Racing Season 2020 (Spoiler Alert)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Racing Season 2020 (Spoiler Alert)

Post by Rodster »

Perez to Red Bull. A solid mature driver, good choice. Surprised though that RB did not have anyone in their pipeline they thought was worthy enough to match Mad Max.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

I agree, it's 100% the right move for Red Bull and fantastic for Checo. Going to be fascinating to see how Perez stacks up to Saint Max, I think Max rather enjoyed having a clear #2 driver (both in name and pace) alongside compared to his time alongside Ricciardo.

But I feel for Albon, maybe at some point he'll get a redemption tour at Alpha Tauri like Gasly and Kvyat (before getting dumped again...). The Red Bull junior program is a mess, too many drivers get pushed quickly and dumped quickly.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

The only sane move by Red Bull. As others said, it will be interesting to see Verstappen truly pushed. I think he'll answer the challenge.

No sympathy for Albon. He got his chance, and he didn't make the most of it. The kid is not good enough -- at least not now -- to be a race driver for the No. 2 team in Formula One.

Again, Albon got a chance. There are countless guys with just as much talent and results in the junior categories who never got a shot. Anyone who is crying tears for Albon should talk with Antonio Pizzonia, Bruno Junqueira, Scott Dixon, Dario Franchitti, etc., etc.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

pk500 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:46 pm
Anyone who is crying tears for Albon should talk with Antonio Pizzonia, Bruno Junqueira, Scott Dixon, Dario Franchitti, etc., etc.
Yes to the last two, possibly to Junqueira. I would need convincing that I didn't see everything I needed to during Pizzonia's F1 career, and I can't debate Red Bull's driver choice with you so I'm going with this...
XBox Live and PSN Gamertag: theycallhimsim