40 am
10spro wrote:
Good shooting Leadfoot.
Thanks! I've been playing the game nonstop since release on the Pro setting, so dropping back down to Semi-Pro is making it super easy to find the fairways and dial in the approach shots.
For me playing on Pro-Am, I tend to win now almost every second tournament in my career. So I switched back to Pro and I struggle to break even par usually placing myself 8 shots behind the leader. Wished there was an in between level at this point.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

10spro wrote:
Not sure if they had the ‘normal’ shot selection in the previous game but when it comes to the short game and my haste to speed up things, I mistakingly use the normal shot instead of the pitch shot overshooting the ball several times. Just carelessness if you will, make sure it is the pitch shot selection that you want from 60-105 yards because often I get the normal shot by default and the shots just flies away.
I seem to be outfitted to perform a pitch shot by default too much of the time. How many people play an 81 yard pitch shot with an 8-iron, when they've got a lob wedge in their bag!? This happens quite a bit to me in Society play.
Enjoyed the daily today, the meters were off this time. I keep forgetting that we are in fast greens with our society in contrast to my slow greens in my career, so I overshot the pin a few times.
The greens in all the Dailies this week were left at whatever the designer had set at the default. That's usually fast or medium-fast. I think St. Nicholas Prestwick was at medium-fast. The meters being off helped me overall, but I had just played a round on the PC version of the game prior to playing this round, and my senses were attuned to 60 to 70 FPS. I 3-putted five times and 4-putted one time in my round yesterday, mostly because I couldn't get the distance feel right.

I was not able to get the "Pins - Out" setting to stick, even though I was doing it the same time I was turning the swing control meters off. I'll have to check to see if there's an "Open" option for pins in/out and use that. Then I think the player's base settings would allow them to be in or out based on their preferences.

It seems our Society default for the distance tool show carry plus roll. We'd always used "Carry" distance only in 2019, IIRC. Wouldn't carry distance only be a little more realistic here?
Good shooting Leadfoot.
Indeed it was... I was playing with his ghost ball, and it was rubbing salt into the wound to watch him drain all those putts for birdie, while I'm 3-putting for bogey, fortunately, two of my 3-putts were for bogey, however, one of them from 16 feet :x

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:11 am
I have no idea what happened, but I could not do anything right on today's daily.

Any chance you can post all of the settings used so that I can set mine exactly the same for my career mode?
Let me get to where my XBox One X is and I'll do that... should be early this afternoon.
On the front 9 I could not find the zip code of the fairway and had 2 or 3 double bogeys and came to the turn at +7. Managed a birdie on the back side, but also had 3 more bogeys and finished +9. I had a lot of shots where my tempo was either very fast or very slow. It took 7 or 8 holes just to get the timing down. Playing on Pro Am in my career I'm much more consistent. Maybe we were on Pro? That's fine, I don't have any issue with the settings used. I just want to set mine up to be the same is all.
The round at St. Nicholas Prestwich was Pro-Am. I *think* I had changed the distance information to "Carry" from "Carry + Roll". You can go in at any time after you start the round to see exactly what the settings are. It's a shame they don't show them in advance however, at least not that I'm able to see.
A couple of times during the round I flew the green from about 50-75 yards out and I think that's because I may have a setting or two different than what was used for today's daily.
That may be because the distance information for your club was showing carry distance instead of carry+roll. I should have posted a reminder here and on the Society message board that was the case... sorry about that.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

AcemanPR wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:38 am
On the daily yesterday, everything was running great for me until the 16th hole. All of a sudden the swing meter seemed all out of whack. I was -3 and ended up finishing +7. One shot was a pitch when it should have been a full swing, and another that was supposed to be a pitch ended up being a full shot. And the putting was way screwed up, I couldn't hit an 8 foot putt without it going 25 feet past the hole.
The greens were listed as "Medium-Fast", but they played more like ultra-fast. I agree with the defaulting to pitch shot in situations where normal is clearly called for. I wish they had a setting (and maybe they do?) where you have to change it from normal if you want anything else. I'll look into that, but I think that would be an individual player setting preference.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

We have 5 people in the PC society now so if you know more people please let me know, obviously vet them :)

Once I get an idea of how to get the actual setting correct I will start to lay out a more complete season. Maybe try a tournament with book as the only yardage option.
Follow Me on:

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I've been playing on pro since day one. So, putting without the meter was...interesting. Normal shots with no meters off were fine (as most were around 100% anyway), but trying to get the feel for the "rumble" in putting was all over the place (since the spot could be anyway for 20% to 100%). I'm sure I'll figure it out.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

greggsand wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:35 pm
I've been playing on pro since day one. So, putting without the meter was...interesting. Normal shots with no meters off were fine (as most were around 100% anyway), but trying to get the feel for the "rumble" in putting was all over the place (since the spot could be anyway for 20% to 100%). I'm sure I'll figure it out.
I've gotten into the habit of taking a practice stroke when putting, and noting where the putter is in my backswing just as the vibration starts. I'll then hit the real putt based on where the putter head is in my backstroke rather than feeling the vibration. I think the vibration starts a little prematurely in all shots, and especially putts. I'll go about 3 or 4 degrees further in my backstroke, visually, than what I felt with the rumble. It's taking a lot of time to develop this, but I'm enjoying the process.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:11 am

I just checked and it won't let me look at the settings that were used for a completed tournament. The only settings that weren't stock Pro-Am were swing meters off, Distance marker showing carry rather than carry and run, elevation factoring was changed to manual, putt previews were "0" and I tried to lock pins to "Out" but that didn't work.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

thanks

That's pretty much what I use for my offline career as well. Crazy how different it felt this morning when playing and how my tempo was WAY off. I prefer the meters off, but if people prefer to have them on maybe allow that to be a personal setting? Not sure what you're limited to in terms of setting some of these things up.

Even though I'm inconsistent, I'm having a lot of fun with this one. It's taking me back to when I played TW13 daily for the entire year
GT = Wilk5280