Coronavirus Suggestions

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Coronavirus Suggestions

Post by fsquid »

I'm holding my breath here as the local soccer youth club is holding their big soccer tourney this weekend. There are lots of safeguards in place, but we will see if it happens.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

fsquid wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:56 am
I'm holding my breath here as the local soccer youth club is holding their big soccer tourney this weekend. There are lots of safeguards in place, but we will see if it happens.
That's nuts. My sons club soccer team is literally having practice in 6 foot wide boxes. Footwork and a little passing, but that's absolutely ALL we are allowed to do. And this limited practice guideline just started this week!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

fsquid wrote:
Simply ridiculous, considering how Florida is en fuego with COVID. Ron De Santis, Brian Kemp and Donald Trump are neck and neck in the running for the 2020 Darwin Award.

New York has among the best numbers in the country, and my high school-age son has played in ONE tournament this summer and has had formal training with his club team twice. The start of his high school training has been delayed a month until late September. And this is all in a state with a positive test rating of 0.9 percent. Florida's positive test rate is 17.7 percent.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I've had adult games since early June. We did the grid training for kids in June but its been normal training since late July.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

fsquid wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:52 pm
I've had adult games since early June. We did the grid training for kids in June but its been normal training since late July.
No wonder Florida is a COVID inferno.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

pk500 wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:01 pm
fsquid wrote:
South Florida is. My county is 250k population with 3.5k cases. Hopefully those numbers stay low

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

fsquid wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:51 pm
pk500 wrote:
fsquid wrote:
South Florida is. My county is 250k population with 3.5k cases. Hopefully those numbers stay low
My county in Massachusetts has 13k cases out of a population of 840k. Out of the 58 College Football programs in New England, only one hasn't canceled in Boston College.
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

fsquid wrote:
pk500 wrote:
fsquid wrote:
That's low? Maybe by a Ron De Santis definition. My county has 450K people, with 3.6K cases. Almost double the pop, with about same number of cases.

Stay healthy, man.

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

pk500 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:43 am
fsquid wrote:
pk500 wrote:

That's low? Maybe by a Ron De Santis definition. My county has 450K people, with 3.6K cases. Almost double the pop, with about same number of cases.

Stay healthy, man.
About 375,000 residents and 8,000+ cases,. Guess that comes with being in one of the recent hotbed of Covid (Houston area). Pretty sure Terry is in the next county over with a smaller population but almost 2k more cases.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

My beer league has been shut down since March but it looks like they want to get rolling again in October. No way I f***in play though. So far only 3 players say they'll be back if they get going again and one is a goalie.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Sudz wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:11 pm
My beer league has been shut down since March but it looks like they want to get rolling again in October. No way I f***in play though. So far only 3 players say they'll be back if they get going again and one is a goalie.
I've been playing since early July. No spectators and soccer doesn't really have the prolonged contact

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

fsquid wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:50 pm
Sudz wrote:
I've been playing since early July. No spectators and soccer doesn't really have the prolonged contact
Eeeshk. You're not breathing on each other? Nobody's going up to head balls against opponents? Nobody is spitting on the field or around other players?

Good luck, man. Hope you stay healthy. That's a risk I wouldn't take now, but I'm 55.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Oh f*** no I’m not playing. Not getting anywhere near a rink unless I have the ice to myself.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Sudz wrote:
They banned hockey tournaments in Massachusetts so they moved all the tournaments to NH and CT. Take a guess what happened?

There was outbreaks at some of them....

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

My good friend is 66 years old and still plays hockey weekly on a over 50 league.

In Michigan our governor has shut down the ice rinks, gyms, and bowling allies.

Here is my friend's reply to my question on why he is still able to play hockey weekly:

"We skate at XXXX Center. They are open. Not sure how. All the city owned ice rinks are closed. At the xxxx center, the lobby area is completely closed. They have 4 rinks. I think 3 are operating. When they closed in March, they got rid of the ice and shut down the cooling system, so they didn’t have that expense. Each rink has its own separate entrance and separate exit. You can’t go from rink to rink.

Everyone gets their temperature checked and you have to wear a mask when entering and exiting the rink. You don’ have to wear a mask while playing. The dressing rooms are open, but I dress at home and finish getting ready outside the dressing room, also no showers available. We can only enter the rink 15 minutes before our start time and have to be out 15 minutes after our time ends. Ice times are staggered so that no one comes into a rink until everyone from the previous skate is out. Dressing rooms and bench areas are cleaned and sanitized between skates."

-MERACE

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:33 pm
fsquid wrote:
That's nuts. My sons club soccer team is literally having practice in 6 foot wide boxes. Footwork and a little passing, but that's absolutely ALL we are allowed to do. And this limited practice guideline just started this week!
My son's soccer league started back up 2 weeks ago. It started similar to how you're describing. However, for some reason, they have announced that they will be transitioning to full contact and starting up games over the next few weeks. They did give an option to continue the non-contact training but that was only going to last a few more weeks (and only a small handfull signed up). We ended up pulling him. Not sure what the big f'in hurry is?!?!?

He was thrilled to be back and loved that the smaller groups and more 1:1 training. Sucks it had to change so quickly into something we're just not ready for yet.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Spooky wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:55 am
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:33 pm
fsquid wrote:
My son's soccer league started back up 2 weeks ago. It started similar to how you're describing. However, for some reason, they have announced that they will be transitioning to full contact and starting up games over the next few weeks. They did give an option to continue the non-contact training but that was only going to last a few more weeks (and only a small handfull signed up). We ended up pulling him. Not sure what the big f'in hurry is?!?!?

He was thrilled to be back and loved that the smaller groups and more 1:1 training. Sucks it had to change so quickly into something we're just not ready for yet.
Especially with the huge outbreak over at UNC down there.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Our soccer club did the 6 foot grid thing starting Memorial Day. After two weeks they could do 4v4.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Oh POTUS...guess you had it coming.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:45 am
Oh POTUS...guess you had it coming.
But it will disappear... :roll:

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I’m beginning to think this stuff might be contagious.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

Nick Saban (and the AD) catches the COVID. Hope the best for him, but man what unfortunate timing ahead of this weekend's big game with Georgia.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

F308GTB wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:23 pm
Nick Saban (and the AD) catches the COVID. Hope the best for him, but man what unfortunate timing ahead of this weekend's big game with Georgia.
then he still coaches!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

fsquid wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:54 pm
F308GTB wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:23 pm
then he still coaches!
How much do you think the Alabama athletic department paid the testing agency for the consecutive negative tests so St. Nick could be back on the sidelines? Another probability: 'Bama lied out of its ass about the negative tests and let Saban coach while positive.

Take your pick. One or the other happened. Nobody tests positive and then is negative two days later unless the first test was faulty -- which no one has acknowledged -- or Saban received some of the same miracle cures that Trump got at Walter Reed.

College football is more important than public health in SEC country, so this kind of tomf*ckery isn't just mooted -- it's expected.