NHL 21 News

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NHL 21 News

Post by XXXIV »

vader29 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:54 pm
They said everyone who signed up for it should get a code.
Maybe everyone should but I dont have one as of yet.

Are they giving extra ones?

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

XXXIV wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:46 pm
vader29 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:54 pm
They said everyone who signed up for it should get a code.
Maybe everyone should but I dont have one as of yet.

Are they giving extra ones?
Really? Anyone have an extra code? Share it with Zorba. And remember get the settings ready, camera, etc.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Check your junk email folder maybe?

Created Dragons team.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

vader29 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:25 pm
Check your junk email folder maybe?

Created Dragons team.
Checked everywhere. Even other email accounts.

Too bad was looking forward to it.

Might be a sign? No 21 in my future? There does have to be a reason I reactivated my WoW account after years away.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

XXXIV wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:14 pm

Might be a sign? No 21 in my future? There does have to be a reason I reactivated my WoW account after years away.
I only play offline franchise and since there are only online modes in this beta you can have my code. I'll PM it to you.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

MizzouRah wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:01 pm
XXXIV wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:14 pm

I only play offline franchise and since there are only online modes in this beta you can have my code. I'll PM it to you.

Awesome....Thanks!!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Zorba, check your inbox and you’ll see the invite from Vader. We played a couple of games already, the season ends in 3 days it says, not sure if the gameplay itself or if they pull the game off in 3 days. We can try to hook up briefly every night. Get all your settings done etc...

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:57 pm
Zorba, check your inbox and you’ll see the invite from Vader. We played a couple of games already, the season ends in 3 days it says, not sure if the gameplay itself or if they pull the game off in 3 days. We can try to hook up briefly every night. Get all your settings done etc...
Ends in 3 days? That is extremely weak but should we expect anything else but weak?

Ill check for the invite and look for you boys tonight.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Went back to some trailer gameplay G7, after what you mentioned yesterday about the new features in 21. I must admit that I was very concerned about the Lacrosse goal during the Beta, but apparently is not so easy to accomplish. In fact, I am glad that I never saw it during the Beta. You would have to be perfect to see it in the net.

My favorite feature will be the play where you can keep your acceleration and speed after you’ve been bumped on the boards. If you’re able to perform a deke to elude a heavy hit, you should be able to maintain your momentum without losing your balance as it is currently. On our right side, we are not big guys and being a dangler, you should enjoy that new move for sure.

That, along the customizable skating that matches your style is what I am really looking forward to. I mean I don’t know among you guys who skates in real life, but I do look forward to apply that option to mimic my skating.

But EA should balance somehow the play for those that play D. I understand why they emphasize so much on offense but they should also make it enjoyable for those people that take D for the first time or encourage them to play it properly.

Everyone loves a big hit, but with that you ought to know that you put yourself out of position creating odd chances for the opponent.

I rather see more efficiency in the puck stripping that the actual physical play.

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I don't play BAP but after the revamp news I just might try it out this year.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

It would be nice if they would let us know more about NHL 94. I would probably only buy that version so I guess that’s why they they are trying to get you to preorder NHL21 first.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

tjung0831 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:48 am
It would be nice if they would let us know more about NHL 94. I would probably only buy that version so I guess that’s why they they are trying to get you to preorder NHL21 first.
EA has put some videos of it on Twitter. It's pretty clearly just the Sega Genesis game running on an emulator, with some hacks to the ROM for updated rosters and logos.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSNHL/status/ ... 9376281603
https://twitter.com/TheClapperton/statu ... 1793528838

Honestly myself and others have been making annual rom hacks at nhl94.com that do the same, along with other improvements to things like graphics that look much better than EA's "official hack."

For instance:

NHL94 Rewind by EA

NHL20 by me

XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

@Naples I tried your mod some weeks back after you promoted it recently. Was very cool and a nice example of updating a classic through emulation. Thanks for the work on it.

@Dragons... Since EA Access dropped today for 21, are we trying to play tonight or are we waiting for the weekend?

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

GameSeven wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:32 pm
@Naples I tried your mod some weeks back after you promoted it recently. Was very cool and a nice example of updating a classic through emulation. Thanks for the work on it.

@Dragons... Since EA Access dropped today for 21, are we trying to play tonight or are we waiting for the weekend?
Doesn't matter to me, I'd be good with a couple games tonight or we could save all of our trial time for the weekend, I created the club as quickly as I could so as to not use up too much time.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Fun weekend boys. Game is more fun I think and closer to the real on ice action IF you are disciplined and play it correctly. There’s more variety in goals, passes are quite satisfying when you connect them especially long ones, it just seems that the 10 hours flew by...And yeah playing D is challenging because if you’re caught cheating, the forwards seem so much speedier creating more odd men chances.

I had that ‘UNO’ mas feeling in the end...

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

GameSeven wrote:
Thanks, I hope you enjoy it if you have a convenient way to play on emulators every now and again!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Naples39 wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:10 pm
GameSeven wrote:
Thanks, I hope you enjoy it if you have a convenient way to play on emulators every now and again!
Did you stop playing it on the console? You can rejoin the Dragons anytime.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

10spro wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:37 pm
Naples39 wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:10 pm
GameSeven wrote:
Did you stop playing it on the console? You can rejoin the Dragons anytime.
I haven't even plugged in my Xbox in like a year or 2 and have bailed on the NHL series for a few years. Just playing a bit of games on PC or Switch as time allows in short bursts with 2 little ones in the house...

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

I purchased the game...mostly to get the NHL 94 Rewind download in a couple of weeks but i'm having a good time with the main game. I liked 20 but this is definitely a much better game than 20. Got a bit of a different feel to it. I've played about 3 games so far...all have been fun and i'd like to spend the rest of the day playing it but don't have the time. I'll get in a couple of games tonight but I think we have a decent game here.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

For some offline play, I've been pleasantly surprised by the Be A Pro mode.

I find I'm enjoying 20 minute periods using "Full Sim"/"All Star" with Sim between shifts.

My team, even if I did get drafted by my most hated club, is at .500 through about a dozen games. I have a ton of assists, but only netted two goals myself. It's challenging and the gameplay feels pretty fair. Even the board battles are a lot better playing the game this way.

I think you can play the mode while choosing your starting squad, but I thought playing the Juniors Tourney and draft was the way to go. Of course, if you're a competent player, if you go that route you'll probably end up on my hated rivals, too.

Also, it's a little bit unfortunate that the draft order isn't randomized, since rosters reflect the choices that have already been made in this year's draft (i.e. Laf and Byfield are on NYR and LAK already) but then you are *also* drafted by one of these teams.

But it's been a fun diversion from the same old.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

GameSeven wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:38 pm

I find I'm enjoying 20 minute periods using "Full Sim"/"All Star" with Sim between shifts.

My team, even if I did get drafted by my most hated club, is at .500 through about a dozen games. I have a ton of assists, but only netted two goals myself. It's challenging and the gameplay feels pretty fair. Even the board battles are a lot better playing the game this way.

I think you can play the mode while choosing your starting squad, but I thought playing the Juniors Tourney and draft was the way to go. Of course, if you're a competent player, if you go that route you'll probably end up on my hated rivals, too.

Also, it's a little bit unfortunate that the draft order isn't randomized, since rosters reflect the choices that have already been made in this year's draft (i.e. Laf and Byfield are on NYR and LAK already) but then you are *also* drafted by one of these teams.

I was just going to post the same thing.. I never play these modes but I'm having an absolute blast with BAP! I'm a power forward for the WHL Seattle Thunderbirds and in our first game, we go into OT tied 2-2 and I get the game winner on a great pass to me right in front of the goal. It was one of those gaming moments, if you know what I mean!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Good to hear guys, have to try BAP yet, in the past I would just get bored rather quickly in that mode.

What I did enjoyed so far aside from hooking up with the Dragons over the weekends is ‘Ones’. Three players, you’re on your own vs the other two while trying to score on the goalie. You get to practice your skills, practice your D, positioning and a little strategy along the way. Games go fast, they are only three minutes games I believe and most importantly you don’t get called for pressing the RB button. No penalties.

Again, perfect for practicing your D especially when it comes to poking the puck, lots of hitting and you do need to be a good sniper to win the matches.

A perfect combination of offense and defense in an online setting.

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

MizzouRah wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:06 pm
GameSeven wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:38 pm

[ . . . ]
I was just going to post the same thing.. I never play these modes but I'm having an absolute blast with BAP! I'm a power forward for the WHL Seattle Thunderbirds and in our first game, we go into OT tied 2-2 and I get the game winner on a great pass to me right in front of the goal. It was one of those gaming moments, if you know what I mean!
Absolutely. It recaptures some of that "fist pump" feeling of putting together a great scoring play when the game is tight. And playing with a man advantage definitely feels like it, since 5-on-5 play is typically pretty tight with time and space a challenge.

Definitely having more fun than I expected.