The Last of Us 2

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

The Last of Us 2

Post by 10spro »

Naughty Dog best creation in my opinion is about to be released. The first story just gripped me from the very beginning and after what it seems to be like an eternity, part two will finally be in our hands next month.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Last of Us 2

Post by Diablo25 »

BAD ASS GAME. Incredible story. I had a blast playing the first. Just a very emotional ride. The story trailer to this one looks incredible. Day 1 purchase.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

This is one game that will pull me away from MLB the Show, Animal Crossing, and tinkering with pc games. The first game was absolutely special and I can't wait for next one!

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

What is the release date? the 29th confirmed???

I'm planning on firing up the pre-episode and the main game this week!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Sudz wrote:What is the release date? the 29th confirmed???

I'm planning on firing up the pre-episode and the main game this week!
I think it’s 6/19 not 6/29. Fire it up. Phenomenal game.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

oh yeah. this would be playthrough 3 or 4.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

There was more footage from the state of play yesterday.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Yes I watched some of that and cannot wait to play the game. Naughty Dog just does an awesome job with these types of games. If it’s anything close to the first one it will be an epic game.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I've only played a little over an hour, but holy ****! Naughty Dog once again has hit it out of the mother ******* ballpark!! Great story so far and the visuals are just so beautiful.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Time is just flying, beautiful game indeed.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

About to start up this bad boy.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

oh man.... this thing gets going early.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Just under 8 hours in and still absolutely loving the story and game play! The balance between whether to use stealth or your weapons is very strategic. I'll find myself with what I believe to be a well stocked inventory of ammunition only to be drained very quickly because I approached a battle of zombies and/or humans in a clumsy manner.

Just an absolute classic of a game.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Haven't had a chance to get this yet but why are the fan reviews so bad compared to media reviews?

A 3.9 metacritic is extremely bad and you can't blame it all on review bombing because there are so well thought out negative posts. I was busy this weekend or would of gotten it, now I think I will wait for a sale.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I was the dummy who purchased and downloaded the game prior to reading some of the reviews. I wasn’t as sold on TLOU in general as I am not a fan of the horror aspect and I never even finished the first. Saw all the positive posts on websites so purchased and downloaded when I was out of town. Luckily I never actually played the game and I got on PlayStation Chat and they were nice enough to give me a one time exception to get the refund. It really seems like the gaming public hates it...

Maybe I’ll finish the first and circle back around when it’s cheaper, but for now, not itching to play it really.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:07 pm
I was the dummy who purchased and downloaded the game prior to reading some of the reviews. I wasn’t as sold on TLOU in general as I am not a fan of the horror aspect and I never even finished the first. Saw all the positive posts on websites so purchased and downloaded when I was out of town. Luckily I never actually played the game and I got on PlayStation Chat and they were nice enough to give me a one time exception to get the refund. It really seems like the gaming public hates it...

Maybe I’ll finish the first and circle back around when it’s cheaper, but for now, not itching to play it really.
I'm just kind of confused there are close to 57k user reviews, but the critic reviews are a 95. I always put more stock in user reviews but something doesn't add up. I know most review sites are more "woke" for lack of a better term these days but that is a huge disparity.
Follow Me on:

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I get it if you didn't like the first game like Db. That's understandable. We don't all like the same games. For the life of me, I can't get in to the Witcher 3 (have tried more than a few times) while the majority of people salivate over that game.

I do think the vast majority of the hate comes from the hate that gamers have for LGBT+ in games. They don't like it being politicized. And then you have others who are Xbox fan boys.

In any event, I wholeheartedly agree with the professional reviewers. It's currently a crowning achievement in my eyes for Naughty Dog.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I was telling the Dragon Boyz over the weekend how much I loved the first game and continue to exercise the same contentment for this game. The attention to details, the narrative, the already shocking storyline this early in the game is pure golden.

Perhaps, with my silver ageing I stopped for awhile listening or reading any so called fan reviews or websites with a clear agenda. Naughty Dog has done another amazing job with this game and nothing will deter my enjoyment of the game.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

It’s a tremendous game. I have the same feeling I had when playing RDR2. You get connected to the characters because it’s done so well. Naughty Dog is a next level developer.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Appreciate the feedback. I'm going to purchase it this week and play it as the first one is in my top 5 games of all time. I just know a lot of friends who aren't happy with the story but can't tell me why without spoiling it and they also said there is absolutely nothing new game play wise, just better graphics. I don't really need new game play and I'm getting the feeling the people who don't like it are just upset because characters from 1 are under utilized or worse do complete 180's on who they were. Guess I will find out for myself soon.
Follow Me on:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Danimal wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:35 pm
Appreciate the feedback. I'm going to purchase it this week and play it as the first one is in my top 5 games of all time. I just know a lot of friends who aren't happy with the story but can't tell me why without spoiling it and they also said there is absolutely nothing new game play wise, just better graphics. I don't really need new game play and I'm getting the feeling the people who don't like it are just upset because characters from 1 are under utilized or worse do complete 180's on who they were. Guess I will find out for myself soon.
When I mentioned a rather early ‘shocking storyline’ I guess your friends didn’t quite enjoy that part. Hey, neither did I to be honest but again it did not deter me one bit as to whether I wanted to continue or not. I am even curious for those players that gave it a mediocre review if they finished the whole game. The new characters definitely add a new dimension to the story. And I am pretty sure I haven’t even scratched the surface of what’s to come...

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Finished it up yesterday. I could definitely see why guys lost their minds and posted such bad reviews, but what I imagine to be their big problem didn't bother me as much. At first I was a little "wtf?", but I got over it pretty quickly. Naughty Dog told the story they wanted to tell. I'm not going to slam them for making choices in how they want to tell that story, but to each his own.

TLOU 1 and 2 are still the only two games in history where my wife has watched every second, from start to finish.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

How the hell do you beat the Boss Abby fights in the Hospital basement? I tried for at least an hour last night and finally gave up and played NCAA 14.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Not gonna lie...that was the closest I've come to throwing a controller in years, Sudz. No trick or gimmick, just gotta get lucky with not running into tables or walls.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I’ll end up doing what I did on Horizon....lower the difficulty for just that part. :D
PSN Name - EPDiablo25