Man Eater

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Man Eater

Post by Teal »

I've had my eye on this one for a couple months. It looked like the kind of cathartic diversion I like now and then. I bought it, and have not been disappointed.

The game is set up like a "reality show" like Swamp People or one of the deep sea fishing shows. You're "caught" early on by a shark hunter, and killed. The Cajun hunter cuts baby shark out of your carcass and the baby shark escapes, with the Hunter's hand. You then begin the game proper as the baby shark.

It's a non linear, open world game with zones unlocked after completing certain objectives. Most of them involve eating the plentiful sea life, and humans. There are also side missions involving finding new hidden areas, points of interest, license plates, and taking on "boss" enemies like Gators, barracuda, other sharks, etc. If you go in as a level 3 and take on a level 15 gator, you will not survive.

Eat enough humans, and the shark hunters come looking for you. They can shoot you from their boats as long as they have line of sight, even if you dive underneath the waves. But there are caverns and lots of things to hide behind until they lose interest. Ramp up your infamy level, and you'll see a "celebrity" shark hunter appear to take you on.

You begin in the marshes of deep Louisiana, but open up new, expansive zones that are wildly different from one another. Combat is fairly straightforward and satisfying. Eat a human in the water, and the surrounding area becomes saturated with blood. Jump out onto the land for a few seconds to ingest a couple snacks, and blood splatters the ground, walls, cars, etc. But you have to get back in the water quick, or you'll suffocate.
I'm having an absolute blast playing. I can honestly say I've never played anything like it. Your shark grows, and you can apply upgrades to your teeth, increase your health and armor, jumping ability, etc.

It's just a fun, fun little game. Highly recommend.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Man Eater

Post by ScoopBrady »

This sounds cool. Unfortunately my gaming time now is pretty much relegated to the Switch so i will have to wait until it releases for it.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

LOL, this game is a riot. I'm having a ball. Very far into it, and you start becoming a badass. Some of the challenging enemies become just more fodder.

But you can be quickly reminded that there's always a bigger fish.

Just got that reminder when my level 29 shark met up with a level 40 Killer Whale...it was quick and bloody...lol.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

So I bought this over the holidays when it was on sale for $12 and completely forgot about it. Last night I installed it and was pleasantly surprised to see that it also received an upgrade for the Xbox Series X/S consoles. Damn this game is vibrant and beautiful to see. Gameplay is quite fun too! I haven't tackled the alligator yet, but a couple more upgrades I will. Wasn't sure about the whole shaRkPG aspect, but they nailed this! Right now I'm stuck in the murky Louisiana waters, can't wait to open up more of the world and see how good the clean water looks!