My ultimate testimonial for GamePass

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

My ultimate testimonial for GamePass

Post by pk500 »

Anyone who visits this forum knows I'm one of the bigger pimps for Xbox GamePass. It's such an incredible value.

But last night, I realized why it's been such a wonderful deal and service for me in 2019 and should continue that way for years to come. This is the first year in probably a decade I have not purchased a single game during either Microsoft's Black Friday or between Christmas and New Year's sales. I have such a backlog of great GamePass titles to play that it's a total waste of dough for me to buy even a cheapo game on sale in the Microsoft Store.

Ace's recommendation of Wreckfest may pry $30 of Xbox gift cards from my hands. Otherwise, GamePass has me covered beautifully. Such a damn good service.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: My ultimate testimonial for GamePass

Post by pigpen81 »

I have enjoyed Gamepass and it is a tremendous deal. I just downloaded Slay the Spire for the PC using Gamepass PC, and it is amazing. My oldest son wants me to download Age of Empires 2 as he is a huge strategy game fan. (20 GB)

My biggest issue is with my internet provider data cap. It started in 2018, seemingly unannounced. We have a 1 TB data limit each month and when we go over, it is a $15 extra charge. Cox internet can suck it.

With streaming, gaming and downloads, the data cap can be reached quick. My oldest received the new Call of Duty for his PS4 for Christmas and when he installed there was an almost 100 GB download that had to go with it. 1/10th of our data in one sitting. Arrgh!

I end up looking for games with minimal GB

Unless we get a better internet option here in San Diego, we cannot fully take advantage of the Gamepass. It is why I can't even think about Google Stadia as well.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Holy sh*t, Piggy. I live outside of a village of 1,800 people located 20 minutes from Syracuse, a city of 130,000, and my basic Internet service is 100 MB down/10 MB up with unlimited data.

Verizon FIOS or other options aren't available in San Diego? That's a major bummer, man.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I'm with Comcast and I also have a 1TB data cap. My real download speeds are 475kbs and that sucks. I've never come close but the only other choice where I live is Frontier Communications. I'm waiting for a Comcast price hike and i'm ready to bail.

I've said many times that I plan on reupping once my subscription ends Oct 2021. I've saved so much money with GP.