XFL 2020 Season

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

XFL 2020 Season

Post by Danimal »

I know I'm crazy but I watched 3 of the 4 games, didn't see last nights. I really enjoyed the games and some of different things being tried.

First there was some hard hits being delivered and not a whole lot of penalties. That was the first thing I noticed and like. Liked the kick off rule, at least there were some returns and not touch back city. I think it is a rule the NFL could adopt for sure.

Really liked the extra point and trying for 1, 2 or 3 points. I know the NFL PA would never let this rule happen but I like it. The 2 forward pass thing while pretty neat, I can live without.

Loved when they went to replay you could hear the conversation going on between the booth and officials. NFL will never adopt that or else they couldn't fix games. Hearing the play call is ok, and I like the interviews with players right after coming off the field.

I'd also take the Houston QB right now over Trubisky in a heart beat.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XFL 2020 Season

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:I know I'm crazy but I watched 3 of the 4 games, didn't see last nights. I really enjoyed the games and some of different things being tried.

First there was some hard hits being delivered and not a whole lot of penalties. That was the first thing I noticed and like. Liked the kick off rule, at least there were some returns and not touch back city. I think it is a rule the NFL could adopt for sure.

Really liked the extra point and trying for 1, 2 or 3 points. I know the NFL PA would never let this rule happen but I like it. The 2 forward pass thing while pretty neat, I can live without.

Loved when they went to replay you could hear the conversation going on between the booth and officials. NFL will never adopt that or else they couldn't fix games. Hearing the play call is ok, and I like the interviews with players right after coming off the field.

I'd also take the Houston QB right now over Trubisky in a heart beat.
The interviews were my least favorite. I really don’t need to listen to a guy out of breath try to talk to someone he could care less about. That was irritating.

The rest, I agree was pretty entertaining. I’ll continue to watch.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Being able to get the next play in 25 seconds is awesome. Speed things up, NFL should revisit the 40 seconds rule.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

10spro wrote:Being able to get the next play in 25 seconds is awesome. Speed things up, NFL should revisit the 40 seconds rule.
Having all offensive players w/ speakers in the helmet eliminates the huddles. So yeah, get rid of huddles and it makes it a lot more streamlined. I like that part too.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

The quality of play was far better than I expected. I also loved the speeded-up play clock, transparency with the replay booth and the kickoff format. Extra points are cool, too.

I have far too many other sports to watch in the spring -- racing, NBA, Syracuse hoop, Premier League -- to spend much time watching the XFL. But I saw enough last weekend to think the league might stick for a while, especially since McMahon is backing this with a ton of cash and trimming the gimmicks this time.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425