NBA 2021-22

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NBA 2021-22

Post by wco81 »

Over/under on when Philly trades Simmons?

Over/under on when Kyrie plays?

11 games for both seem a good starting point.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NBA 2021-22

Post by Rodster »

I just posted in the old thread and didn't realize you started a new one. Here's what I said:

I'm looking forward to tonight's Heat vs Bucks game to see what difference was made by adding PJ Tucker and Kyle Lowry to the starting lineup. I'm curious to see if Tyler Herro takes the next step to his game. During preseason he was scoring on all three levels. His game kinda reminded me a little of D-Wade's.

All the concerns about Zion Williamson's weight is becoming a worry if you are NO. He's ballooned to over 300lbs, ouch. He's out with another foot injury. A super talented freakish kid who may not have a long shelf life in the NBA as some predicted before he was drafted.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

wco81 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:10 pm
Over/under on when Philly trades Simmons?

Over/under on when Kyrie plays?

11 games for both seem a good starting point.
I don't know about Kyrie. I heard on a video posted yesterday on https://www.nbcsports.com/nba that Kyrie may not play this season. Ben Simmons is just hurting his stock. Philly won't pay him and he's been suspended, he doesn't want to play there. No team will want him for what Philly wants in return. No Dame, CJ McCollum, or Bradley Beal plus picks. Simmons game is flawed. A great defender but now he's developed the YIPS. He's afraid to shoot.

If he's afraid now it will only get worse when he plays against Philly. I think both sides have drawn their line in the sand. He also might not play this season until he's traded. His best fit would be in Portland because if you switch him with CJ, then Portland gets a great defender and it gives Philly a great 3 point shooter in CJ and allows Embiid to work the paint. I just don't think Portland will part with either of their superstars because both are better than Ben Simmons.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

You nailed it on Simmons, Rod.

F*ck Kyrie. He arguably is the most selfish motherf*cker in the NBA, disguised as a "different" guy who marches to his own beat. No, he's a selfish prick. How many NBA teams has he walked out on after a season or during the season?

As Barkley said two nights ago on "Inside the NBA," you don't get vaccinated for yourself. You get vaccinated for your family, for your teammates. It's obvious Kyrie doesn't give a sh*t about his teammates or his team. How many times has he been shot up during halftime after an injury in the first two quarters, not having a clue what was in the syringe?
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Wow, Miami looked great in their season opener. If this is a precursor of what they are capable, look out. Many pundits before the start of the said, Miami is built for the Playoffs and it’s not a team you want to play. Miami has a good mixture of youth and veterans. Tyler Herro lead the scoring with 27 and he was the 6th man.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

pk500 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:52 pm
You nailed it on Simmons, Rod.

F*ck Kyrie. He arguably is the most selfish motherf*cker in the NBA, disguised as a "different" guy who marches to his own beat. No, he's a selfish prick. How many NBA teams has he walked out on after a season or during the season?

As Barkley said two nights ago on "Inside the NBA," you don't get vaccinated for yourself. You get vaccinated for your family, for your teammates. It's obvious Kyrie doesn't give a sh*t about his teammates or his team. How many times has he been shot up during halftime after an injury in the first two quarters, not having a clue what was in the syringe?
Well said!

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

ESPN with the Phoenix Suns expose.

Lot of claims by former employees but no smoking gun audio or video tape.

Probably won't end up like Donald Sterling and the Clippers.

NBA will do a pro forma investigation but likely penalties will be more along the lines of what the league imposed on the Mavs for their sexual harassment scandal.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I know someone who worked close to Sarver for 5 years w the Suns. She said he’s a prick and an egotistical narcissist but he never said anything sexual or racist in her presence. The article seems like a giant hit piece that doesn’t have proof of anything really. As much as I love the Suns and hate Sarver, he isn’t going anywhere.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

No surprise that Zion Williamson is out another 4-6 weeks trying to come back from another foot injury that hasn’t healed properly. Will he even play this year? I said it before, that I doubt he’ll be around playing in 4 yrs. The kid is a generational talent like Jordan and LeBron but I read the kid already weighs over 300 lbs. The body can’t take that kind of abuse in the NBA when your job is to take jump shots and make ridiculous dunks.

Supposedly N.O. has him on a diet. Good luck with that especially with all the crazy cuisine in NO and the kid loves to eat.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Zion ain't playing this year - they are awful, so no reason to rush him back. That said, they have to figure out if they are gonna extend that rookie deal. Which is no guarantee at this point.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:09 pm
Zion ain't playing this year - they are awful, so no reason to rush him back. That said, they have to figure out if they are gonna extend that rookie deal. Which is no guarantee at this point.
Sure if he gets injured again next year and doesn't lose some weight but damn, pretty much every NBA team would have his agents number on speed dial.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I think Ben Simmons is going to regret getting shipped to Brooklyn. If he thinks Philly fans are vocal he better get ready to deal with major backlash when things don't go his way. NY fans can downright get hostile. They will turn on any of their own if they think you aren't playing up to your standards. Obviously he's buffered by KD and Kyrie but what happens if either gets injured and they need him to score? The dude is damaged goods and i'm shocked Brooklyn didn't ask for more like Maxey in the deal.

I'm looking forward to the Brooklyn vs Philly matchup in March 10th in Philly. That should be fun. My bet is he'll skip out and use an excuse for not playing.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Rodster wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:15 pm
I think Ben Simmons is going to regret getting shipped to Brooklyn. If he thinks Philly fans are vocal he better get ready to deal with major backlash when things don't go his way. NY fans can downright get hostile. They will turn on any of their own if they think you aren't playing up to your standards. Obviously he's buffered by KD and Kyrie but what happens if either gets injured and they need him to score? The dude is damaged goods and i'm shocked Brooklyn didn't ask for more like Maxey in the deal.

I'm looking forward to the Brooklyn vs Philly matchup in March 10th in Philly. That should be fun. My bet is he'll skip out and use an excuse for not playing.
Not sure if you are that familiar with Phillly…Philly fans are just as harsh, if not more, than any in the league. Simmons is very entitled so he is going to catch s*** no matter where he goes. He’s lucky to have had time in Philly. He has seen the dark side. Trust me.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Crazy trade.

Would you give Harden $233 million extension? He'd be making over $60 million at age 38.

He' not been good this year, nowhere near an MVP.

Is he going to play better now that he would presumably be motivated?

Or is he out of shape, maybe don't have the same first step or finishing ability that he used to have?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

wco81 wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:02 pm
Crazy trade.

Would you give Harden $233 million extension? He'd be making over $60 million at age 38.

He' not been good this year, nowhere near an MVP.

Is he going to play better now that he would presumably be motivated?

Or is he out of shape, maybe don't have the same first step or finishing ability that he used to have?
You have to if you want to maximize Embiid's prime. That's why they brought in Harden. What you are paying for are the first 2 yrs of the contract. Anything after that is a bonus with Harden. The only problem I see is that you again have two ball dominant stars on the same team. Hopefully Daryl Morey pulls it off because he loves Harden.