NFL Season 2021-22

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL Season 2019

Post by Danimal »

I also think the ability to review PI calls was just a bone to shut people up from last year. Considering clear PI calls have not been made and been challenged and not over turned. I would bet money that rule is gone next season.

The NFL is content no matter what they do people will still watch, but if enough people think the games are fixed or the officiating is taking over they might regret that hubris.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Damn Madden cover curse. :evil:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Successful return of E. Thomas to Seahawks land. The former legend of doom had a solid game, Ravens’ D just stiffed SEA at home where the D itself converted on two TD’s as Wilson and Metcalf, two key figures in the team’s early success had subpar performances turning the ball over, which turned into TDs for the opposition.

L. Jackson had a field trip running the ball, tough loss but not surprising at all. As I was saying last week watching this Hawks team, I don’t think their record is as good as it is currently and today they were just schooled by BAL.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Watched a little bit of the Vikings/Redskins game last night solely because Fox Sports app had the game in 4K. What a great looking picture! The game itself was nothing special. The Skins are brutal.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

And this is what "sucks" about the NFL. NY Jets OL Kelechi Osemele got cut because he decided to have shoulder surgery. He says he had three doctors including the Jets team doctor who said he needed surgery. He had the surgery and he was released and the NY Jets said the team doctor did not approve of the surgery. The Jets wanted him to play in pain like he did during his stint with the Raiders. Nothing is guaranteed in this league that asked you to blowup your fuc#ing body every Sunday.

Now for the irony of all this. Miami Heat Power Forward James Johnson was banished from training camp due to not meeting the teams weight requirement. He's guaranteed his $60 million over 4 years if he never plays another game in Miami.

Dion Waiters got into an argument on the sideline with the head coach during their last preseason game. He was suspended for 1 game without pay. He's back with the team and is guaranteed his $52 million over 4 years. And both the NBA guys are not blowing up their bodies like they do in the NFL. One day college athletes will see the disparity because the NFLPA don't know how to properly negotiate on behalf of the players. If I had the chance of playing either football or basketball, i'd choose basketball without blinking. They get paid more on average and it's all guaranteed.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Rodster wrote:And this is what "sucks" about the NFL. NY Jets OL Kelechi Osemele got cut because he decided to have shoulder surgery. He says he had three doctors including the Jets team doctor who said he needed surgery. He had the surgery and he was released and the NY Jets said the team doctor did not approve of the surgery. The Jets wanted him to play in pain like he did during his stint with the Raiders. Nothing is guaranteed in this league that asked you to blowup your fuc#ing body every Sunday.

Now for the irony of all this. Miami Heat Power Forward James Johnson was banished from training camp due to not meeting the teams weight requirement. He's guaranteed his $60 million over 4 years if he never plays another game in Miami.

Dion Waiters got into an argument on the sideline with the head coach during their last preseason game. He was suspended for 1 game without pay. He's back with the team and is guaranteed his $52 million over 4 years. And both the NBA guys are not blowing up their bodies like they do in the NFL. One day college athletes will see the disparity because the NFLPA don't know how to properly negotiate on behalf of the players. If I had the chance of playing either football or basketball, i'd choose basketball without blinking. They get paid more on average and it's all guaranteed.
There was a reality show called Friday Night Tykes, about a youth football league in San Antonio. It was about middle class parents having their 8-12 year olds play in this league. The parents were so serious about it. Some of them were former military and saw youth football as a way to instill routine, discipline and hard work. Others were like soccer parents, they were all about dreams of glory. The coaches were former high school, some college players, again living their dreams through the kids.

A spinoff, Friday Night Tykes Steel Country was based on Western PA counties with shut down steel mills and opioid addiction. But they had a great tradition so the parents and kids were talking about NFL players who had made it out of those youth leagues such as Revis.

Football culture won't disappear right away. It will take some years for some of these parents to learn about CTE and head injury risks, to say nothing about other injuries which leave many former players debilitated in som way. Hell most current players won't quit the game or refrain from helmet to helmet hits. They're aware of the lousy contract terms compared to NBA and MLB players. But I wonder if football is just something that's ingrained in them, if they've been playing since peewee days.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

It looked like Jared Goff was getting back into Pro Bowl quarterback form yesterday! Of course, having Cooper Kupp to throw to helps... what a crafty receiver!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

J_Cauthen wrote:It looked like Jared Goff was getting back into Pro Bowl quarterback form yesterday!
If only the piece of s*** could play winless teams every week.... :evil:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Watching the patriots as they are going to lose to the Ravens.

Anytime these c*** lose is a good time.

A GREAT TIME!

Right bandwagoners?

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

jimmydeicide liked this comment.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

XXXIV wrote:Right bandwagoners?
Are there actually any Pats fans at DSP? I don't recall any.
Follow Me on:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

The word fan was never used. :wink:

I know Rally Monkey is a real deal Patriots fan but have not heard from him in a while.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

XXXIV wrote:The word fan was never used. :wink:
Ah gotcha, I'm a little out of touch. Just counting the L's for the Bears so i can collect on all my bets.
Follow Me on:

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I applaud the Ravens!!!

.. and the Dolphins for beating the Jets!
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

So after the latest PI challenge its clear the only play the want to over turn is the one in the NFC championship game.

That was CLEAR PI yet they dont give a flying f***.

Then they call a PI that is not even close to a PI.

What a disgrace the scum in the media the assholes on twitter and message boards have created....f***in ASSHOLES

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

XXXIV wrote:So after the latest PI challenge its clear the only play the want to over turn is the one in the NFC championship game.

What a disgrace the scum in the media the assholes on twitter and message boards have created....f***in ASSHOLES
I am 100% with you. How that was not PI on Dallas is beyond me. Then they make a terrible PI call on the Giants.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

MizzouRah wrote:
XXXIV wrote:So after the latest PI challenge its clear the only play the want to over turn is the one in the NFC championship game.

I am 100% with you. How that was not PI on Dallas is beyond me. Then they make a terrible PI call on the Giants.
Agreed... both calls were horrific, but to not correct the Dallas PI after review showed just how heavy the pressure is from the league office to not overturn calls 8O

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

J_Cauthen wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:

Agreed... both calls were horrific, but to not correct the Dallas PI after review showed just how heavy the pressure is from the league office to not overturn calls 8O
More of the same disgrace today.

The Bucs clearly interfered on the last play of the game vs the Cards.

Was their a correction? Hell NO! Not even a f***in review!

Thanks once again to all the filth in the media, pigs on twitter and assholes on message boards for this disgrace.

c***.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

When you look up gutless in the dictionary you should be seeing a picture of this f***in f*ggot.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

XXXIV wrote:Gurley. Todd Gurley. The beginning and the end of the Rams offense.

Without Gurley there is no Goff. Goff is a product of a system that requires the best and most complete back in the game. He is no longer with us.

Without Gurley there is no McVay. This boy genius and his system require the best and most complete back in the game. He is no longer with us.

Its not just that piece of s*** Goff that needs Gurley to be effective its also the filth medias golden boy McVay.

The Rams offense is a ZERO without Gurley. A f***in ZERO!

I am sick and tired of hearing from the filth in the media and assholes on message boards who DO NOT WATCH the Rams games talk their bullshit. Its enough of you c*** already. You are dumb, you are clueless and yes you are huge c***. It really is hard to listen to scumbags who have no f***in clue as to what they are talking about. Really hard. You are HUGE c***.

NO GURLEY = NO RAMS!!! Get it through your tiny lil brains.

Morons. Assholes. Go f*** yourselves.
Clear and obvious once again.

Why the f*** this stuck up c*** mcvay doesnt see it? I dont know.

The minute he goes away from Gurley it all turns to s***.

Why cant this asshole see the obvious?

I seriously dont understand wtf they are seeing cause I see a piece of s***.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Im really starting to feel bad for the rest of the Rams club as they have to put up with this dumb twat.

Ridiculous int into double coverage on first down.

Once again... see above post...the pompous ass mcvay has completely forgotten the reason for his success and its not the c*** at qb.
Last edited by XXXIV on Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Goff
Last edited by XXXIV on Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Interference is interference....
Last edited by XXXIV on Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Goff is s***.
Last edited by XXXIV on Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Trash.
Last edited by XXXIV on Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.