PGA TOUR 2K21

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Re: PGA TOUR 2K21

Post by Greensboronclion »

Playing on PC and there are a lot of players for it and much more than previous games which tells me the console play must be overwhelmed. As for the swing well my caddie Leonard and I just swing away and drink heavily afterwards as my golf ball goes to places not seen before. It's tough at Pro and at Master my caddie won't even go on the course. The struggle is real folks. :lol:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Was in a battle with Patrick Reed for the Shriners we were both -2 going into 17 and I hit a wayward tee shot, next thing I know double bogey and tournament lost. It made me smile though, like real golf one lapse in concentration and one bad swing can change your fortunes in a second.

As for the official online society from HB Studios I've given up as it appears you can't turn off the meters.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Zlax45 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:44 am
J_Cauthen wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:10 am
Third night in a row now that I've been unable to do anything beyond play a local match, and then with slow load times. HB Studios' servers must be getting hammered!
I was able to get a match around 12:45am....I think it is a good thing the servers are getting hammered as it means a ton of people are buying it but it has to get better.

BTW, I was literally all over the place tonight. I shot one over on the front nine in the Korn Ferry Tour qualifier and then proceeded to shoot 21 over on the back!
Yeah, I was able to get a match just as I was getting ready to shut down for the night, and that was like 1:00 AM. It went smooth, so I guess things start lightening up on the server after about 12:30 AM EDT. This is probably a good sign for the game's sales though. I did read that 2K21 was the #2 selling game in the UK over the past weekend, which shocked the heck out of me :o I finally qualified for the Korn Ferry Tour on my fourth attempt, with a 75! :wink:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Greensboronclion wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:50 am
Playing on PC and there are a lot of players for it and much more than previous games which tells me the console play must be overwhelmed. As for the swing well my caddie Leonard and I just swing away and drink heavily afterwards as my golf ball goes to places not seen before. It's tough at Pro and at Master my caddie won't even go on the course. The struggle is real folks. :lol:
I'm tempted to buy it for my PC Rob, but I read a post this morning in the 2K21 Reddit sub from a PC user who was having difficulty getting it to run steady on his PC, and he had a Geforce 1080, where I'm running a 1070. Let me ask you, and Danimal also... does 2K21 run at about the same speed on your PCs as TGC 2019? I'm asking because I want to see if I can't get a better feel for this game's swing tempo requirements with the extra feedback I'd be getting at 60 FPS, versus 30 FPS on my XBox One X. I was able to run 2019 in 1440p @ 60 FPS on my PC, and I could easily settle for 1440p, if I could get 60 FPS with it.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:16 am
Was in a battle with Patrick Reed for the Shriners we were both -2 going into 17 and I hit a wayward tee shot, next thing I know double bogey and tournament lost. It made me smile though, like real golf one lapse in concentration and one bad swing can change your fortunes in a second.
That's a great gaming moment and one that I'm sure there will be plenty more of in this game. For the first time since PGA Championship Golf 2000, I'm feeling like I'm actually going to go through a complete career season with this one!
As for the official online society from HB Studios I've given up as it appears you can't turn off the meters.
Same here Dan... and this infuriated me to learn this yesterday :x They also force the pins in, which also annoys the heck out of me. I like being able to have the pins in on longer putts, but let me hit the X button to put them in, not have to take them out on most putts!?

The swing meters actually annoy me and ultimately distract me from making my best swing. Why should we not be able to take something out, that in theory should make the game more difficult, like the swing meter?

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Post by Greensboronclion »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:26 am
Greensboronclion wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:50 am
I'm tempted to buy it for my PC Rob, but I read a post this morning in the 2K21 Reddit sub from a PC user who was having difficulty getting it to run steady on his PC, and he had a Geforce 1080, where I'm running a 1070. Let me ask you, and Danimal also... does 2K21 run at about the same speed on your PCs as TGC 2019? I'm asking because I want to see if I can't get a better feel for this game's swing tempo requirements with the extra feedback I'd be getting at 60 FPS, versus 30 FPS on my XBox One X. I was able to run 2019 in 1440p @ 60 FPS on my PC, and I could easily settle for 1440p, if I could get 60 FPS with it.

I have had no issue at all running this game and to be honest I had TGC 2019 also on my PC and PGA 2K21 runs better than it did. My laptop which I use I not as powerful as yours either so you should be fine. I will eventually buy for Xbox One but will wait for sale.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Been playing over the last few days on Play Now with difficulty set at Pro Am. Looks like I'll be on this difficulty level for the foreseeable future, but I don't mind. This game is challenging, plays great, and looks pretty damn good. Eventually, I'll start my career but for now, I'm just enjoying myself. It's not unusual for for me to shoot a +10. But then, last night I suprised myself and shot a -2. Love experiencing the subtle improvements of my golf game from hole to hole.

I'm playing on the pc if anyone wants to add me and destroy my ghost player. :wink: Sportdan30

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Positive I haven't mentioned yet - the awesome "PING" you get with a perfect strike off the tee. They nailed that...

Had my first real "bug" appear last night (besides the server issues of course). About 6 holes into a round, the vibration feature just stopped working. Restarting the game brought it back.

I've been steadily getting better on the Pro setting (no meters), and the feeling of progression and accomplishment is amazing. Can't wait to start competing with you all again!!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

In the society what is the difficulty set at? Can we play at whatever difficulty we want?
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:29 pm
In the society what is the difficulty set at? Can we play at whatever difficulty we want?
I have it set for pro, we'll see how it goes after a couple of tournaments. I'm getting quite frustrated myself with the swing tempo with just about every drive off the tee going extremely left or right and no punch shot to quickly get out of the trees.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

vader29 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:00 am
]
I have it set for pro, we'll see how it goes after a couple of tournaments. I'm getting quite frustrated myself with the swing tempo with just about every drive off the tee going extremely left or right and no punch shot to quickly get out of the trees.
Vader- have you tried shaping your shot all the way up on both sticks for low trajectory and max roll?
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

vader29 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:00 am
Diablo25 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:29 pm
My only request would be that we turn off the shot meters. It's easy to learn how to play without them, and way more satisfying/realistic.

With regards to swing tempo, I've found that with practice it gets easier and easier and eventually you can feel a slice or a hook before it even registers on the screen.

Loving the game and excited to start competing again!!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Agree with Leadfoot, but heck it’s the first society match, there are some new players that want to feel the game among us so we should go slowly and steadily.

Vader, I will be back in town on Friday, is this the usual weekend two rounders or are we doing dailies to test the game?

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I wasn't planning on picking it up because buying it the last couple of years and not playing it very much. Well, I caved so will be sending out a request to join the DSP society later today for Xbox.

I've only played a couple of rounds on Pro Am and am struggling to get any sort of consistency with the swing meter. I feel like I'm doing exactly the same thing every time, yet I'll get fast or slow and it just seems random to me.
GT = Wilk5280

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

Hello DSP, I want to thank you all for play testing this game for me. I was on the fence about buying this because I got burned badly by TGC 2019 (third degree burned). I was thinking if I paid $40 for that mess, why would I pay $60 for this game? I threw caution to the wind and glad I did. I feel as though this game has life and after playing a round last night, I can't wait to play again. I just never got that feeling on 19 and I played several rounds, I just felt like I could never improve my score.

Right now i have hope that my plus 10 can be lowered and my overall score can decrease. I would love to play some of you online and cant wait for the opportunity. Also, how do I join the DSP society?

I will say after one round, this game rocks!
gamertag: ddtrane65

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

ddtrane wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:19 am
Hello DSP, I want to thank you all for play testing this game for me. I was on the fence about buying this because I got burned badly by TGC 2019 (third degree burned). I was thinking if I paid $40 for that mess, why would I pay $60 for this game? I threw caution to the wind and glad I did. I feel as though this game has life and after playing a round last night, I can't wait to play again. I just never got that feeling on 19 and I played several rounds, I just felt like I could never improve my score.

Right now i have hope that my plus 10 can be lowered and my overall score can decrease. I would love to play some of you online and cant wait for the opportunity. Also, how do I join the DSP society?

If you ever see me on playing the game, always feel free to hit me up.
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I don't really struggle on Pro after playing since Friday (the first few days were a mess). I have an Elite 2 controller. I wonder if that makes a difference considering the 'sensitive' the swing mechanic?
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

greggsand wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:44 pm
I have an Elite 2 controller. I wonder if that makes a difference considering the 'sensitive' the swing mechanic?
Just take a look at my scores...you'll see it doesn't mean sh*t! LOL.

MUTTS
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by MUTTS »

Been playing for days now on the PS4. Just cant get anywhere on pro with the tempo. Played with an without the meter. Doesnt make a difference. Everything is fast or slow, too often very slow, with no discernible difference in what Ive done.

I miss the the three click method of golf games as opposed to trying to swing with thumb stick.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

All of the sudden this game (PC) is not displaying full screen, my task bar is always present and the game is taking up that space. I'm in full screen mode, haven't changed anything and no other games are doing this.

Anyone else having this issue?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Couldn't reply at work, too much typing on the small phone screen.
TheTruth wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:48 am
Vader- have you tried shaping your shot all the way up on both sticks for low trajectory and max roll?
I've only used that for approaching the greens, still would rather have the punch shot available especially if I'm going to be hitting out of the woods at least a dozen times a round.

Leadfoot5 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:52 am

My only request would be that we turn off the shot meters. It's easy to learn how to play without them, and way more satisfying/realistic.

With regards to swing tempo, I've found that with practice it gets easier and easier and eventually you can feel a slice or a hook before it even registers on the screen.

Loving the game and excited to start competing again!!
I could turn the shot meters off for next week, I'm hoping they are able to be turned off if you don't want them, I don't use them at all.
10spro wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:04 am
Agree with Leadfoot, but heck it’s the first society match, there are some new players that want to feel the game among us so we should go slowly and steadily.

Vader, I will be back in town on Friday, is this the usual weekend two rounders or are we doing dailies to test the game?
4 rounders for weekend tournaments that match up with the PGA schedule and 2 rounders if a course isn't available to play to match the pros. Haven't set any dailies yet, hoping John can help out with those again also.
greggsand wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:44 pm
I don't really struggle on Pro after playing since Friday (the first few days were a mess). I have an Elite 2 controller. I wonder if that makes a difference considering the 'sensitive' the swing mechanic.
I'm using the elite 2 also, I wonder if calibrating the swing in the game messed something up for me, seems like it has been worse since I did it.
ddtrane wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:19 am

ddtrane just search for DSP Digital Sportspage club, request to join and then myself or John can approve it.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

WTF! These are the scores after 1 round in the official 2k society on pro level.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

vader29 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:12 pm
4 rounders for weekend tournaments that match up with the PGA schedule and 2 rounders if a course isn't available to play to match the pros. Haven't set any dailies yet, hoping John can help out with those again also.
I'll be glad to put some Dailies in the mix starting next week if you'd like Mark. You want me to schedule some for the next couple of weeks? I'm scouting new courses daily and it would probably be best to schedule them like the day before, because of the rapidness with which new high quality courses are coming in now. I just played Yeltzman's conversion of Royal Portrush for 2K21 this afternoon and it's stellar! It looks like he stick built it in 2K21.... unbelievable!?
ddtrane just search for DSP Digital Sportspage club, request to join and then myself or John can approve it.
I'm about to login so I'll check and see if I need to help with that. Good to have you back on board ddtrane!

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Yeah go ahead and schedule some dailies. I approved trane, everyone is approved who requested so far.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

vader29 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:58 pm
WTF! These are the scores after 1 round in the official 2k society on pro level.

No clue how you could get those numbers
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"