PGA TOUR 2K21

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PGA TOUR 2K21

Post by Diablo25 »

Lowered the difficulty to Pro Am and shot a -2 on the front 9 at TPC Summerlin. Pro Am seems like the most similar to Pro Clubs from TGC 19.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

The servers came back later in the night and I picked up some random multiplayer wins.

There is a 2 v 2 scramble mode where each team picks the best shot that might be fun too.

Loving this game with how hard it is. I like how it is more challenging but that might not be for everyone outside of here.
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

My little Bro requested to join the society tonight...Toddarrito or something like that. He's legit, so you can let him in, not just some random. He was in the society a few games ago I think.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:33 am
My little Bro requested to join the society tonight...Toddarrito or something like that. He's legit, so you can let him in, not just some random. He was in the society a few games ago I think.
Added him.

Set up next weekends tournament as a 4 rounder at TPC Boston as that is where the PGA is playing this weekend, the course for next weekend at Olympia Fields isn't in the game as a lot of the created course aren't yet as they have to be imported over by the creators. Thought with the new game we could go back to 4 rounders when the courses match up with what the pros are playing and if a course isn't available for a weekend tournament we could set up a 2 rounder somewhere as a break on those weekends. Added John as an admin.

Played about 5 rounds yesterday and the game plays better for me by turning off the swing feedback and power meter, kept getting fast downswings by trying to time it with the power meter.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Zlax45 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:25 pm
We just tried to see up an alternate shot match but seems like the servers are a little overloaded. Will have to try it some other night!
After that failed attempt, I went to try to finish my 2K21 official Society round I was playing, and it quit on my after stammering around a few holes, and then crashing as it was loading another. I quit the game and restarted it. I got back to the Society menu and tried to resume my round, it just timed out and crashed again. I think their server was taking it in the shorts last night. We saw some of this early on with TGC 2019, so hopefully this will improve.

BTW, I guess I should pull for the Bruins to win the Stanley Cup. It would make my Canes look better to have been taken out by the eventual Stanley Cup champion. Besides, I don't think Rod Brind'Amour could afford too many more $25,000 fines if he had to go another series! :)

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:33 pm
Lowered the difficulty to Pro Am and shot a -2 on the front 9 at TPC Summerlin. Pro Am seems like the most similar to Pro Clubs from TGC 19.
Completely agree. Decided to drop to Pro-Am after seeing that advice on Reddit. Felt good to fairways with consistency again. That said, eager to get back at Pro...

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

vader29 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:43 am
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:33 am
Added him.

Set up next weekends tournament as a 4 rounder at TPC Boston as that is where the PGA is playing this weekend, the course for next weekend at Olympia Fields isn't in the game as a lot of the created course aren't yet as they have to be imported over by the creators. Thought with the new game we could go back to 4 rounders when the courses match up with what the pros are playing and if a course isn't available for a weekend tournament we could set up a 2 rounder somewhere as a break on those weekends. Added John as an admin.
Sounds like a good plan to me Vader. I did see that theclv4 has already ported Firethorn National over to 2K21, so we'll have a good version of
Augusta National to play when the Masters rolls around. I haven't played it yet, but I hear it ported well.
Played about 5 rounds yesterday and the game plays better for me by turning off the swing feedback and power meter, kept getting fast downswings by trying to time it with the power meter.
Same here... the power bars are a distraction for me all the way around. I turned them off and instead draw some clues from the vibration feedback, although I find the vibration starts a little bit sooner than it should. It's certainly not precise, but it does give you some measure of where you are in the swing. My senses are slowly adapting to it, but it's a long steep learning curve!

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

I'm liking the putting system a LOT now that I've figured it out, but I guess the power bar is a big reason for my success. Are we going to be disabling that for our society?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:34 am
I'm liking the putting system a LOT now that I've figured it out, but I guess the power bar is a big reason for my success. Are we going to be disabling that for our society?
I'm pretty sure the power bars could be set as an option. Some will find them beneficial, but others, may find them a hindrance. I'd be all for making them an option, just as I'm sure there are a number of other options that can be left to the discretion of the player, without affected the core difficulty level.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Putting is definitely better just pulling back barely on the stick...so thanks for the tips. I also removed the dumb meters from everything...helps tremendously. Shot even part finally...on Pro mode.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

I am all about the game being more difficult than too easy. I am now 5-0 in random matchplay. Probably never have that good of a run again!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Was just playing around with 10s and I got my first hole-in-one on the back nine at TPC Summerlin! I’m not sure what hole but if you look on the feed it will be there. I shot a 61 on Pro-Am difficulty. lolh SA
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Greensboronclion wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:23 pm
I am playing on PC and enjoying the hell out of it. I got six rounds in with worst of 82 and best of 70 playing Pro level. Definitely much tougher than 2019 but much more enjoyable and the ground physics are much better. A few Society out there for PC right now but more will be showing up soon. I go by Greensboronclion.
I sent a steam friend invite. Anyone else playing on steam? I need to add some friendly ghosts atleast. :)
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Post by Greensboronclion »

TheTruth wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:17 pm
Greensboronclion wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:23 pm
I am playing on PC and enjoying the hell out of it. I got six rounds in with worst of 82 and best of 70 playing Pro level. Definitely much tougher than 2019 but much more enjoyable and the ground physics are much better. A few Society out there for PC right now but more will be showing up soon. I go by Greensboronclion.
I sent a steam friend invite. Anyone else playing on steam? I need to add some friendly ghosts atleast. :)

I will accept it tomorrow when I go back into Steam. Played five rounds this afternoon at Pro level and it wore me out.😂

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Snagged this one yesterday after the positive feedback from you all. Really enjoying it so far in single player mode. Feeling pretty good about my swing so I'll jump in and play the tourney for the week.

The DEVS did a pretty good job upgrading this one from the last release.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

For now I’m doing the official 2k PC society and some random head to head online matches. Right now I’m tied for 14th at -6 and have gone 8-0-1 in random online matches.

I switched my swing stick to my right stick and it seems much more consistent. Also went back to the starter clubs, except for wedges, that have more forgiveness. We’ll see if the starter driver stays in the bag. I want to hit it long. :) still have the couple blow up holes occasionally.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I switched my driver and all the woods to TaylorMades along with the wedges and they are definitely less forgiving especially on Pro level. They may outdistance the current ones by at least 10 yards but more difficult to time your shots and leave it on the fairway or greens.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

10spro wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:50 am
I switched my driver and all the woods to TaylorMades along with the wedges and they are definitely less forgiving especially on Pro level. They may outdistance the current ones by at least 10 yards but more difficult to time your shots and leave it on the fairway or greens.
Yep. Noticed that too. Saving up to buy the most forgiving clubs I can. Distance isn't going to be a concern for a while!!! :)

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Apologies to those who messaged me last night on XBox Live, for not getting back to you. I had actually talked my wife into giving the game a go and she was playing a 9 hole match with me when the messages came in. I had her set to Amateur, but should have set her to the easiest swing difficulty (with no downswing timing). She got so frustrated trying to swing because she was toggling the stick so fast that it wasn't registering her downswing, and would reset on her. This happens to me at least a dozen times a round, but it was happening to her a dozen times per hole. She got so frustrated putting, knocking the ball 40 feet past the hole on a 10 foot putt because she said that's how hard she had to hit it to make her take her swing.

My wife's frustration with getting the game to register her swing go her so frustrated that she actually started crying 8O OTOH, she was so mad at it that she was determined to defeat it. She finished the front 9 at Harbour Town at +54, in a round that included 4 Shot Limit Exceededs. She complained about the left stick and the tempo, as she was getting a Slow or Very Slow just about every shot. She complained about the left stick feeling awkard to her, and naturally the Guest 1 player had my left thumbstick swing by default. I then altered her settings and put her on the right stick swing, and the Easy swing mode, with the downswing timing off. She then went out and parred the first three holes at TPC River Highlands and feels like she can take on the world now :D

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:20 am
10spro wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:50 am
Yep. Noticed that too. Saving up to buy the most forgiving clubs I can. Distance isn't going to be a concern for a while!!! :)
That's the route I need to take... hit fairways are far more precious to me right now than a 290 yard carry! :)

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

TheTruth wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:41 am
For now I’m doing the official 2k PC society and some random head to head online matches. Right now I’m tied for 14th at -6 and have gone 8-0-1 in random online matches.

I switched my swing stick to my right stick and it seems much more consistent. Also went back to the starter clubs, except for wedges, that have more forgiveness. We’ll see if the starter driver stays in the bag. I want to hit it long. :) still have the couple blow up holes occasionally.
I was planning to buy the PC version once it had at least a $20 price drop, so I could continue working on my LiDAR based course I started in TGC 2019. I may move my schedule up to buy it now because I'm curious to see how playing 2K21 at 60 FPS might help me with controller modulation. I'm having a problem with swing resets because of what I'm guessing is an insufficient pause at the top of my backswing. I trying taking the stick forward for the downswing and the golfer doesn't respond, then resets. When I do get a swing, my tempo is very inconsistent, fast and slow.

I can't help but wonder if it wouldn't feel a little bit better on my PC at 60 FPS, with a higher data throughput, which I was able to hit in TGC 2019 at 1440p? Any of you guys had a chance to compare the XBox One X version to the PC version on a good gaming PC? I'd be curious to read some reactions to this if so.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Sudz wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:19 am
Snagged this one yesterday after the positive feedback from you all. Really enjoying it so far in single player mode. Feeling pretty good about my swing so I'll jump in and play the tourney for the week.

The DEVS did a pretty good job upgrading this one from the last release.
I think they did a tremendous job with this upgrade, which almost feels more like a rebuilt engine to me at times. The array of outcomes just seems to be so much wider in this game. I love what they've done with the putting and the need for a better putting stroke on the part of the player to make it work. My performance is woefully lacking right now, but I have to admit that I'm really enjoying the learning curve. The game just feels so much deeper!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Did they remove the punch shot?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Danimal wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:40 pm
Did they remove the punch shot?
Yep and splash added.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

TheTruth wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:41 am

I think my wins and losses are not being calculated correctly on Sunday. I have played three matches today going 2-1 and it still says I am 4-0.