XBOX Game Pass (Ultimate)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBOX Game Pass (Ultimate)

Post by Zlax45 »

Blasted through Outer World in 19 hours and 45 minutes of game time...I am terrible at shooting games so it was tough on the normal level. I was semi disappointed in the game as it was alright but I thought it was short as I didn't do many side quests at all.
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Zlax45 wrote:Blasted through Outer World in 19 hours and 45 minutes of game time...I am terrible at shooting games so it was tough on the normal level. I was semi disappointed in the game as it was alright but I thought it was short as I didn't do many side quests at all.
Great review.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Did
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Zlax45 wrote:Blasted through Outer World in 19 hours and 45 minutes of game time...I am terrible at shooting games so it was tough on the normal level. I was semi disappointed in the game as it was alright but I thought it was short as I didn't do many side quests at all.
Great review.
Did you really want me to get into details? I just felt like they cut the game short for no apparent reason? Wonder what you guys think when you play it! I felt Kotor and Mass Effect which was about the same length were better games.
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I think most RPGs are going to be short when you don't do many side quests at all.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

TCrouch wrote:I think most RPGs are going to be short when you don't do many side quests at all.
Exactly right.

I havent counted the hours but it took me a while to get off of the first planet because I did all the side missions I could find and talked through every NPC dialogue branch I could. In fact made it a point to stay grounded til I finished all the open side quests.

I would say I love the game if the game was 3rd person instead of 1st person( the problem I will have with the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077) but I like it quite a bit so far.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Exactly! I really enjoy third person games, and not so much first person. Don't know if it's the decreased FOV or what, but I like seeing my character and the animations help "sell" the fantasy to me.

I really do dig The Outer Worlds, and find myself having genuine laughs at so many conversations. Due to that, I find myself talking to absolutely everybody, exploring every little building, etc. I'm not blasting through the game, for once in my life.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

pk500 wrote:Promotion in which Microsoft will extend your GamePass subscription to match Xbox Live subscription into Ultimate package for $1 is back on. Many of us used this smokin' deal to save mega bucks earlier this year:

https://majornelson.com/2019/10/29/xbox ... gift-list/
I took advantage of this earlier this year but I cannot figure out how to get this to extend further. Do I just need to add to my Xbox Live Subscription and it will automatically keep it synched with Xbox Ultimate Pass? When I first started to do this, it appeared it was going to just extend my Live subscription only. Right now they are both set to expire in March 2021.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

DChaps wrote:
pk500 wrote:Promotion in which Microsoft will extend your GamePass subscription to match Xbox Live subscription into Ultimate package for $1 is back on. Many of us used this smokin' deal to save mega bucks earlier this year:

https://majornelson.com/2019/10/29/xbox ... gift-list/
I took advantage of this earlier this year but I cannot figure out how to get this to extend further. Do I just need to add to my Xbox Live Subscription and it will automatically keep it synched with Xbox Ultimate Pass? When I first started to do this, it appeared it was going to just extend my Live subscription only. Right now they are both set to expire in March 2021.
From what i've read or at least understand it, that deal converted XBL Gold into UGP. So that's why they both end on the same date. I also read, supposedly you can extend UGP for another 3 months, I just haven't figured out how. Needless to say, I think i'm going to re-up when my subscription expires. It's a great deal at $120 per year. That's the price of two retail games.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

'Microsoft announced a slew of current and brand-new games joining Xbox Game Pass... beginning today with Rage 2 for Xbox One and Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition for PC.''

https://www.polygon.com/2019/11/14/2096 ... c-xbox-one
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Final Fantasy games are coming to GP also Age of Empires 4 is in development and will be free to those with GPU. Hopefully it will come out for both the XBOX and PC simultaneously.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Pete1210 wrote:'Microsoft announced a slew of current and brand-new games joining Xbox Game Pass... beginning today with Rage 2 for Xbox One and Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition for PC.''

The Witcher 3 also is coming to GamePass soon. Microsoft released a video -- maybe by accident? -- this week that showed The Witcher 3 in a promo for GamePass.

I'm not an RPG guy, so I may be one of the few dudes here who didn't play The Witcher 3. But it's also about the most acclaimed game I can think of in the last five years -- only RDR 2 is in the same atmosphere of praise -- so I will give it a go when it lands on GamePass.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

pk500 wrote:
Pete1210 wrote:'Microsoft announced a slew of current and brand-new games joining Xbox Game Pass... beginning today with Rage 2 for Xbox One and Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition for PC.''

The Witcher 3 also is coming to GamePass soon. Microsoft released a video -- maybe by accident? -- this week that showed The Witcher 3 in a promo for GamePass.

I'm not an RPG guy, so I may be one of the few dudes here who didn't play The Witcher 3. But it's also about the most acclaimed game I can think of in the last five years -- only RDR 2 is in the same atmosphere of praise -- so I will give it a go when it lands on GamePass.
RDR was my favorite game until Witcher 3 ;) (still need to play through RDR2...)

For me the games have a lot in common. Same feel of a lone fighter wandering the open country on his horse, meeting memorable characters at every stop along the way. The world of the Witcher is even deeper and more interesting though, and while the main story wasn't that interesting to me, the characters and the relationships were excellent and it has a ton of side quests and towns, all of which have engaging and believable stories.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Naples39 wrote: RDR was my favorite game until Witcher 3 ;) (still need to play through RDR2...)
Also my #1 all time and by a nice margin but its not for everyone. Its much RPG. I will be blown away if PK plays through it.

Im starting to really dig the Game Pass with the addition of Outer Worlds. What a great add. If they keep rolling like this they got something at least with me.

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

Downloaded "Lonely Mountain Downhill" on Game Pass. Really cool bike riding game with tons of challenges and short cuts.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

pigpen81 wrote:Downloaded "Lonely Mountain Downhill" on Game Pass. Really cool bike riding game with tons of challenges and short cuts.
A very pleasant, entertaining surprise with plenty of legs for me, too. Glad you're digging it!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Coming soon, most notable: The Division, The Witcher-Wild Hunt and eFootball PES2020

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Phoenix Point will be released within the week for the PC. This is an X-com style game, I was eagerly awaiting this but reviews are tepid. It launched on Epic Nazi store yesterday and for some reason is held up on Game Pass, likely because Halo Reach launched on the PC yesterday so it is technically "free" and might be worth a shot if you liked X-com tactics.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

A totally under the radar fun/cute/quirky game. “Untitled Goose Game”, it’s a low budget game kind of like Goat Simulator but a ton of fun. You play a goose who’s out to annoy everyone. It sounds like a boring idea until you start playing it. It’s free this month.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Rodster wrote:Microsoft has a new promo where you can earn 1 free month of Ultimate Game Pass and some other stuff. They mention it's a one month thing. It all starts 10/1.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/rewards ... =amc&rtc=1
I've been wanting to try this. Thanks.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Rodster wrote:A totally under the radar fun/cute/quirky game. “Untitled Goose Game”, it’s a low budget game kind of like Goat Simulator but a ton of fun. You play a goose who’s out to annoy everyone. It sounds like a boring idea until you start playing it. It’s free this month.
That damn game is a helluva fun game...lol
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Teal wrote:
Rodster wrote:A totally under the radar fun/cute/quirky game. “Untitled Goose Game”, it’s a low budget game kind of like Goat Simulator but a ton of fun. You play a goose who’s out to annoy everyone. It sounds like a boring idea until you start playing it. It’s free this month.
That damn game is a helluva fun game...lol
I love the puzzle aspect of it. It was pretty funny figuring out how to make the groundskeeper hit his thumb with the hammer. Also getting the groundskeeper to wear his sunhat was funny as well. A sleeper game.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I am NOT an RPG guy by any means. But every year or so, I try an acclaimed RPG to see if my lack of interest in them is my fault or the genre's.

So, to my surprise, I started The Outer Worlds the other night and am enjoying it. I'm compelled to play more and more and explore more of this world.

Next stop for me will be The Witcher, which just dropped on GamePass. It might be the most acclaimed game I've seen in 35 years of enjoying this hobby, so maybe it will click with me, too, even though I'm not a fan at all of the Middle Earth, Tolkien, medievel fantasy stuff.

That could be the reason I like The Outer Worlds: It's not set in the kingdom of Golgar with dragons, warlocks and the Buxom Princess Swelledlabia. I'll find out once I start The Witcher.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

The Witcher probably won't. While the world is great, the animation and combat system will put you off immediately.

Then it's so layered with system upon system that you need to do some serious reading just to understand what you're even trying to do.

I absolutely LOVE that game, but I eat RPG's up. It is the textbook RPG in every sense of the word, with combat that I got used to despite really not liking it much.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Thanks for the vote of confidence, T. :) Just kidding -- appreciate your input.

I'll still give it a go. Always open to new experiences. For example, I bought Dishonored three or four years ago based on reviews. Definitely not my style of game, but I played through the entire thing with insane vigor and enjoyment. Dishonored remains one of my five or 10 favorite games of all time.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

As many awards and critical praise the Witcher 3 has received, I have never been able to connect with the game or have the game draw me in to its world. I can't put my finger on why and I like RPG's.