EA Access

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

EA Access

Post by ScoopBrady »

I hadn't even heard of this until I got a beta code today. You can get a 1 year subscription for $29.99 or a 1 month subscription for $4.99. For that you can download any game in the vault for free, get 10% off digital downloads, and check out new EA games 5 days before they hit the stores. First games in the vault are Battlefield 4, Madden 25, FIFA 14, and Peggle 2. I never got Madden or FIFA so I hopped on a one year subscription.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: EA Access

Post by Rodster »

Scoop, did you get an email from EA re: the beta? I'd definitely would buy a yearly subscription.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Most of the discussion about it has been going on in the PS4 & XBox One thread.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Sorry, Terry had no idea. Rod, I got a message on Xbox Live with a code to dl it.
I am a patient boy.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Well this is pretty big news and probably deserves its own thread.

The EA Access is presently in beta and the invites went out to those in the XB1 preview program (where you get the console updates early). I believe anyone in the preview program can invite friends to join the preview program. A friend is trying to get me in, but so far his invites are not getting through to me. :(

As soon as I can I will pick up one year for $30. I am not really interested in early access. I'm going for the vault games: BF4 I have on disc, but never bought Madden 25, FIFA 14 or Peggle 2. I've been wanting to trade up my BF4 disc for a digital copy, so the EA Access will cost me more like $10 for the first year.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I wasn't saying he shouldn't have made a new thread--I was just saying that there was more information in that thread already, with some of the back and forth about "does at least 2 hours cut you off" or not, etc.

It's definitely pretty big news, with Sony turning it down and all. I didn't even think about them possibly not doing the Season Ticket anymore, and with this, I'll probably subscribe just to play the games a bit early, even if it's on the XB1. It's pretty much the only reason I had ST--for NCAA, Madden, and NHL. So with NCAA gone, and me playing on PS4 all the time, all this will do is allow me to test the XB1 version first, I guess. But that's some of my money that they wouldn't have had otherwise, so it's a good move for them.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Apparently if you're in the Xbox preview program, something I've never heard of, you will get a beta code to EA Access.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Wish I was in the preview program so I could play BF 4

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Stupid decision by Sony.

However, I don't see myself using it, because the 5 day early preview is not that big of an incentive and 10% off for a game you can't re-sell is not a good deal.

We know Target, Toys R Us, BB and Amazon will have their 3 for 2 sale some time in the fall. That means you'd get an effective 33% discount on games and you could re-sell them when done.

The interesting thing would be when they would put Madden 15, FIFA 15, NHL 15, etc in the Vault.

If they did it say 5-6 months from now, then the program would have a lot of value, at least for a month or two trial to "rent" some of the games you might not have bought.

But if they waited until after the 16 versions, then by then of course, the appeal of the 15 games is probably close to nothing.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

wco81 wrote: However, I don't see myself using it, because the 5 day early preview is not that big of an incentive and 10% off for a game you can't re-sell is not a good deal.
Which is fine but one might say you're in the minority, the Season ticket program was invented because of all the threads on Operation Sports about finding stores that sold the game early. After seeing that someone at EA said we can make money off of this. I'm not speculating here, that information comes directly from an Ex-Ea employee.

The inherit need by many to play the game as early as possible will make this profitable, adding 3 days to make it a 5 day early playtime will not only get most of the previous ST holders but maybe some new people as well. Now you add in the vault aspect which is essentially an attempt to cut used games sales off at the knees for place like GS and this is only going to progress.

The actual people who still buy used games is going to continue to dwindle, these are just the beginning steps. While many people may want to sell their old games I think in the next 3-5 years they are going to find that the option to do so will be gone.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:I think in the next 3-5 years they are going to find that the option to do so will be gone.
Exactly which is why Gamestop's stocks plummeted with the announcement of EA Access. This is just the beginning towards the move of all digital.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

wco81 wrote:Stupid decision by Sony.

However, I don't see myself using it, because the 5 day early preview is not that big of an incentive and 10% off for a game you can't re-sell is not a good deal.

Good for you!

But...

Some of us like to actually interact with others when we play. As in play together. Enjoy a little bit of life while we game. Crazy idea I know.

Early Dragon fun! Cant wait to see how this works for the lads.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

XXXIV wrote:
wco81 wrote:Stupid decision by Sony.

Good for you!

But...

Some of us like to actually interact with others when we play. As in play together. Enjoy a little bit of life while we game. Crazy idea I know.

Early Dragon fun! Cant wait to see how this works for the lads.
And how! Seriously, I don't mind buying digital if I know it's a game I'll hold onto. I'm still playing NHL 14 at this point. It has little resale value because I've had it so long (which is a good thing). Any game I'm not sure on I would avoid a digital version. To me, a game like NHL 15 will be well worth it. 5 days early and a 10% discount - count me in.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Diablo25 wrote:
And how! Seriously, I don't mind buying digital if I know it's a game I'll hold onto. I'm still playing NHL 14 at this point. It has little resale value because I've had it so long (which is a good thing). Any game I'm not sure on I would avoid a digital version. To me, a game like NHL 15 will be well worth it. 5 days early and a 10% discount - count me in.
Exactly! We all still own NHL 14 and we will at least til a week before 15.

Not an EA fan. Im a fan of fun. 8)

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Diablo25 wrote:
Exactly.. 10% off the sports games I really like (FIFA and NHL and maybe Madden this year) that's $5.99 per game savings plus being able to play the games in the vault, take my money EA. :)

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

New details emerged according to this IGN article. Sounds like once a game is in the vault it stays in the vault. That's good news if it ends up being true.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/07/ ... and-trials
I am a patient boy.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

MizzouRah wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:
Exactly.. 10% off the sports games I really like (FIFA and NHL and maybe Madden this year) that's $5.99 per game savings plus being able to play the games in the vault, take my money EA. :)
Plus no need to swap out discs. Pretty cool (and lazy) not having to get off my ass to start up MLB The Show :)
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Diablo25 wrote:

Plus no need to swap out discs. Pretty cool (and lazy) not having to get off my ass

I am so f***in up with that! :)

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

XXXIV wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:

Plus no need to swap out discs. Pretty cool (and lazy) not having to get off my ass

I am so f***in up with that! :)
:D Any idea on a release date for this?
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

You would think EA would have this available 5 days before Madden 15 releases, so I'm hoping no later than 8/21.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

I just got access to this and not having to get up and switch discs for bf4 and Fifa now are awesome! I went ahead and did the yearly sub and have already sold my copy of FIFA for $33. Will list BF4 today. So the potential to be able to sell disc games earlier to get more value is there.

I haven't played Madden in a couple of years, downloading 25 right now and also Peggle 2.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

TheTruth wrote:I just got access to this and not having to get up and switch discs for bf4 and Fifa now are awesome! I went ahead and did the yearly sub and have already sold my copy of FIFA for $33. Will list BF4 today. So the potential to be able to sell disc games earlier to get more value is there.

I haven't played Madden in a couple of years, downloading 25 right now and also Peggle 2.
Once I get access, I'm selling my FIFA copy too. :)

Wish EA would grant me access, I'm in for a full year as well.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Pete1210 wrote:You would think EA would have this available 5 days before Madden 15 releases, so I'm hoping no later than 8/21.
The OS forums are going to blow up.. this should be interesting. :P

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

EA Access is now available for all XB1 users!

May not be an icon yet, but you should be able to find it by search.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Thanks Pete, I was able to signup for the year. Is there a way to remove the auto-renew?