NFL Season 2021-22

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL Season 2019

Post by XXXIV »

Goosfraba
Last edited by XXXIV on Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Before I go to bed if I could actually sleep...I have to repeat this thought...

If the Rams had taken a knee on every offensive play they would have won easily and going away.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Damn Dolphins! So they win two straight, maybe Brian Flores has potential as a HC if he can win 2 straight with a bunch of outcasts. But here's the problem, say bye-bye to Tua or Burrows because Cincy, Washington and possibly NY if Adam Gase stays another year will be looking for QB's. That's unless the Dolphins get desperate and part with their 3 1st rd picks to trade up. If the Dolphins windup in the 4th spot in next years draft, they might as well snag Chase Young who's been compared to Khalil Mack and a much better version of the Bosa Bros.

And try to maybe snag Lawrence in next years draft.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Tua will not go first. Dude is fragile...and I don't want him in a Dolphins uniform anyway. Wins are fine...I'd rather have them win 4-5 games and pick 7-10 than win zero and pick first. That #1 pick contract is a killer if the player doesn't pan out.

I'm way more offended they dropped Minka after a season...he's proving he's the playmaker we all expected once Pittsburgh stuck him at safety and let him roam.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Tua will not go first. Dude is fragile...and I don't want him in a Dolphins uniform anyway. Wins are fine...I'd rather have them win 4-5 games and pick 7-10 than win zero and pick first. That #1 pick contract is a killer if the player doesn't pan out.

I'm way more offended they dropped Minka after a season...he's proving he's the playmaker we all expected once Pittsburgh stuck him at safety and let him roam.
I forgot about the #1 contract but the Dolphins should be more than fine cap-wise. Unloading Minkah was "STUPID" plain and simple, definitely worthy of a top pick. We all knew he can play and Saban said that was one of the best players he's coached. He showed it last year but he didn't want to play in Miami and supposedly they tried to talk him out of it but he wanted to leave.

That said, don't know much about Tua's health history but hopefully they don't give away 1st picks just to move up.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Tua wasn't even the best QB in the LSU game, not sure why anyone would want him first.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:Tua wasn't even the best QB in the LSU game, not sure why anyone would want him first.
True. But he also threw for 400+ yards on an ankle that is being held together by screws and surgical filament. The kid is tough and a gamer. Burrow was stellar, but Tua was pretty damn good, too, especially considering his injury.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:
Danimal wrote:Tua wasn't even the best QB in the LSU game, not sure why anyone would want him first.
True. But he also threw for 400+ yards on an ankle that is being held together by screws and surgical filament. The kid is tough and a gamer. Burrow was stellar, but Tua was pretty damn good, too, especially considering his injury.
Unless something really bad happens to Tua (medical or performance issues) between now and the draft, I don't see anyone else going at #1. I have yet to see him play but from what i've read, he's flashy on the field, he can run, is an accurate passer, good/solid NFL arm strength. He'll put butts in the seats.

But CBS Sports is beginning to hype Burrows. Either way I don't think the Dolphins will pick in the top 2 unless they get stupid and trade all three 1st rd picks to move up. And then what was the point of tanking and trading away good young players to give those 1st rd picks away? Supposedly Clemson QB Lawrence if he were in the 2020 draft would be the #1 pick.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I'll take Chase Young. Forget all of the "top" QBs this year.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Offensive tackle Andrew Thomas of Georgia is a stud, too.

OT often isn't the sexiest position to draft No. 1 overall, but I'm not convinced Burrow or Tua are 10-year playoff starters in the NFL. Judging college QBs is such an inexact science. Few gushed about Lamar Jackson after his senior year at Louisville, and look at him now.

I think it's easier to determine how O-linemen adapt to the pro game. Notre Dame guard Quentin Nelson was a can't-miss prospect, and his first two years with the Colts have borne that out. Nelson already is one of the best offensive linemen in the game and shored up the Colts' leaky line almost immediately. Dude will be a perennial All-Pro for the next decade.

Thomas could fit that role for a team, too. But, yeah, O-linemen don't sell tickets quite like quarterbacks with marquee value from big-time college programs.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:I'll take Chase Young. Forget all of the "top" QBs this year.
And he's the best player in the 2020 draft based on most of the mock drafts. I'd take him as well and that's probably and I hope what the Dolphins will do.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:Offensive tackle Andrew Thomas of Georgia is a stud, too.

OT often isn't the sexiest position to draft No. 1 overall, but I'm not convinced Burrow or Tua are 10-year playoff starters in the NFL. Judging college QBs is such an inexact science. Few gushed about Lamar Jackson after his senior year at Louisville, and look at him now.

I think it's easier to determine how O-linemen adapt to the pro game. Notre Dame guard Quentin Nelson was a can't-miss prospect, and his first two years with the Colts have borne that out. Nelson already is one of the best offensive linemen in the game and shored up the Colts' leaky line almost immediately. Dude will be a perennial All-Pro for the next decade.

Thomas could fit that role for a team, too. But, yeah, O-linemen don't sell tickets quite like quarterbacks with marquee value from big-time college programs.
That's what Bill Parcells was up against. Take Jake Long or Matt Ryan? He went with Jake Long and he was solid as long as he stayed healthy.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

dbdynsty25 wrote:I'll take Chase Young. Forget all of the "top" QBs this year.
Then maybe trade some picks to improve chances at the #1 pick the following season when Trevor Lawrence is available for the draft. I still think he's a for sure thing as an NFL QB.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Hell of a game tonight, congrats to the Seahawks.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

MizzouRah wrote:Hell of a game tonight, congrats to the Seahawks.
Damn good win.

The 72 Dolphins partying in the nursing homes.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote: True. But he also threw for 400+ yards on an ankle that is being held together by screws and surgical filament. The kid is tough and a gamer. Burrow was stellar, but Tua was pretty damn good, too, especially considering his injury.
Let's just say anyone who starts limping more profoundly for the cameras after a loss, well I question how bad of an injury it actually is. It's not like Alabama is not above being shady.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

pk500 wrote:
He’s got stud WRs who get a lot of separation.

It’s hard to evaluate QBs on programs which are far more talented than most of their opponents.

Remember Jason White won a Heisman easily at Oklahoma, was never regarded highly by NFL scouts even though he put up huge numbers because of the surrounding talent.

Or Matt Leinart who was drafted high but didn’t have WRs who dominated CBS like he had at USC.

Not saying Tua will be a bust but it’s hard to judge QBs who get to play with 1st round NFL receivers.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

wco81 wrote:but it’s hard to judge QBs who get to play with 1st round NFL receivers.
That seems to be the one knock on the QB from Clemson. He has a bunch of Randy Moss type receivers to throw to.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

wco81 wrote:
Or Matt Leinart who was drafted high but didn’t have WRs who dominated CBS like he had at USC.
:roll: :roll:

Are you talking about the same Matt Leinart who had Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin at WR with the Cardinals? The same bust who after being benched for Kurt Warner watched his team get to the Super Bowl? That Matt Leinart?

Great example!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

And down goes Tua again. Please do not let the Dolphins draft that kid.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Dislocated hip.

Not sure any NFL team would draft him high now.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

wco81 wrote:Dislocated hip.

The sad part is, you’re probably right. At least not this year. He’ll need to come back to college and prove he’s not Bo Jackson. I feel sorry for him...at least his career.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Haha. Clear pass interference on Ravens against D. Hopkins. Review yields...NOTHING. Fugging joke.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
wco81 wrote:Dislocated hip.

The sad part is, you’re probably right. At least not this year. He’ll need to come back to college and prove he’s not Bo Jackson. I feel sorry for him...at least his career.
I don't understand why everyone gushed over Tua before this injury but slept a tiny bit on Hurts. All Hurts has done is put up huge numbers -- as good or better than Tua -- in two programs. He's proving he's not a "system QB."

Either way, Burrow continues to show each week he's the best QB prospect in this year's draft class.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

A sports doctor weighed in on Tua's injury and basically said he's Bo Jackson II.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... e-outlook/

"Dr. Levitt said that this form of injury is uncommon and is generally associated with violent automobile accidents."