Legends of Boxing

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

MUTTS
Starting 5
Starting 5

Legends of Boxing

Post by MUTTS »

Picked up Gary Brown's redone Legends of Boxing tabletop game. Mind you Ive never played title bout so nothing to compare with.
Great fun to play solo in the couple of bouts Ive done. Then yesterday played head to head with my 14yo and he can't wait to play again.
I continue to move away from sports video games and on to tabletop. Must be old age.
Tony

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Legends of Boxing

Post by pk500 »

Great game. There's an old PC version floating around the Internet for free, but it's not nearly as fun as the tabletop version. The level of detail and historical research in this game is fantastic. So much fun to build some of the mythical matchups we all wanted to see.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

LOVE it when I see tabletop sports sim posts here. :) Gary Brown is a fantastic designer/publisher and a great guy. I got a chance to meet him at PLAAY dot CON earlier this year. I created a consolidated rule sheet that you can download from his site as well. I still reference it from time to time. :)

MUTTS
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by MUTTS »

Yeah Ive almost gone totally tabletop. The end of NCAA games kind of did me in. That and my teenagers now control the console. I have a bunch of PLAAY games, Replay baseball, several hoops and football games, golf. Just got a copy of bowl bound and the old strat college football game. So I have plenty to keep me busy. Occasionally the kids will play too. The reboot of Legends of Boxing has been fantastic- Gary just announced some new card sets this morning. Good times.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Leadfoot5 wrote:LOVE it when I see tabletop sports sim posts here. :) Gary Brown is a fantastic designer/publisher and a great guy. I got a chance to meet him at PLAAY dot CON earlier this year. I created a consolidated rule sheet that you can download from his site as well. I still reference it from time to time. :)
So YOU are the legendary Al Wilson! Thanks for your effort with LOB! :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

pk500 wrote:
Leadfoot5 wrote:LOVE it when I see tabletop sports sim posts here. :) Gary Brown is a fantastic designer/publisher and a great guy. I got a chance to meet him at PLAAY dot CON earlier this year. I created a consolidated rule sheet that you can download from his site as well. I still reference it from time to time. :)
So YOU are the legendary Al Wilson! Thanks for your effort with LOB! :)
LOL!! Thanks PK. :)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

That condensed rules sheet is ACE, Lead. Your scoresheet is mega, too. Very helpful.

MUTTS
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by MUTTS »

Whoa! Leadfoot is Al Wilson?!!!! Ive chatted with Al on the delphi forums and FB at times for years. Holy cow!

My worlds have intersected. Incredible.

Whats even cooler than his scoresheet is his 3d printed tabletop football field and scoreboard.

Tony

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Thanks for the compliment on the boxing stuff PK, I appreciate it.

Tony, thanks. :) I actually just finished a 4th generation version of that 3D Printed scoreboard - utilizes magnets. Fun hobby (in addition to board games and video games...)