The Last of Us 2

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Last of Us 2

Post by Sudz »

TCrouch wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:53 am
Not gonna lie...that was the closest I've come to throwing a controller in years, Sudz. No trick or gimmick, just gotta get lucky with not running into tables or walls.
SAME HERE! Finally took that boss down last night after about 5 more tries.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

TCrouch wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:53 am
Not gonna lie...that was the closest I've come to throwing a controller in years, Sudz. No trick or gimmick, just gotta get lucky with not running into tables or walls.
Agree with all that has been said about this boss fight. I was excited when I got a cut scene to only realize I still had more work to do. That was not fun. I stayed on “moderate” difficulty, but probably died over a dozen times.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I just discovered a quicker way to pick up your ammo, tools etc for your crafting experience if pressing triangle is too tedious in your quest to better your equipment. You’ll still have to open doors and drawers manually but the rest should be on Auto. Just go to accessibility in settings, then alternative controls and Auto pick-ups.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Now you tell me 10spro! I just finished the game this evening. Heck of a ride and definitely felt like I got my money's worth.

There were a couple times when I thought the game was over, only to extend the story for another 45 minutes to an hour. I did think it felt a little drawn out towards the end. Maybe I was just anticipating finishing. Either way, I was content with how it ended and have no concerns about the story.

I do wish the cover system was better implemented. There were quite a few instances where I put myself in harms way only becuase of the wonky controls at times.

Other than that, Naughty Dog put their heart and soul in to the game and it very much showed. That said, I guess I can understand some of the complaints regarding the story, some of the character direction, etc. It definitely didn't deter my overall enjoyment.