NFL Season 2021-22

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL Season 2021

Post by pk500 »

Sudz wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:23 pm
Any thoughts on mac jones? Looks like he slimmed down a bit since that fat pic from the natty.
He's not the greatest athlete, but apparently he's accurate and makes good decisions.

But the big question with Jones is the one that surrounds any 'Bama QB: Is he really good or are his skills amplified by Bama's system and recruiting? He's protected by an O-line filled with five-star recruits, and 'Bama tends to land the absolute best five-star receivers in the country every year.

Jones often is throwing to guys who are wide open. Is that why he's so accurate? Can he make the tough throws against men who aren't wide open in the NFL? Is he a franchise QB? Or is he Tua? Or even worse, is he A.J. McCarron?

Another caution flag for Jones: He started just one season at 'Bama. Lawrence started three at Clemson.

And think about it: Who was the last true QB star in the NFL who played at Bama? Ken "The Snake" Stabler. That was a LONG time ago. (Sorry, Jets' fans: Richard Todd doesn't count.) 'Bama doesn't exactly have a strong track record of churning out NFL franchise QBs.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Yeah and you can also say the same about OSU and for a time USC QBs as well.

They get to play with the best supporting cast of players.

OTOH, they play against other schools which also get the top draft classes too.

They also say ACC and Mountain West or whichever conference BYU is in aren't too competitive either.

But the record of players from small schools is mixed as well. Wentz had a couple of good seasons in the NFL coming from a small school, now he may no longer be a top QB.

OTOH, Allen played at an MVP level in his third year in the NFL out of Wyoming?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Many of those other QBs coming out of big-time schools were multi-year starters. Jones started one year.

Sure, that's a product of being at a five-star factory. But Bama's track record of delivering elite QBs to the NFL is poor, both before and during Saban's reign. Odd, because Bama produced Bart Starr, Joe Namath and Ken Stabler in about a 15-year span from the early-50s to the mid-60s.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Way too early to say bust but Trevor Lawrence has looked average. JaMarr Chase dropped all three of the passes thrown to him. Kyle Pitts looks like the real deal. NY Jets, Zach Wilson has looked solid and is playing like he showed have been selected #1 over all.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Rodster wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:59 pm
Way too early to say bust but Trevor Lawrence has looked average. JaMarr Chase dropped all three of the passes thrown to him. Kyle Pitts looks like the real deal. NY Jets, Zach Wilson has looked solid and is playing like he showed have been selected #1 over all.
How bad is the Jags o-line? is that a factor?

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL Season 2021-22

Post by Dave »

Urban Meyer's offense also doesn't seem to be doing him any favors. Reminds me of the neanderthal offense Chuck Pagano put in place for Andrew Luck that got him killed behind a bad offensive line.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Dave wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:07 am
Urban Meyer's offense also doesn't seem to be doing him any favors. Reminds me of the neanderthal offense Chuck Pagano put in place for Andrew Luck that got him killed behind a bad offensive line.
Bite your tongue. Urban is a genius -- just ask him.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

A sh*t load of chatter about Deshaun Watson and the Miami Dolphins. The press seems to indicate that the smoke is real. The Texans are believed to want 3 first rd and 2 second rd picks. Okay we all know he’s a franchise QB and wants out of Houston but he has a lot of legal baggage over his head. And seriously if the guy got in trouble in Houston with the ladies do you think he’d stay out of trouble in South Beach? I don’t think so.

Besides, Tua has played well so far in training camp and the preseason. Miami took a flyer with the 5 pick on him knowing the pros and cons. They might as well see this thru because if they don’t and Watson does arrive and he’s in jail or suspended by the NFL, the Dolphins will take a serious hit to the credibility it has tried to earn the last 3 years.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

whoa, didn't see Cam getting released.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Sudz wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:18 pm
Jones apparently was lights out in practice during Cam's five-day COVID isolation period during which he missed practice. Think Cam regrets not getting vaccinated now?

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:28 am
Sudz wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:18 pm
Jones apparently was lights out in practice during Cam's five-day COVID isolation period during which he missed practice. Think Cam regrets not getting vaccinated now?
And I mean at this stage of the game despite his decision not to be vaxxed, which team will be willing to take on a declining QB in his 30’s, struggled the past 3-4 years and is prone to injuries?

He would be a decent back up provided he follows the league’s Covid protocols.

But like his tweet clearly said: “Don’t feel sorry for me”.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:29 am
And I mean at this stage of the game despite his decision not to be vaxxed, which team will be willing to take on a declining QB in his 30’s, struggled the past 3-4 years and is prone to injuries?

He would be a decent back up provided he follows the league’s Covid protocols.

But like his tweet clearly said: “Don’t feel sorry for me”.
I can't see Cam being content as a backup. He may join a team in a second-string role saying all the right things for the first few weeks, but the second QB1 on that team has a bad game, Cam will start whining to the media that he should get a chance to start.

Newton has been coddled and primped his entire career, all the way back to the bags dropped to him and his father by colleges during his recruiting process. No chance that dude's ego will let him endure a secondary role. He has to be the center of the galaxy on every team for which he plays.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Damn, that was an exciting Thursday nighter, unless you're a Giants fan who kept shooting themselves in the foot.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

10spro wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:49 pm
Damn, that was an exciting Thursday nighter, unless you're a Giants fan who kept shooting themselves in the foot.
It's been a great start to the NFL season (except for the Bills losing), great game tonight.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I had the Giants +3.5 so I am loving the outcome
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Now THAT was a Bills WIN!!!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

MizzouRah wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:01 pm
Back on track. But Allen's inaccuracy is concerning. Early days, but he's regressing to 2019 in terms of accuracy on shorter passes.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:08 am
MizzouRah wrote:
Back on track. But Allen's inaccuracy is concerning. Early days, but he's regressing to 2019 in terms of accuracy on shorter passes.
Lets not get carried away. Miami's offense is awful and they still had the ball a vast vast majority of the time. Allen looks like he's regressed. I mean yes, the Bills are quite a bit better than Miami, but I wouldn't get too excited yet.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:07 pm
pk500 wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:
Lets not get carried away. Miami's offense is awful and they still had the ball a vast vast majority of the time. Allen looks like he's regressed. I mean yes, the Bills are quite a bit better than Miami, but I wouldn't get too excited yet.
:lol: The Dolphins are putrid and while many want to jump on Tua, I won't because the O-Line sucks Donkey Balls and has for quite some time. The only three OL picks the Dolphins nailed were Jake Long, Leremy Tunsil and the center from Florida, I forget his name. Brian Flores needs to share the blame. Two OC? He's changed the OL coach what 3 times already? The OL is what got Tannehill nearly killed and now he's thriving in Tenn. Fitz almost suffered the same fate.

The Bills are a vastly superior team and one of the best in the AFC.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:07 pm
pk500 wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:
35-0. I think any team delivering that kind of ass-kicking in the NFL has a few things going right for it.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

pk500 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:46 pm
35-0. I think any team delivering that kind of ass-kicking in the NFL has a few things going right for it.
Yeah me too.. I'm not ordering Super Bowl t-shirts or anything but it was good to see them come out and play well. Allen will be fine.. he will get better each game.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:52 pm
:lol: The Dolphins are putrid and while many want to jump on Tua,
Tua is going to be a backup at best, might take you guys 2 more years to realize it but he will be.

Trust me as a Bears fan I have a QB sucks 6th sense. If it makes you feel any better so will Fields.
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:07 am
Rodster wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:52 pm
:lol: The Dolphins are putrid and while many want to jump on Tua,
Tua is going to be a backup at best, might take you guys 2 more years to realize it but he will be.

Trust me as a Bears fan I have a QB sucks 6th sense. If it makes you feel any better so will Fields.
My point is you could put Watson, Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Allen, Wilson, Ryan behind that line and they would a) be running for their lives and b) they wouldn’t be the same QB’s. Tannehill is now a more effective and better QB in Tenn vs playing behind the Dolphins OL. They need to fix and find solutions to the troubled OL which has been a problem since Jimmy Johnson became head coach in the mid 90’s.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:00 am
My point is you could put Watson, Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Allen, Wilson, Ryan behind that line and they would a) be running for their lives and b) they wouldn’t be the same QB’s. Tannehill is now a more effective and better QB in Tenn vs playing behind the Dolphins OL. They need to fix and find solutions to the troubled OL which has been a problem since Jimmy Johnson became head coach in the mid 90’s.
As a Bears fan I know all about shitty offensive lines, still doesn't change the fact Tua is not top tier. All these guys look great at Bama, OSU and Clemson because their teams are stacked. Then they all get rushed into service and suddenly they aren't facing Sister Mary Christian academy every week and they look like crap. The NFL is going to continue to have guys who don't pan out because they all need to win on that rookie QB contract.
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:40 pm
Rodster wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:00 am
As a Bears fan I know all about shitty offensive lines, still doesn't change the fact Tua is not top tier. All these guys look great at Bama, OSU and Clemson because their teams are stacked. Then they all get rushed into service and suddenly they aren't facing Sister Mary Christian academy every week and they look like crap. The NFL is going to continue to have guys who don't pan out because they all need to win on that rookie QB contract.
But doesn't matter what Tua is right now or will or won't be in the future. The Dolphins need to have a solid OL before any QB thrives. Tua can be a serviceable QB and you can win with him and he doesn't have to be a top 15 QB. You just need all the correct pieces in place to succeed. Trent Dilfer is a good example. He was drafted by the Bucs in the 1st Rd, never met the expectations and was traded to the Ravens. He was the backup QB then became the starter. He helped the Ravens win their first Super Bowl. Brad Johnson also for the Bucs did something similar as well as Joe Flacco for the Ravens. In this league a stud franchise QB like Brady, Mahomes etc definitely helps get you over the top but it by no means says the team will take it all the way.

So my point is Tua is the least of the Dolphins QB problems right now, ask Ryan Tannehill.