Sniper Elite 4

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Sniper Elite 4

Post by fletcher21 »

This game is apparently releasing on February 14, 2017. I recently started to replay Sniper Elite 3. It's just so smooth and polished. I am more excited for Sniper Elite 4 than any other game this year. Anyone who is a fan of shooters should check it out. Sniper Elite 3 can also be found for a large discount. Highly recommend it.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Re: Sniper Elite 4

Post by AcemanPR »

I fired up the Xbox app and searched for Sniper Elite 3 and apparently I purchased it at one time but never have played it. Maybe it was a free Game with Gold one month, who knows. But Sniper Elite 4 does look really good, so I think I will fire Sniper Elite 3 up and see how good it is.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Ive been keeping my eye on this one. I have never played any of the Sniper Elite games. I almost picked up 3 on BF but I have too many games right now. I'll still keep my eye on it.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

Sniper elite 3 is just satisfying. It's not heavy on story, but the game play is mesmerizing. When you line up a long shot, hold your breath and fire, that's a feeling that is hard to beat. Sniper elite is one game that is definitely worth the 65 bucks. The only negative is the time period is a while back, so it's not 2017 technology in terms of weapons.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Sniper Elite 3 was one of my favorite FPS of this generation. As Fletch said, not much story and nothing groundbreaking other than the slow-mo bullet time effect on kill shots. And trust me, seeing a bullet rip through a guy's skull, neck, spine or vital organs NEVER gets old.

I only played a bit of multiplayer with Sniper Elite 3, but it was gripping. It's all sniping from distance, so you have no idea where anyone is. My only complaint was that there didn't seem to be very good balancing. I was in a room with a bunch of dudes with far more powerful skills and weapons than me, so it was frustrating.

But I loved every second of Sniper Elite 3 offline even though the offline campaign is probably only five or six hours long. One of the few offline FPS that I've finished. You can find it for very cheap these days.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

I discovered I did own Sniper Elite 3 but never played it, until last night. Got through the first couple missions and had a great time playing it! The game looks better than I expected and like Paul said, the slow motion bullets through an enemy's body never gets old! Since it is a shorter game, I'll probably work on completing the campaign this weekend. Definitely going to keep an eye on Sniper Elite 4.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I liked it too.. will keep my eye on this one for sure!
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Sniper Elite 4 is out for delivery! It's been getting solid reviews, mostly in the 8s out of 10 range. I completed Sniper Elite 3 Afrika last night, so I'm ready to dive into the Italia campaign!

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I very much want this one. I've never missed a sniper elite game, from all the way back to the original on Xbox. Live this series.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Sniper Elite 3 was the first in the series that I played. LOVED it. Seeing skulls and internal organs pierced and shredded by bullets in slow-mo never got old, as sick as that sounds.

I'm backing off from gaming these days, as I said in another thread. And Ghost Recon Wildlands is the only new title on my radar this spring, with DIRT 4 also on the list in June.

But I'm sure I'll grab Sniper Elite 4 on discount at some point this year. Quality franchise that is mildly underrated because it's not a big-budget EA, Microsoft or Ubisoft shooter.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

MIGHT pull the trigger in his one. I've. Been following its development. I love the sniper concept yet I've never played a game from the series.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I've never played this series because I always read about so many bugs, glitches and ridiculous AI. Yet so many here love it, so what is the deal is it really buggy?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

There have been little glitchy things in the past, but the game is so damn much fun that I never cared. Taking a breath, squeezing off a round, getting the distance and wind just right to get a bullet cam kill, watching that bullet eviscerate a Nazi's heart, brain...testicles... It's just a blast.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

How about the AI, is it super wonky. I've heard many people say that the AI can detect you from crazy distances unless your holding the stealth key 100% of the time.

I've got a whole crap load of Steam credit that keeps staring me in the face so I'm tempted to try this.
Follow Me on:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Well, I can't speak to the new game, obviously, but I've not noticed an over abundance of instances of being spotted from forever away. I was spotted a lot early on, but you REALLY have to be patient, slow, and methodical. Of course, as soon as you fire that gun, they know where you are, within 1-2 shots, unless you time then with environmental noise like artillery, that sort of thing. They can be quite brutal on the highest setting, but I honestly don't remember getting irritated at being spotted unfairly. The counter snipers are VERY good, though, so that might be what they mean.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Ah, I'm itching to get this one in the worst way. Diablo, it's right up your alley, boss. I think you'd really dig it. I haven't paid full pop for a game in a long time, but I might just have to with this one.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Thanks Teal, maybe I'll buy one of the older games since they are cheaper.
Follow Me on:

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Sniper Elite 3 wasn't buggy at all for me. I played on the 2nd easiest setting and the game still proved challenging, but the AI isn't the greatest.

The environments in Sniper Elite 4 look so much more detailed and will prove to have alot more ways of getting through missions. Sniper Elite 3 is $40 on the store right now, I would definitely recommend spending the extra $20 (or $8 if you are a Best Buy Gamers Card Unlocked member) and jump into #4. The shortest mission in #4 is three times the size of the longest mission in #3.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'd be getting the PC version as I have over $200 credit on Steam right now.
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Teal wrote:Ah, I'm itching to get this one in the worst way. Diablo, it's right up your alley, boss. I think you'd really dig it. I haven't paid full pop for a game in a long time, but I might just have to with this one.
I snagged it. The WW2 vibe was too much to resist. I got it for the PS4 Pro though. Didn't realize there was a coop mode or maybe I'd have gotten it for the XB1. I'm 5 minutes in and already love it.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

First kill was bad ass. This is gonna be good :)
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Damn this game is fun… And intense. I'm almost done the first level and it's been Awesome. I'm still learning the ropes but man it is gratifying getting a kill.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Wow, just put in a two hour shift with the game. Finshed the first mission and it was great. I've got a pretty good grasp on the controls now so I am guessing the missions will get harder :). Very pleased with the game.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

That is great to hear Diablo! I got around to installing the game last night, but only had a little time to game last night and spent it playing For Honor instead. Will dive into this tonight!

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

This game is on another level. I love thinking man's games like this. I'd play Sniper Elite, Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell over COD/Battlefield any day of the week. Anyone who likes Sniper Elite 4 owes it to themselves to play 3. It's a bit like going from Uncharted 3 to Uncharted 1 in terms of how much better the game progressed, but Sniper Elite 3 is a solid game. I have played thru 3 a total of 4 times now. You would have to be an amazing gamer to be able to unlock everything on 1 play through on Sniper Elite 3. I've gotten a good 30-40h from it.