R.I.P. Neil Peart

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

R.I.P. Neil Peart

Post by F308GTB »

Always in awe of his drumming. One of the greats.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: R.I.P. Neil Peart

Post by Rodster »

One my favorite rock drummers. Rush was great but he’s the one who in my opinion took just made them freakin great with his style.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

RIP indeed. One of my few childhood heroes who only grew "larger" with age (both mine and his). Glioblastoma is what killed my Dad. Brutal tumor that they really have no treatment for. There is no such thing as "catching it early" and most people don't make it more than a year from diagnosis. Like several cancers out there still, no one has ever "survived" it. I hope he is fully reunited with his first daughter and first wife.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Absolutely gutted with this news. I've loved Rush since high school. Can't tell you how many hours I've air-drummed to Peart over the last 40 years. Hell, I air-jammed like a mofo just last night to "The Trees."

I won't get into the debate over whether Peart is the GOAT among rock drummers. But he sure as sh*t belongs on the Mount Rushmore of players in the genre.

RIP, rocker. I hope you and Bonzo are playing a double-kit solo somewhere in the sky tonight. God must be rocking His ass off at the sound.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425