PGA TOUR 2K21

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PGA TOUR 2K21

Post by TheTruth »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:11 pm
I was planning to buy the PC version once it had at least a $20 price drop, so I could continue working on my LiDAR based course I started in TGC 2019. I may move my schedule up to buy it now because I'm curious to see how playing 2K21 at 60 FPS might help me with controller modulation. I'm having a problem with swing resets because of what I'm guessing is an insufficient pause at the top of my backswing. I trying taking the stick forward for the downswing and the golfer doesn't respond, then resets. When I do get a swing, my tempo is very inconsistent, fast and slow.

I can't help but wonder if it wouldn't feel a little bit better on my PC at 60 FPS, with a higher data throughput, which I was able to hit in TGC 2019 at 1440p? Any of you guys had a chance to compare the XBox One X version to the PC version on a good gaming PC? I'd be curious to read some reactions to this if so.
I still get the swing resets on PC as well, but that seems to be because of the mechanic itself. The performance on pc vs Xbox (TGC) is night and day. Everything is so smooth and fast. I’m playing on highest settings 1440p. One of the main reasons I didn’t play TGC on Xbox was because how sluggish it felt. If there was a demo for Xbox I would compare, but I don’t think there is?
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Zlax45 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:20 pm
TheTruth wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:41 am
For now I’m doing the official 2k PC society and some random head to head online matches. Right now I’m tied for 14th at -6 and have gone 8-0-1 in random online matches.

I switched my swing stick to my right stick and it seems much more consistent. Also went back to the starter clubs, except for wedges, that have more forgiveness. We’ll see if the starter driver stays in the bag. I want to hit it long. :) still have the couple blow up holes occasionally.
I think my wins and losses are not being calculated correctly on Sunday. I have played three matches today going 2-1 and it still says I am 4-0.
Well, you are ahead of me then, because I can't even figure out where to go to see my record! :(

EDIT: Ok, I figured it out, it's supposed to be in the profile menu. Unfortunately, when I filter on friends I see nothing for me, only that Zlax and JC have played some matches. Filtering on Friends on the leaderboard results in "No results found". I hope it's just a server thing and will sync up eventually....

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:57 pm
Putting is definitely better just pulling back barely on the stick...so thanks for the tips. I also removed the dumb meters from everything...helps tremendously. Shot even part finally...on Pro mode.
Giddy up.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:38 pm
Zlax45 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:20 pm
TheTruth wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:41 am
For now I’m doing the official 2k PC society and some random head to head online matches. Right now I’m tied for 14th at -6 and have gone 8-0-1 in random online matches.

I switched my swing stick to my right stick and it seems much more consistent. Also went back to the starter clubs, except for wedges, that have more forgiveness. We’ll see if the starter driver stays in the bag. I want to hit it long. :) still have the couple blow up holes occasionally.
I think my wins and losses are not being calculated correctly on Sunday. I have played three matches today going 2-1 and it still says I am 4-0.
Well, you are ahead of me then, because I can't even figure out where to go to see my record! :(

EDIT: Ok, I figured it out, it's supposed to be in the profile menu. Unfortunately, when I filter on friends I see nothing for me, only that Zlax and JC have played some matches. Filtering on Friends on the leaderboard results in "No results found". I hope it's just a server thing and will sync up eventually....
Lead - I’ve been accessing it under the matchmaking section. You should see a leaderboard button and it takes you to your rank, etc.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

TheTruth wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:12 pm
Lead - I’ve been accessing it under the matchmaking section. You should see a leaderboard button and it takes you to your rank, etc.
Thanks, yeah, I see the button. It starts filtered globally, and then I filter by friends. That's when I see "No results Found". I assume that's where you see yourself and friends scores?

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:24 pm
Thanks, yeah, I see the button. It starts filtered globally, and then I filter by friends. That's when I see "No results Found". I assume that's where you see yourself and friends scores?
Yes, I can see myself on both Global and filtered to Friends. Maybe its and xbox thing that is not keeping up with matches right now??

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

TheTruth wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:55 pm
Leadfoot5 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:24 pm
Yes, I can see myself on both Global and filtered to Friends. Maybe its and xbox thing that is not keeping up with matches right now??
Thanks. Yeah, with all the server issues since launch, that's probably it.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

10spro wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:45 pm
Danimal wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:40 pm
Did they remove the punch shot?
Yep and splash added.
Why on earth would they remove a punch shot? I guess when your ball goes through 80% of the trees like they don't exist they figure they didn't need it?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:32 pm
10spro wrote:
Danimal wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:40 pm
Did they remove the punch shot?
Yep and splash added.
Why on earth would they remove a punch shot? I guess when your ball goes through 80% of the trees like they don't exist they figure they didn't need it?
I don't know why they'd remove it because with the new swing mechanic kicking my a$$ like it currently is, I need to play a lot of punch shots to put my ball back in play. I've tried to manufacture a punch shot like the devs have described, but you simply can't keep the trajectory of the shots as low as you could with the preset punch shot of TGC 2019.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:06 am
Danimal wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:32 pm
10spro wrote:

Yep and splash added.
I don't know why they'd remove it because with the new swing mechanic kicking my a$$ like it currently is, I need to play a lot of punch shots to put my ball back in play. I've tried to manufacture a punch shot like the devs have described, but you simply can't keep the trajectory of the shots as low as you could with the preset punch shot of TGC 2019.
I can’t get through the qualifier to get on the Korn Ferry Tour lol
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Well my last 4 rounds on Pro with no meters were -3, -3, -2 and +2. I just played my 1st PGA event in career after making the tour from Corn Ferry. I like how they do the cut away shots to other players but I think they will get old real quick. I was able to purchase the Taylor Made Sim so I have my real life driver at least.

Then I wen't to play in the official society and the meters and I shot a +32. Clearly the meters are messing me up so I won't be playing this those. Enjoying the game so much I may get it for the XB1 to play in the DSP society.
Follow Me on:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I am getting a bit more consistency on Pro lately in terms of putting the ball into play. But when it comes to putting I would be sooo lost if I took the meters away. I could do without it with the irons etc, but for some reason I lose total confidence in putting without it.

Regarding the punch shot, I wonder if enough people complain to the Devs, they would add it back in a future patch. There’s enough hazards and different conditions on each course that simply de-lofting the R-stick does not quite do the job in my opinion.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

10spro wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:05 am
I am getting a bit more consistency on Pro lately in terms of putting the ball into play. But when it comes to putting I would be sooo lost if I took the meters away. I could do without it with the irons etc, but for some reason I lose total confidence in putting without it.
I should clarify I leave percentage on and the vibration on. I could lose the percentage for putting probably but like it for my iron and chip shots. For me putting I usually take the club back slow twice to get a feel when the vibration starts and as soon as I feel it I finish the putt it is working really well but the fine line of going to far past the vibration and blasting a putt is still scary. I also tend to put the meter past the hole on straight putts so it give me more flexibility on when I hit the vibe zone.

It's real easy to get off track with your swing in this game and just s*** the bed though.
Follow Me on:

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Great game! Playing on Pro, I was spraying shots everywhere (typically "Slow"). I finally upgraded my clubs to ones with higher 'Forgiveness' and it's made a world of difference. I highly recommend anyone struggling on Pro to do the same thing. I'm not dominating, but I qualified for the Am Tour (finally)!

I noticed there's a bunch graphical options under Display (or whatever it's called), where I read more about what they actually do?
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Agreed on the more forgiving clubs. Having a blast in random on-line matches, I'm losing distance to opponents, but am generally more accurate. Good trade off.

For me, the sweet spot of putting is meter OFF, vibration ON. Pushing the stick up too soon, before the vibration, is perfectly akin to choking in real life when you get the yips...

I still have zero accumulated stats for all the games I've played, hope they address that issue soon...

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Guess I will have look at getting more forgiving clubs then. I am more consistent than I was, but I am either perfect or have a huge hook or slice. I hardly ever hit that little gray area to the right and left of perfect for a small hook/slice.

I will have to try the meter off for putting. The way I have it now it has become a little too easy. Main issue with it is it automatically gives you the correct pace, you just have to read the green and time the meter right.

Other than those too minor things for me, I am loving it. They really nailed it.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I've been doing master since that is what TGC tours is mandating. I haven't hit a perfect tempo one yet!

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

N

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Just sent a request for the DSP Society. GT: DrPartytime thanks!
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

The server issues are becoming maddening. Sure hope they get them sorted out soon. I couldn't even get a round in after 9pm EDT last night.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Third night in a row now that I've been unable to do anything beyond play a local match, and then with slow load times. HB Studios' servers must be getting hammered!

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:10 am
Third night in a row now that I've been unable to do anything beyond play a local match, and then with slow load times. HB Studios' servers must be getting hammered!
I was able to get a match around 12:45am....I think it is a good thing the servers are getting hammered as it means a ton of people are buying it but it has to get better.

BTW, I was literally all over the place tonight. I shot one over on the front nine in the Korn Ferry Tour qualifier and then proceeded to shoot 21 over on the back!
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

My struggles lately is with the putting. I have finally gone with no meter, no percentage aid for putts and relying solely with the vibration feature. Now my inconsistent controller may or may not advise me when the vibration comes on and that’s where I am struggling with my putting decisions.

The sweet-spot for that vibration is inconsistent in my opinion. I am finding in my career matches that on long putts of say more than 40+ yards, I tend to leave it short about 6’-9’ of the hole. It’s just not as fluid for me.

Just when I thought I my drives started to get better (currently playing on Pro), my putts are deceiving me. If I can only put both parts of my game together...

I am currently of town until the weekend, maybe it’s just a good little break I need to get my game together when the society starts.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Yea putting is killing me even with the tips on here. Either too short or way too long.