2019 Game Awards

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: 2019 Game Awards

Post by vader29 »

AcemanPR wrote:
pk500 wrote: But Wreckfest? Color me seriously intrigued after your review. Just read some reviews and watched some videos, and it looks like the perfect spiritual successor to Flatout and Destruction Derby, two game series I LOVED on earlier consoles.

Thanks for the tip!
If you enjoy any of the Destruction Derby and Flatout games, then you will definitely like Wreckfest. When the game initially launched, the racing was very slippery and BugBear said that was intentional for the consoles but heard to the dismay of the gamers and changed it to control like the PC version. The racing is really fun now and your cars make a difference in the handling. There is some basic tuning and upgrading you can do with the cars as well. One more thing, some of the vehicles are quite interesting to drive, from a limo, to a camper, to a harvester, and a riding lawn mower. Oh yeah, there is a motorized couch as well! Those are more designed to break up the game and are pretty much limited to one challenge in the career mode. Which leads me to say the career mode has a great amount of length to it.

There was some DLC content that launched last month which was free and a holiday DLC pack that was also free. I haven't played the holiday DLC content yet because of how busy I've been, but I plan on hitting Wreckfast back up in the next week or so. I haven't played it online yet but I hear it is quite fun.

For $30, it is definitely worth checking out for a change of pace.
There is a 60 minute free trial on Xbox for this game, played the entire hour trial in career mode and loved it and then purchased the game on sale digitally for 31.99. A DSP Demolition Derby night would be sweet!
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

vader29 wrote:For $30, it is definitely worth checking out for a change of pace.
There is a 60 minute free trial on Xbox for this game, played the entire hour trial in career mode and loved it and then purchased the game on sale digitally for 31.99. A DSP Demolition Derby night would be sweet![/quote]

I downloaded the trial today. Will try tonight. If I like it as much as I think I will, the full game will be on my hard drive by tomorrow.

Teal, you and Ace have the game. A four-way demo derby is well and teed up! :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Game of the year for me would have to be Modern Warfare, since it is the only game I have put time into that was released this year :D I think the only other 2 games that I bought this year that were released this year was Nascar 4 and Wreckless. What I have played of Wreckless is exactly what I hoped for. Very good. Haven't messed with Nascar much.

My backlog of games is ridiculous. Haven't even thought of getting a single player game this year. I'm actually playing Bioshock 2 now :D The good thing is when I get around to play the newer single player games, they are only like $20 or less.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Played the full hour's trial for Wreckfest last night and ... meh. I'm really surprised. I thought I would love this game based on Web feedback and dudes' reviews here.

Hell, I didn't expect a sim. I wanted an arcade game. But something just didn't click for me. Again, I don't expect a sim. But the cars lack weight, and the physics when sliding on dirt are too floaty. The force feedback only kicks in hard on collisions, too. There's not enough tactile feel of the track surfaces. The game feels pretty dead unless you're hitting something.

I played the lawn mower demo derby, car demo derby and a full, four-race car racing series. Tweaked a bunch of assists settings. The game was fun, but I didn't wake up this morning clamoring for more.

Thanks for the tip, though. Glad I tried it, and I'm glad DSP Wreckfest owners enjoy it!
Last edited by pk500 on Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I tried the PC version of Wreckfest and it didn’t click for me either.

WPatrick
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by WPatrick »

My game of the year is Dirt Rally 2.0

I struggled deciding between Dirt Rally 2.0 & WRC 8. After extensive time with both Dirt Rally 2.0 won out. The controller inputs are far more predictable with Dirt Rally 2.0. Dirt also has far better graphics on the PS4.

Other than that I’ve been playing a ton of multiplayer in Forza 7 & GT Sport. I really enjoy both.