PGA TOUR 2K21

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PGA TOUR 2K21

Post by vader29 »

Created the private club DSP Digital Sportspage, we can start it up next week after everyone joins and gets used to the game a bit.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Only had time this morning to quickly create a golfer and play one round, ended up +14 in the official 2k society first round, good news was the leader was only -3 not the usual -16 they shoot per round. Going to take a while to get used to the swing and putting feels a lot more difficult than the last game but it was just one round.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

I will echo everyone's first impressions. I played two rounds on Pro, only turning off the putt preview I think. +18 at Quail Hollow the first round as I was learning everything and realizing how much everything changed. Putting definitely requires more finesse with the right stick. Don't know how many 3-4 putts I had in that round. I struggled with the swing tempo as well. My line was usually fairly straight, but I was constantly fast and slow. Probably only hit perfect a few times.

I was able to get a +1 at Sawgrass my second round on the same settings. Definitely improved my putting but still hit the ball all over the place. The tempo has me baffled right now, but it was only 2 rounds.

And yes, the game looks awesome on the X. Presentation is better as well.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Shot 2 rounds on Pro last night after the launch. The first round I shot like +14 or something. I was just working on my swing so I didn’t care about score. Second round I shot a 78 (+6) at Deere Run. I turned off the power meter in round 2 and just put it on “Percentage”. All you see below your feet is the projected percentage you need to swing. I turned off the reticule in Scout Cam. There are so many things in the settings - it took me a half hour to just go thru them and set what I wanted. I love the level of difficulty. This game is legit.

I’ll join the society today. Scores are going to be wide ranging :)
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Just pointing out some little things. Appreciate it if anyone picks up anything that is a bit different that previous games.

I love that you can just squeeze the left trigger to quickly jump up to high cam. It’s really convenient when chipping and putting.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Sorry for all of the posts...I am finding that a SLOW backswing helps a lot. I am barely moving the stick on backswings. Tempo has no impact on the backswing. When I say barely moving it I mean barely moving it. There is no need to take stick all the way down. I move it as little as possible. It helps a ton on putts. No matter how slow you pull the stick back on normal swings it still moves the same speed BUT it helps you gauge your downswing a lot. Slow backswing on putts is really really helpful. At least for me anyway At least for me anyway
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Just to be sure I am not missing an option, there is no longer elevation listed on putts right? I never see uphill or downhill 4 inches say.

Also I swore someone said there was a controller calibration in here, I don't see it.

Played one round on Pro Am shot +6 on the PC. Loving everything but trying to tweak the game to my liking. For instance I hate the percentage meter and shut it off.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I could be totally wrong on this but I think this is true when it comes to the vibration setting in your swing. I currently have the power meter turned off but I have it set to “percentage only”. As I mentioned above, “percentage only” means it just shows you the percentage you need to swing below your feet. Here’s my point with vibration. I believe you will feel a vibration in your backswing at the percentage that is set. EX. You are set to hit an 8 iron at 75%. About 3/4 of the way back on your backswing you will feel about vibration. In putting it really comes in handy. Anyone else using vibration and think this is how it works?
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

The more I test it the more I believe what I said in the above post is true. Maybe you guys know this and I just missed it in the tutorials :D but it really helps.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Found the calibration and after I did it my swings got worse LOL

Also found elevation settings.

Only thing I am not liking is putting and the vibration. Putting it is way too easy to his short or really long putts there is a very fine line with the middle ground with everything turned off.

I'm not a fan of the vibration either and it appears there is no way to disable it. I have meter to off but I still get the vibration.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

The putting is horrific in this game. LOL. Literally can't even move the stick fast enough on some of the shorter putts. Tons and tons of putts that are holing out because of speed. Annoying.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

I actually like the putting better on this game. I've holed out several putts, but that was mainly because I was used to 2019. You really have to finesse the stick to putt on this one. Just tough to get out of the habit of 2019's putting.

There is a setting to turn off vibration. Under "controller" maybe?

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:04 am
Slow backswing on putts is really really helpful.
I was coming here to complain about the putting mechanism, and saw this. Didn't even occur to me to pull back the stick slowly. This helped a TON with putting and the rest of the game, thanks!!!!!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:28 pm
Diablo25 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:04 am
Slow backswing on putts is really really helpful.
I was coming here to complain about the putting mechanism, and saw this. Didn't even occur to me to pull back the stick slowly. This helped a TON with putting and the rest of the game, thanks!!!!!
No problem. I was almost going to say I didn’t like the putting until I figured out just to take slow backswings. You literally only have to move the stick a fraction of an inch to start the backswing and from then on just control it. It really helps gauging the softness or hardness of your putt.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

I joined the society so accept me ;-)
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Weird because everything I’ve heard and read was saying that putting was too easy.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

I think putting is a bit easier (not in a bad way) once you get the idea of using the slow backswing and finessing your putts. I haven't felt cheated on putts so far like I did at times on 2019 (most of that being the wonky fast green physics). I don't think the 3-4 putt holes will be as prevalent in this one once you get it down.

Still trying to get somewhat consistent swings on Pro. I do like how the difficulty of the swing mainly dictates how you will score. I think alot of the courses made on 2019 relied on difficult greens for higher scores.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

vader29 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:24 am
Created the private club DSP Digital Sportspage, we can start it up next week after everyone joins and gets used to the game a bit.
Great! I just applied for membership. It looks like the Society feature will be a little more stripped down, at least cosmetically. It looks pretty vanilla compared to what we had in 2019. It's supposed to offer some more settings and options with the setup, which in the end is of more value to the players and the admins.

This game is still kicking my butt in Pro difficulty, but I can see a slight bit of improvement in my play. The slow deliberate stroke for the putting has helped my out tremendously. Wish I could find something that would help me with tempo management as much!
Last edited by J_Cauthen on Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Accepted all requests to the society, John is the only one who looks different than all of us with the Adidas gear. :lol:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I have played like 5 rounds of 18 and 9 holes and I have yet to break par on Pro. My best was a 38 on the front at Sawgrass. Loving the game.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

vader29 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:44 pm
Accepted all requests to the society, John is the only one who looks different than all of us with the Adidas gear. :lol:
I show up in Adidas gear in my profile :o When I created my MyPLAYER, the first thing I did was get out of that gear and buy something generic and really quite blase. Am I the only one who did the digital preorder on XBox Live? That's where it came from.

On another note, I'm embarrassingly bad at 2K21. I've yet to break 80 in Pro. I seriously need to consider going back to Pro-Am. :oops: :)

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Zlax raised the idea of doing an Alt-Shot match. I can get one lined up for 10 PM EDT (50 minutes from now), if anyone is interested. I'll be online practicing if you want to give me a holler.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Anybody playing on PC? Recently switched back to PC gaming. My steam friend code is 10267795 if anyone wants to play some online.

Getting the tempo right even on Pro clubs can be frustrating for sure. Seems like the same swing get different results. Have also notice my left stick (swing stick) drifts bad in the game. Seems they made it very sensitive to any kind of movement. But am enjoying the game. The performance and graphics on PC are awesome!! Nothing like the old TGC versions on xbox.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Post by Greensboronclion »

I am playing on PC and enjoying the hell out of it. I got six rounds in with worst of 82 and best of 70 playing Pro level. Definitely much tougher than 2019 but much more enjoyable and the ground physics are much better. A few Society out there for PC right now but more will be showing up soon. I go by Greensboronclion.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

We just tried to see up an alternate shot match but seems like the servers are a little overloaded. Will have to try it some other night!
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"