Super Mega Baseball 3

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Super Mega Baseball 3

Post by Rodster »

Would love to see the developer branch out and do Super Mega Football and Super Mega Hockey. 8)

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

I have no experience with the game and crushing teams at ego 30...they have made the ego harder this year from what I remember reading so past levels aren’t going to be a good factor.
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Just went up to ego 50 and proceeded to lose 3-0 with the Heaters against the Moonstars. I had 2 hits in the five inning game while Moonstars had six hits including a two run homer

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

FYI for people trying to decide which system to buy for...the text on the Switch in handheld mode is microscopic. Don’t know how much I will play in handheld, especially on my Lite. It’s rough on the eyes sadly. Guess I’m buying for the Xbox too, lol.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

I played about 14 online games in the Pennant race setting tonight with minimal issues. It will be interesting when they add the custom one this summer. Should we have a DSP League?

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

This is a really fun game. I lost for the first time in my franchise 6 games in on Ego:55.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

This just showed up on Steam is it worth it? Because I'm not really digging RBI 20
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:This just showed up on Steam is it worth it? Because I'm not really digging RBI 20
It beats the living piss out of RBI 20 as far as arcade baseball games goes. However, if you want real players, you've only got one option. SMB has been awesome since the first version and the latest is so damn impressive, I wish I had the time to go through and edit all the teams. LOL.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Danimal wrote:This just showed up on Steam is it worth it? Because I'm not really digging RBI 20
It beats the living piss out of RBI 20 as far as arcade baseball games goes. However, if you want real players, you've only got one option. SMB has been awesome since the first version and the latest is so damn impressive, I wish I had the time to go through and edit all the teams. LOL.
It is soooo nice to see a game like this. It’s a fun game. Period. That why we play games. It would be sweet to see SMB with the MLB license.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

There is a free demo for you to get a feel for it. I am already on game 12 of my franchise which I started up last night, There is only 20 teams in the game but I wanted a 32 team league so they filled the other 12 teams with new team names which include logos. I was stunned that the logos and uniforms all match up.

I have also played 16 games in the Pennant Race online and had maybe about two hiccups on pitches online. So it has worked well.

I can't recommend this game enough and stunned there are not more of the DSP'ers raving about this as it is right up our alley.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Diablo25 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:
It is soooo nice to see a game like this. It’s a fun game. Period. That why we play games. It would be sweet to see SMB with the MLB license.
I actually like it without the license since we get to learn the new players and keeps things fresh. We all know who the Angels big hitter is but do you know who is that pain on the Blowfish? :-)

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I like that also but the MLB would be stupid not to have a similar game on the market.

Every year in The Show I download fictional rosters for the same reason....not knowing the players is cool.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

FWIW I've seen real MLB roster patches for SMB2 floating around on the internet for the PC version. I would presume it's inevitable for SMB3 sooner or later as well.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Naples39 wrote:FWIW I've seen real MLB roster patches for SMB2 floating around on the internet for the PC version. I would presume it's inevitable for SMB3 sooner or later as well.
My son was able to download the MLB rosters the first day of release. So, they're out there if you're really looking for them. I prefer the rosters that come with the game.

Game really is great. The difficulty has been amped up, I'm being challenged at ego of 50.

Awesome that they announce the names of the players now when they come to bat.

I still love The Show, but the fielding and pitching in this game just feels right and overall fun.

Franchis gives this games much more legs. However, the player development training seems not necessarily worth the risk, or maybe I don't really understand it. If I purchase a training development for a certain player, it might only be for one game? Right now, I'm saving my dollars to sign some players for later in the year or offseason.

Played the demo on the Switch and found it be a bit darker and muddier. I'll probably purchase it down the line when it's on sale.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Really loving this version a ton. For me, I could care less if they add a MLB license. They have created an insanely well balanced game. Their franchise mode is also really well done and balanced. It allows for all kinds of strategic approaches to building and maintaining a team.

And I think a MLB license would ruin it. Right now, I can enjoy the performances of my players, and plan going forward without a need to “fix” ratings, or becoming concerned with certain results. Everything is as it is in that universe. Instead of fixing the game, I’m just learning to play it better. I am enjoying the uniform nd logo editor, though.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Aristo wrote:Really loving this version a ton. For me, I could care less if they add a MLB license. They have created an insanely well balanced game. Their franchise mode is also really well done and balanced. It allows for all kinds of strategic approaches to building and maintaining a team.

And I think a MLB license would ruin it. Right now, I can enjoy the performances of my players, and plan going forward without a need to “fix” ratings, or becoming concerned with certain results. Everything is as it is in that universe. Instead of fixing the game, I’m just learning to play it better. I am enjoying the uniform nd logo editor, though.
Same here...I also love the ego system as I can make it tougher to hit but keep my pitching the same.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Teal and I just played 2 online games...smooth as butter. No delays or anything. Super fun game. I hope MetalHead makes a killing on the game.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

This game is starting to own me. Been playing the crap out of Pennant Race.

Started out pretty rough. Between last week and this week I lost nine straight games. But then things started to click, and I won seven straight games, including Nercy Ruling one poor guy.

There has never even a baseball game that played this well online. Kind of doubted we would ever get one because of how lag can effect hitting. But this game nailed, and the cat mouse games are on.

And just when I thought I was really owning this game, I guy just cane in a beat me 3-1, and I had just two hits. One was a meaningless 2-dinger he left over the plate, which he had not done all game. I think with no one on and a 3 run lead he decided to just pitch to contact.

But he found a weakness I didn’t realize I had hitting and just buried me at the plate. Just makes me love the game more.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Aristo wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 1:18 pm
This game is starting to own me. Been playing the crap out of Pennant Race.

Started out pretty rough. Between last week and this week I lost nine straight games. But then things started to click, and I won seven straight games, including Nercy Ruling one poor guy.

There has never even a baseball game that played this well online. Kind of doubted we would ever get one because of how lag can effect hitting. But this game nailed, and the cat mouse games are on.

And just when I thought I was really owning this game, I guy just cane in a beat me 3-1, and I had just two hits. One was a meaningless 2-dinger he left over the plate, which he had not done all game. I think with no one on and a 3 run lead he decided to just pitch to contact.

But he found a weakness I didn’t realize I had hitting and just buried me at the plate. Just makes me love the game more.
I am around game 100 in my 124 game franchise...I been LOVING it. I just went through a ten game stretch where I went 3-7 on Ego 50.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

So I finished my 124 game season with the number 1 seed in a 32 team custom franchise. I proceed to win the Wild Card round matchup with a 4-0 sweep and then the league championship with a comfortable four games to one. I head into the World Series round and proceed to lose it in 6 games so I just wasted a 124 game season to finish second place. It was thrilling though as I felt the pressure of I just wasted all that time playing all those games for nothing. Onto season 2 now!

I am still loving this game.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Just finished a 32 game season and am through the first round of the playoffs. Having more fun playing this game than The Show. Pitching and defense is just more rewarding, and I love the new stealing function. I made a few player moves during the season, two of which turned out to be positive. I'm looking forward to the off season and seeing who retires, decides not to resign, etc.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

sportdan30 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:03 pm
Just finished a 32 game season and am through the first round of the playoffs. Having more fun playing this game than The Show. Pitching and defense is just more rewarding, and I love the new stealing function. I made a few player moves during the season, two of which turned out to be positive. I'm looking forward to the off season and seeing who retires, decides not to resign, etc.
I'm having a great time with it for sure. I recreated the 70's and 80's St. Louis American Legion baseball scene. Created 10 teams and crafted new uni's and i'm taking the team I grew up rooting for....Thoman Boothe in a 30 game season. It's definitely getting the most of my gaming time right now.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I'm on season 3 playing 32 game seasons with the Wild Pigs. Gradually increasing the EGO after each completed season. I love the sign and release feature along with the player development. I do wish there wasn't as many players retiring early. Looking forward to them eventually adding career stats hopefully in the next update.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Still loving this game....can't recommend it enough.