XBOX Game Pass (Ultimate)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBOX Game Pass (Ultimate)

Post by GB_Simo »

pk500 wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:44 pm
That's my same vibe with DIRT 5. I would NEVER pay for it, as I agree with DB that the DIRT franchise is slowly flushing down the bowl.
I gave DIRT 5 a few minutes last night and my initial thoughts are that the word "slowly" does not belong in the above sentence.

Wilmot's Warehouse is an unexpected gem, though, and I'd never have tried it without this thread. Just starting year 2, I've already lost all control of my stock but there's something oddly engaging about trying to recover the awful mess I've made of it.
XBox Live and PSN Gamertag: theycallhimsim

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Same on DIRT 5, Adam. Downloaded yesterday and played last night for 30 minutes. I'm petitioning Codemasters to return that half-hour of my life.

Hard to believe this franchise has fallen this far, this quickly. DIRT 3 was the pinnacle of the series for me -- a perfect mix of arcade and sim. Drifting, friction-full driving model that required braking and throttle control and was so much fun. Like Project Gotham Racing 2 on dirt or like the Rallisport Challenge games for the original Xbox.

DIRT 5 is lifeless, limp, requires almost no braking or skill. It's a joke other than its gorgeous graphics. It almost seems more like a tech demo for the X and S rather than a real game.

Grab Wreckfest if you want a new dirt racing game on GamePass that has a driving model much closer to DIRT 3 and what we like. Sure, the demo derbies are mindless, brainless, hilarious fun. But the driving model for Wreckfest races is surprisingly good, challenging and huge fun!

Wreckfest is a fine gem; DIRT 5 is cubic zirconia.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

NBA 2k21 hitting game pass tomorrow, March 4th.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:54 pm
Didn't realize until I played the tech demo of The Show how stale the NBA 2K series has become and how many gameplay tweaks it needs to resemble the pace and space of real NBA basketball. Plus the shooting mechanic remains unintuitive.

Still a solid series, but overrated. 2K needs some real competition for hoops.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:19 pm
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Didn't realize until I played the tech demo of The Show how stale the NBA 2K series has become and how many gameplay tweaks it needs to resemble the pace and space of real NBA basketball. Plus the shooting mechanic remains unintuitive.

Still a solid series, but overrated. 2K needs some real competition for hoops.
Yup indeed. I play it occasionally, but it certainly isn't on the high rotation list. The graphics sure are awesome on next gen tho.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Madden 21, NHL 21, Star Wars Squadrons and Football Manager 2021 also coming soon to GamePass.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:29 pm
Madden 21, NHL 21, Star Wars Squadrons and Football Manager 2021 also coming soon to GamePass.
Madden went up last night. Not sure on the others.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

What's the deal with EA play on the X/S? I can see DEMOs when I use my Xbox One, but they aren't available on the X/S unless I set them to download on the one and then add them on the X.

They trying to do away with the 10-hour demos and just push everyone to the gamepass?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Sudz wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:18 pm
What's the deal with EA play on the X/S? I can see DEMOs when I use my Xbox One, but they aren't available on the X/S unless I set them to download on the one and then add them on the X.

They trying to do away with the 10-hour demos and just push everyone to the gamepass?
Don't know what your issue is. I go to the gamepass store and if it's there I can download and play it. (on my Series X)

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

The demo versions? I could only get the 10hr demo of fifa 21 via the ONE and then download it on the X once it was in my games list.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Sudz wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:17 pm
The demo versions? I could only get the 10hr demo of fifa 21 via the ONE and then download it on the X once it was in my games list.
FIFA isn't on Gamepass yet - in it's full version, just the Demo. Madden, the full version was just added yesterday so you should be able to go to the Gamepass section of the store and download and play the full version. FIFA still only allows the demo.

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

pk500 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:04 am
Grab Wreckfest if you want a new dirt racing game on GamePass that has a driving model much closer to DIRT 3 and what we like. Sure, the demo derbies are mindless, brainless, hilarious fun. But the driving model for Wreckfest races is surprisingly good, challenging and huge fun!
It took a couple of hours to grab me, for some reason, but now it's got its hooks in, I love Wreckfest to bits. The game may have come along a couple of years too late for us to get the band back together, but imagine the poker night we could have...
XBox Live and PSN Gamertag: theycallhimsim

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
It'll be nice to have this game on my Series X, which is currently in our bedroom.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I found Dirt 5 to be enjoyable and not as lifeless as some have stated. Mind you, I'm happy I didn't have to pay for it. I'll probably come back to it at some point. To me, it's just mindless racing with some impressive visuals.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

GB_Simo wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:28 pm
pk500 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:04 am
It took a couple of hours to grab me, for some reason, but now it's got its hooks in, I love Wreckfest to bits. The game may have come along a couple of years too late for us to get the band back together, but imagine the poker night we could have...
Teal and I said the same thing. Wreckfest could provide the most laughter-filled racing Poker Night since the original Forza Horizon.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

I'm down for some Wreckfest if a poker night develops. It's one of my favorite games.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

AcemanPR wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:20 pm
I'm down for some Wreckfest if a poker night develops. It's one of my favorite games.
Righteous. Wreckfest is my sleeper hit of GamePass so far this year. Pure fun, with a surprisingly decent physics and grip model. A f*ckton better than DIRT 5, which is a beautiful-but-steaming pile of sauteed sh*t.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

pk500 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:36 pm
AcemanPR wrote:
Righteous. Wreckfest is my sleeper hit of GamePass so far this year. Pure fun, with a surprisingly decent physics and grip model. A f*ckton better than DIRT 5, which is a beautiful-but-steaming pile of sauteed sh*t.
Haven't tried Wreckfest yet, but I do have to raise my hand in shame and admit i actually paid for the steaming pile of sauteed s***, also known as Dirt 5. :(
GT = Wilk5280

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:59 am
pk500 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:36 pm
AcemanPR wrote:
Haven't tried Wreckfest yet, but I do have to raise my hand in shame and admit i actually paid for the steaming pile of sauteed s***, also known as Dirt 5. :(
I did too, was fun for a few hours then quickly became monotonous, you'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll kiss 60 bucks goodbye!
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

The Bethesda mother lode is coming to GamePass tomorrow. A dump of 20 games.

All of them already have been on GamePass at one time or another, but it looks like they'll stay in permanent rotation like Microsoft titles now that MS' purchase of Bethesda is complete. Nice!

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/03/11/ ... game-pass/

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Yeah I just logged on to GP for the PC and a bunch of games, I never played Doom Eternal so downloading it now.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Outriders coming to Game Pass day 1.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Rodster wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:47 pm
Outriders coming to Game Pass day 1.
Console only…FYI
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Teal wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:16 pm
Danimal wrote:Kind of shocked there is no Gears 5 thread, I haven't had time to check it out but has this game become so stale we won't even look at it for "free"?
I've downloaded it, played a little, and yeah... It's just stale to me. Not the least bit excited about it. I try to play, get bored, and move on.
Same. Identical. Would rather play other shooters.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:56 am
Teal wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:16 pm
Danimal wrote:Kind of shocked there is no Gears 5 thread, I haven't had time to check it out but has this game become so stale we won't even look at it for "free"?
I've downloaded it, played a little, and yeah... It's just stale to me. Not the least bit excited about it. I try to play, get bored, and move on.
Same. Identical. Would rather play other shooters.
I couldn't play more than a few hours, even with the next gen optimizations...it's okay, it's Gears. Nothing earthshattering or exciting really.